BME Dragster Not Allowed to Test (1 Viewer)

Actually, Miller did it well before Force did. or felt compelled to.

Ya that darn John Force who does he think he is spending all of his own money to develop a SAFER car and sharing the technology with everyone for FREE....Man some people sure got alot of nerve.

Thanks for the update Bobby.

I talked to Long hours ago and we discussed the area that NHRA/SFI has an issue with.

I'ts moot, IMHO.

The BME car exceeds the SFI spec.

Now, it appears the SFI wants you to only 'meet' a certain tube O.D and I.D.

You exceed that and you are not in compliance.

What happened to the wording "meet or exceed" in the SFI specs?

Also brought up was only a certain builders construction practices would be approved. meaning, where you put the splice joints and such.

Does a certain builder have naked pics of those in power at NHRA with underaged chimps or something to have this kind of leverage?

just asking...

I have no doubt that the usual guys will jump in here with their colorful words flying about me again but am I the only one who finds it quite unusual that an engineer such as Bill Miller who probably knows more than all the NHRA brass collectively about metalurgy and strength, design and structural integrity is clearly being blackballed here?

I have no doubt that the usual guys will jump in here with their colorful words flying about me again but am I the only one who finds it quite unusual that an engineer such as Bill Miller who probably knows more than all the NHRA brass collectively about metalurgy and strength, design and structural integrity is clearly being blackballed here?

Bobby....i respect your opinion as much as anyone's so i am asking you this....has Bill Miller gone to NHRA with a blue print of his chassis that can be for public knowledge cuz i believe that is what they are looking for....a blueprint to a better chassis that can be shared with everyone....and as far as i know...JFR is the only one that has provided that....now granted others have had input towards making a decision but has anyone said...This is how it should be done....rail for rail??? i ask because i don't know of such an example?

I for one would love to see those pictures of the "area" you referred to earlier.

So let me get this straight . . .
The new spec is not in force until ATLANTA, but Bill Miller cannot run TODAY.
It would seem that his car would definitely cert to the old spec, and would be considered "meet or exceed" as spoken of above, and thus could run without any issue. Then have the invitation to get it approved, appealed, whatever before Atlanta.
I am going out on a limb here, but I doubt Arley Langlow and Gene Davis had cars to the new spec.

And as a side note. not sure about all of the items in question with Bobby, but myself and Paul took pictures of a dozen funny car steering sections. Five were drastically different. And four looked absolutely nothing like the download from SFI's website, but all were allowed to run. A few others were variations of the same. But no problems there. And that is in the drivers compartment.
Just smells a little funny.

Miller is not the first person that NHRA has reacted to like this nor will he be the last...He should have known that they would inspect his car and look for anything to keep him on the outside looking in....Common sense IMO...

It is a part of life...the politics and when you challenge an organization that owns the playing table you should be very cautious when telling them how they should run-it,,,and should not be surprised when they pull rank on ya...

I worked on a fuel coupe out of Texas many years ago and this owner used a mega-watt speaker to blast sounds of his dairy cows 'moo-ing' when we pulled under the tower @ the Motorplex to which the crowd loved...The NHRA came over and told him to turn it off, to which he said "No"...He qualified on Sat and sure enough Sun morning he was being drug/alcohol tested by the NHRA and his car was gone over by the tech dept again...he passed both.....

It is a part of life...the politics and when you challenge an organization that owns the playing table you should be very cautious when telling them how they should run-it,,,and should not be surprised when they pull rank on ya...

I worked on a fuel coupe out of Texas many years ago and this owner used a mega-watt speaker to blast sounds of his dairy cows 'moo-ing' when we pulled under the tower @ the Motorplex to which the crowd loved...The NHRA came over and told him to turn it off, to which he said "No"...He qualified on Sat and sure enough Sun morning he was being drug/alcohol tested by the NHRA and his car was gone over by the tech dept again...he passed both.....
That wouldn'tbe a white & black car that left cow manure on the track at the U.S. Nationals one year . Funniest darn thing I ever saw , 'cause I grew up on a dairy farm .

This just goes on and on an on...Ever since the '60s NHRA has not been known for turning it's collective cheek to detractors. I will say that Miller went by the adage about asking permission vs begging forgiveness. I really don't understand WHY he wasn't allowed to run since the new spec is so far out in time. From what the Pro chassis builders are saying here this chassis would have been approved last season? If they have until April, why can't they run? What am I missing?

. . . What am I missing?
He voiced his opinion (which is fact in the real world) against those of the powers-that-be and they have chosen to make an example out of one of the really good people with talent, expertise, ingenuity and experience beyond that of the powers themselves.

This will prove to be a big mistake in my humble opinion. There is no need to pull rank where it could cause any sort of meltdown within the organization but that's just my opinion (oh, and I'm sticking to it.)

Hopefully this boneheaded stunt (Olsen, NHRA,) wont cause Miller to sell or take his team elsewhere.:confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back