Need help for Video #7.... (1 Viewer)

Tim, did you find any pics of Suzie Wells, Mike Bell or Tim Capaldi?

Joe:

Thank you for the name of the final person on that list!!! I have for the past 10 years been trying to remember the man who lost his life in a T/AD at the Las Vegas Divisional Race. I was at that race, and that was the 1st time I ever witnessed a fatality on the drag strip. Tim Capaldi was the driver of that car. It's an image I'll never forget. I have not found those pics yet....As I find more and more drivers, then I am trying to search for photo's of those great people to add to the video. If you have any, I'd sure appreciate them!

Timmah!

Joe:

Thank you for the name of the final person on that list!!! I have for the past 10 years been trying to remember the man who lost his life in a T/AD at the Las Vegas Divisional Race. I was at that race, and that was the 1st time I ever witnessed a fatality on the drag strip. Tim Capaldi was the driver of that car. It's an image I'll never forget. I have not found those pics yet.
Capaldi did not die at Vegas in a TAD, he died in a blown alky hydro boat (Chowchilla, I think). Tim, another racer who perished that you might have overlooked would be the "Idaho Kid" Jett Field. He raced Alky FC in Div. 6, runner upped to Pat Austin at Pomona one year. He died in Spokane in `03 racing his jet FC.

Joe:

Thank you for the name of the final person on that list!!! I have for the past 10 years been trying to remember the man who lost his life in a T/AD at the Las Vegas Divisional Race. I was at that race, and that was the 1st time I ever witnessed a fatality on the drag strip. Tim Capaldi was the driver of that car. It's an image I'll never forget. I have not found those pics yet....As I find more and more drivers, then I am trying to search for photo's of those great people to add to the video. If you have any, I'd sure appreciate them!

Timmah!

Mike Bell was the driver that lost his life at the "Gambler Nationals" D7 event. It was one of the first drag races I attended after moving west from Kentucky, 1996 I believe at the old drag strip at Las Vegas Motorspeedway. It is an image I will also never forget and hope to never see repeated.

Mike Bell was the driver that lost his life at the "Gambler Nationals" D7 event. It was one of the first drag races I attended after moving west from Kentucky, 1996 I believe at the old drag strip at Las Vegas Motorspeedway. It is an image I will also never forget and hope to never see repeated.

THAT WAS IT!!! THANKS CHRIS...It was at the GAMBLER NATIONALS RACE at the "OLD TRACK". Thanks for the correct info! And thanks to my favorite Cory Mac Fan Chris Schoen for the info on Tim Capaldi (See ya in Vegas homie!)

Capaldi did not die at Vegas in a TAD, he died in a blown alky hydro boat (Chowchilla, I think). Tim, another racer who perished that you might have overlooked would be the "Idaho Kid" Jett Field. He raced Alky FC in Div. 6, runner upped to Pat Austin at Pomona one year. He died in Spokane in `03 racing his jet FC.

I've got him on the list..some great pics of his TAFC! I always liked watching him race! One of the best names in Drag Racing too!!

THAT WAS IT!!! THANKS CHRIS...It was at the GAMBLER NATIONALS RACE at the "OLD TRACK". Thanks for the correct info! And thanks to my favorite Cory Mac Fan Chris Schoen for the info on Tim Capaldi (See ya in Vegas homie!)

Pretty bizarre that we were both at that race 12 years ago and all these years later we are going to hang out at the race in Vegas. Better late than never I guess .... C-ya at Vegas 1 .....

Well...the video is almost finished. I can not continue with this unless I take time to thank Don Ewald from Drag Racing, Top Fuel Dragsters, Fuel Funny Cars and Drag Boats for the help with some of the pics! For those of you who have not seen this site...take the time to visit it! Some great history! And WORTH THE PRICE OF ADMISSION!

It's amazing how many drivers we have lost folks. There are 71 Drivers I do not have photo's for..!!! but, they will be mentioned in this video! Still looking for a photo of JEFF KRUG and his C/SR, Carrie NEal who drove in TAD and passed away at Sonoma, and MIKE BELL who passed in a TAD in Vegas. If anyone has these please PM me asap, so that I might add them to the video.

I should have it done by monday or tuesday! I believe Tuesday will be the anniversary of Eric's Accident...in gainesville....Well see!

Thank you to all for your help in making this happen!

Timmah

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back