Photos - Matco Tools Dragster (1 Viewer)

It's a nice one too - I'm happy that they've cleaned up the graphics when it transferred from FC to dragster. I found the old FC paint way too busy - too much "lightning" or "cobwebs" or whatever those lines were supposed to be... The plain, pure blue at the nose really helps tie everything together.

It's a nice one too - I'm happy that they've cleaned up the graphics when it transferred from FC to dragster. I found the old FC paint way too busy - too much "lightning" or "cobwebs" or whatever those lines were supposed to be... The plain, pure blue at the nose really helps tie everything together.

I agree Doug...the Matco flopper was hard to look at...waaaay too busy. It looked like a graphic arts student on speeders did the design. On the new digger you can actually tell what the base color of the car is. Very nice!

I'm looking forward to seeing Whit in that great looking Matco dragster too. Wish it was this weekend in Vegas vs. next weekend in Phoenix, but have to agree with having it all together and ready for testing or no point to it. Some teams that hit one or more of the Test Sessions will essentially need to be on the road for 2-3 weeks like in the regaular season, as I doubt that any team that hits the last Vegas session is going to head back East before Pomona. Maybe not even those that hit Phoenix and skip Vegas-2. Go Whit!

By the way, in regard to Hot Rod Fuller and the rumours surrounding whether he has the ride in his car, after seeing what happened in Miami with Nick Saban, their now ex-coach, denying he would go to Alabama, and then going, you can see where you have to say "something" to the media when pressured, even if it has to be taken back. Nick was being honest with the media, and the Dolphins, when he stated before the season was over that he was "not interested" in the Alabama Crimson Tide head coach job. But, after the disappointing season was over, and he mulled it over with his wife, and DID speak to the Alabama boosters and search committee, he changed his mind. David Powers might be in a similar situation. For now, his plan is to run the car with Hot Rod Fuller in the seat, but who knows what is going on behind the scenes with contract negotiations. High stakes financing kinda overrules loyalty sometimes, just ask Phil Burkhart.

I like that new dragster. awesome. I 'm not sure I like Whit driving it, as opposed to a F/C though. Those dragsters are freaking scary these days.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back