New Ford Engine Unveiled (1 Viewer)

Looks cool, but can it really be called a "Ford" if it uses the existing block design? :confused:

"It has a strengthened block for better durability and new cylinder heads developed by Ford and Force engineers. The basic design will favor areas such as the main caps register and the main webs in the block... Most of the external surface areas on the new 500-cubic-inch engine have been redesigned; a new belly pan was designed for better sealing... The engine also features Ford main bearings with actual parts numbers in the Ford performance catalog."

Limitations based on the existing rule book, Sam... Personally I am glad to see an option get Glendora's stamp of approval, even if it has to be a close cousin to the existing block design to get in the show... It's much more difficult to make a better mousetrap if you aren't allowed to put your traps into use..:D This should be an interesting motor in 3-4 seasons...

I guess NHRA abandoned their moratorium on Motor design? Or is this motor available to ALL Competitors?

I guess NHRA abandoned their moratorium on Motor design? Or is this motor available to ALL Competitors?
And another question; has NHRA ACTUALLY approved this? I had to go back & re-read it and there is no mention of official approval. Just because Ford & JFR have a plan to run it next year doesn't mean that they have been OK'd.

Or have I been sniffing too many diesel fumes? :confused:

I think I have a stiffy!

Think it'd fit between the shock towers of my car?

_MG_2401.jpg

_MG_2400.jpg

Last edited:
And another question; has NHRA ACTUALLY approved this? I had to go back & re-read it and there is no mention of official approval. Just because Ford & JFR have a plan to run it next year doesn't mean that they have been OK'd.

Just do not stop at the scale. And nobody will notice it. LOL:p

Or have I been sniffing too many diesel fumes? :confused:

you only have to worry about it if they "wave" you over to get teched, or the green light is on at the tech booth :eek: ;) :rolleyes:

Ford "Boss 500" ?

Appears that this may not be a Chrysler clone! If so, and if the parts moratorium on fuel motors is still in effect, has it been approved for competition? - :confused:

john medlen must be a ford guy , all the pics ive seen of this motor have him next to it no coil no bernie . I hope coil is still a hemi guy

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back