Jr. Dragster driver injured (1 Viewer)

I just read that, and I can't believe it. I always believed it was impossible to get hurt in one of the JR cars, I guess how they look going downtrack is deceiving when compared to the big cars. We'll be pulling for her to make a full recovery.

From the Club .400 Slot Car Website. . .
CLUB (.400) DRAG BOARD: Kaylee Greer Update (Injured Jr. Driver)
Kaylee Greer Update (Injured Jr. Driver)

Posted by Joe Bohannon on 4/3/2007, 6:54 am

To everyone who attended our event.

I would like everyone to know Kaylee is doing well. I went to the hospital last night and they have her in an induced coma to reduce the chances of any further injuries. She is scheduled for a neck fusion surgery today at 10 a.m., the doctors are very hopeful. It appears that she doesn't have any brain injuries so that is wonderful. The swelling of the brain has gone down as well. She did wake up on Sunday and knew the people who was in the room with her, but the pain caused her to move to much and therefore they put her in the coma. Say a little prayer for her, she is hanging in there!

For the guys that don't know.

Kaylee is an eight year old girl, who was at Ohio Valley dragway on saturday. She was making her first run ever in a Jr. Dragster and the throttle hung on the car. She went all the way to the last turn off under power and impacted a concrete retaining wall at the last turn. It was reported the steering rod on the car did not buckle (as intended) on impact and it basically went into her helmet. She was revived two times at the track and frankly no one thought she would survive. It appears God makes that choice, not us! She also lives with Cystic Fibrosis, so she is a very tough little girl. I made an announcement over the microphone at the track on Saturday and instantly ever head in the room went down, you could have heard a pin drop. Guys the power of prayer is something that I have questioned at times in my life, but it is obvious what it can do! Thank You all.

Joe B

CLUB (.400) DRAG BOARD: Auction today @ 2p.m. at Bullitt Speedway
Auction today @ 2p.m. at Bullitt Speedway

Posted by Joe B on 4/7/2007, 6:09 am

First of all it is 9:00 a.m. when this message was posted. So everyone knows the time difference.

A few of the item everyone maybe be interested on the board are as follows.

Mopar Cuda by Brain Eldridge

Mopar Dart by Brian Eldridge

Car of your Choice by Meatball and Weasel

2) hand held practice trees by Richie Rich

Digital Delay Box, brand new

Car Craft Chevelle Diecast

Badger 200 air brush

Simpson Helmet (new) autographed by 4xworld champ Jeff Taylor and 2006 Comp Eliminator Champ Bo Butner

Jegs Automotive Autographed Crew Shirt ( signed by John, Mike, Jeggie, and Troy)

There are numerous other items as well, but probly of no interest to the Slot car world. Items can be paid for via Paypal. If you are interested Place a bid in this post and I will insert an internet bid once the item reaches that amount, if it doesn't reach your bid amount You will win the item at the amount it ended at plus $5.00. Thanks you guys so much for your help.

Joe Bohannon

CLUB (.400) DRAG BOARD: Kaylee's Easter Miracle
Kaylee's Easter Miracle

Posted by Joe Bohannon on 4/8/2007, 6:13 pm

Went to the hospital tonight and saw an Easter Miracle. Kaylee is moving both her Legs, Feet, Arms, and Hands. She is running a temperature of 104 but the Doctors aren't alarmed over it, they are giving her some motrin to try and bring it down. She is certianly not out of the woods, but she is hanging tough.

If anyone is interested a paypal account has been setup to make donations. Please don't feel obligated to do so, but it will be appreciated.

Paypal Account: [email protected]

Please leave a memo of: "Slot Car Racers for Kaylee"

Joe Bohannon

This is just awful. The sport needs to pull together and help this girl out. I ran streight into a barrier at over 100 MPH when my steering wheel came off. Until now I didn't realize how lucky I was. Our prayers are with her.

I don't do Pay Pal is there an address that checks can be sent to? We will post something tonight on our web site as well.

Last edited:
I am praying for a full recovery. This has to be one freaky accident. I too figured no one who ever get critically injured driving a JR dragster.

This is a sad deal. I have known Kaylees dad Chad for the last few years. The family needs everyones prayer. Here is an post from the Ohio Valley Raceway message board:

Ohio Valley Outlaw Shootout - Home

The KDR is donating 100% of the money raised selling the above deals to the Kaylee Greer Recovery Fund. The cost is $2 each and they come in Pink or white. I will have them at the track, ofcourse, but if you would like to get them sooner, or won't be there, you can order them by mail or through pay pal.

By Mail: Make checks payable to Kaylee Greer Recovery Account
and send to, along with info on how many and color

Kaylee Decals C/O Tammy Smith
8602 Old Boundary Rd
Louisville, Ky 40291

or pay pal: Log onto paypal,com, use the email address [email protected] and in the message box leave your address, and color choice

Prayers from everyone here please.. this is more than I can bear after this month's tragedy.

As some of you know, as well as being into this racing stuff forever myself, I now strap my son into one of these Jr.s, and like anyone ever closely involved with a racing team, you always hope that they have an angel tucked into the belts with them.

You can get hurt at any speed, at any location of the track (or the pits, or on the way in/out, etc.), and in any class or racing vehicle.

Some of you are qualified racers and crew chiefs, and many of you have never looked at these "go-karts" up close, but the next time you're at the track please do.. Some of you would be surprised to see the superior quality that goes into these cars. And while you're looking, if you notice something that you have a question about, something that might not be kosher in a "big dragster", find the parent and ask them if the've noticed it as well. Most of the teams are experienced, and their cars exceed safety standards, but extra eyes may save another racers life one day, no matter how old, or young, that racer may be.

Let's keep Kaylee in our heads and hearts and pray for a full recovery.

The minute one of my daughters stops respecting what these jr dragsters can do to hurt them I will pull their butts out of the seat.

Get well soon Kaylee!!

Hey, why don't you guys who lives in the State where she lives, do what I do every year? And that is put on a massive car show with all the proceeds going to her recovery! I'd do one for her here but I'm already committed for this year. Anyway, we call ours The Night of Fire and we raise over $6,000 per event with 100 percent going to the familey. We bring in a jet car to close the show with a fire show and it's always the talk of the town. You usually need a month's time to put it together and you just need a little bit of drive to make it happen.

Send me a private message if you want the details on how we successfully do it here. They are a blast to do and it's always worth the time and the effort. There's also some info and a picture on CapRacing Home Page

We've sent stuff off for the silent auction and I've posted this on several other boards to encourage more to do the same.

I couldn't even Imagine!!!!!

Hey, why don't you guys who lives in the State where she lives, do what I do every year? And that is put on a massive car show with all the proceeds going to her recovery! I'd do one for her here but I'm already committed for this year. Anyway, we call ours The Night of Fire and we raise over $6,000 per event with 100 percent going to the familey. We bring in a jet car to close the show with a fire show and it's always the talk of the town. You usually need a month's time to put it together and you just need a little bit of drive to make it happen.

Send me a private message if you want the details on how we successfully do it here. They are a blast to do and it's always worth the time and the effort. There's also some info and a picture on CapRacing Home Page

This is what's going to happen for Kaylee on the 22nd

On Sunday April 22 there will be a race and a day of fundraiser activities to benefit the Greer family. As you know, 8 year old Kaylee was injured in a Jr dragster crash last Saturday at Ohio Valley. She is in criticle but stable condition at Kosair Childrens Hospital with severe neck and facial injuries. As you can imagine this is a very trying time for the family both emotionally and financially. Please show your support and come out for a day of racing and fundraising activities.

Gates open at 10 am
Race at 1:00 pm

.500 pro tree, Handicap set, ALL RUN,
$30 entry fee
$15 Buy Back
$15 Junior Dragster
$5 Spectators
12 & under free

$600 to win
$250 R/U
please remember this is a BENEFIT race.

intermittent Grudge racing through out the day, you must have a tech card to grudge race. Call out whom ever you want! Donations accepted for grudge matches.

We will have multiple raffles
50/50 drawing
Silent Auction (car parts, crafts, anything you can donate!!!!!)
Corn Hole Tournament

RAIN OR SHINE, if it rains, we will do SOMETHING to raise money for this family!

The spectator side is open to any car or cruise club!! set up a car show, or BBQ and hang out! Car show car & drivers are FREE. Donations are gladly accepted.

for more information or to donate items for the auction please call
Tammy Smith @ 502-494-7864
or Missy Bobblitt at 502-510-1933

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back