Racer in need of help, (1 Viewer)

Nemo

Nitro Member
Scott Palmer (Top Fuel, Pro Mod), is a great guy, did not realize this had happened. If you're in the area, or can help out, here is the info (copied from a local board).

Guys - Keith Goolsby sent me an email requesting any help you can give to Scott Palmer - Scott's the guy that runs a Nitro fueler -his house burned down - Scotts a great guy but this is a great burden fo his family - here is Keith's email below - help in any way if you can please -

As some of you know, Scott and Ashley's house burned to the ground last week. They pretty much lost all of their clothing, furniture, pictures, videos....pretty much everything except the racecar.

Scott and Ashley are some of the nicest people I know. When I got back into racing a few years ago, I walked into his pits and ask if he knew anyone who could help us get a baseline on the 55. Without hesitation he said "I will". I think my reply was "ok, how much ?" When he said "I'll just help you (in other words -free)" I was blown away. This guy had no idea who I was - he just likes racing.

He set my fuel system up and came over after we put the car together to make sure we did everything right so I wouldn't kill myself. He went to the track with us and helped there too....all at no charge.

I know there are countless stories like that out there (feel free to share them). He has helped alot of racers and race tracks for that matter. I've never seen a guy with more friends than he has. He makes runs at ORP and MoKan for less than 1/2 of what other teams would charge just so he can put on a show for his friends. When he is at the local races he takes time to talk to everybody....young and old, rich or poor...it amazes me.

Soooooo, having said all of that, I was contacted by several of Palmers friends letting me know that they will be putting on a fundraiser to help them get back on their feet. Several business' contacted them about donating all kinds of stuff to auction off. Greg Matlock has arranged for a couple of really good bands to come in and play. Ashley and Scott will be there. It will be alot of fun. Here is the when and where:

When: Saturday February 26th
Where: Parlour 88, 1111 E Republic RD. (one block west of National) Springfield, MO
Time: 1:00pm to 4:00pm

Greg has already rounded up items from O'reilly's, Peterbuilt, John Deere, Ron's Racing Collectables, Mayse Automotive Group, and others. I'll be listing them on here up until the day of the get together.

There will be a $$$ bowl or box or hat or something if you just want to make a cash donation. Don't feel like any amount is too small. It all adds up.

When Palmer was told of this he was like "no-no we'll make it". All I can say about that is sometimes we (racers) are funny about taking help from someone but we are always willing to help someone else. If any of you have ever had a fire or a flood or something really devastating like this.....you know what I mean when I say any little bit of help is highly appreciated. Hopefully, this is a time when the racers at ORP, MoKan, Tulsa, and Wichita along with Scott and Ashley's friends will step up big.

It should be a great time and it will help a couple of our own out. Please tell everyone you know that would know Scott and Ashley. I'm hoping for an awesome turnout.

Please feel free to post this on other boards around the area.

If you cant make it but want to make a cash donation please email or PM me on the forum.

Thanks in advance

Keith Goolsby
[email protected]

Oh no, that's terrible! :(

Scott was at the Finals in Pomona last November, and I was at the ropes of his pit trying to get pictures of his car.

He saw me craning for a shot and invited me in to the pit and said I could take all the pictures I wanted, including inside the transporter, because "we're fans too" referring to himself and crew. (his crew is also great)

Great great guy. Gosh, that sucks that he lost his house.

That is horrible, I cound't imagine how devistaing it would feel to loose everything like that.........

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back