BME Dragster Not Allowed to Test (1 Viewer)

So let me get this straight . . .
The new spec is not in force until ATLANTA, but Bill Miller cannot run TODAY.
It would seem that his car would definitely cert to the old spec, and would be considered "meet or exceed" as spoken of above, and thus could run without any issue. Then have the invitation to get it approved, appealed, whatever before Atlanta.
I am going out on a limb here, but I doubt Arley Langlow and Gene Davis had cars to the new spec.

And as a side note. not sure about all of the items in question with Bobby, but myself and Paul took pictures of a dozen funny car steering sections. Five were drastically different. And four looked absolutely nothing like the download from SFI's website, but all were allowed to run. A few others were variations of the same. But no problems there. And that is in the drivers compartment.
Just smells a little funny.

Is Gene Davis still trying to get his license? Everyone used to run when he came to the line.

Drag racing used to be about innovation. We used to take what was available and modify it to work better and more effeciently. Now NHRA has taken away all the reasons we raced.

All the things that made drag racing enjoyable are gone. I for one am about done. Much as I hate toilet bowlers I think I'll start giving them my money and attention.

I have to say, I am too........:mad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Waters
Drag racing used to be about innovation. We used to take what was available and modify it to work better and more effeciently. Now NHRA has taken away all the reasons we raced.

All the things that made drag racing enjoyable are gone. I for one am about done. Much as I hate toilet bowlers I think I'll start giving them my money and attention.

I have to say, I am too........:mad:

That is why I like to bracket race you can experiment with new things. The chassis I got will pass the 10.1E spec even though I only have it certified to 7.50 and slower, a whole lot safer chassis than is required for me, plus I can still experiment with different things to see if my car goes faster or slower.

This situation is a tough one. There is so much responsibility to the end decision maker. I know I would not want that job.
Even though it may not seem that way, what Bill Miller did was only help the guys in charge. If you think they just said no your idea is dumb and it is no good you are probably mistaken. I think one of the reasons for change from heat treat to normalize is because of Bill Miller's research.
Bill for sure knew the possible consequence with his new chassis design. It did not fly this time, but give it some time.

The real reason I am posting to this thread is the disturbing post by Jerrod Felix.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's be real here for a second...there really is no competition over there.

8 car fields almost no TV what's the point? If the grass were truly greener more would be over there.

Not taking anything away from the Miller gang as they do have skills!

Sad thing is we all have to drink the motherships kool-aid or die of thirst.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think if you feel like you want to insult a complete organization you should come over to their playground and do it in person. (no that is not a threat)
I will say though, you words are very disrespectful.
I think one of the reasons that Bill does not run IHRA is because the majority of the races are on the east coast.

Bobby Lagana Jr. - Proud IHRA Top Fuel Competitor.

As Miller has stated, he has exceeded the specs...... which, I guess means he is "out of spec". ( for now) !

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back