VIDEO #7..."In Celebration of Life" (1 Viewer)

Tim5636sc

Nitro Member
After a month of research, a lot of downloading...many hours of video and music editing...and a few tears, I have finally finished Video #7 From the Charlet Motorsports Vault. I hope you all enjoy it. Thank you to everyone who helped contribute to this long overdue video!

YouTube - In celebration of Life!!!

YouTube - Celebration of Life II (This one has no names on the drivers or Cars)

As always...please feel free to leave your honest comments so that I can improve!

Timmah!

Last edited:
Good Job Tim, I was a little torn by where you put the names though. They got in the way of the pictures in some cases (not all, mind you), I certainly appreciate your effort and again, good job!

Oh, and I liked the music too :)

Last edited:
Timmah, I really liked the choice of music. The transitions of photos was very nice and I felt it concentrated on the people we've lost very nicely. I thought also that the pipes at the end was a very nice touch. Overall, I feel this is really an excellent tribute. Thank you for caring enough to take the time to recognize these people. ~Ginna

Thanks for including Steve Grebeck... being a former Outlaw Mustang racer, his passing hit us as hard as Medlins' and Russels'... Good work!

WOW. I remember hearing that song on an episode of Miami Vice and thinking that was the best example ever of a song fitting a video scene. I now stand corrected. Thats been my one of my favorite driving songs for a long time. Thanks for giving me some new images to think of when I hear it.

WOW. I remember hearing that song on an episode of Miami Vice and thinking that was the best example ever of a song fitting a video scene. I now stand corrected. Thats been my one of my favorite driving songs for a long time. Thanks for giving me some new images to think of when I hear it.

Funny you mention that Tom...When I moved out to colorado in 1996, I packed up my 1991 Nissan Sentra and drove out from Oceanside, Ca. It started to rain as I left the costco parking lot, it did not stop until it turned to snow in Denver...
While driving thru Kingston, Az...my car started to get a bit Squirly and started to hydroplane. Well, I had all my CD's with me for my trip....but I only listened to (1) Song for about 2 hours...."BROTHERS IN ARMS" by Dire Straits. It kept me calm..and i was able to focus on the road...and get thru that really bad rain storm without incident. That song has always meant a lot to me personally, it was one of those songs that brought me peace and relaxation. As a matter of fact, I listen to it before I make a Pass down the track!

It just fit for this video. Thank you very much for the positive remarks and thanks for your help in making it a reality!

Tim

Time well spent Tim. I see what the other fellow said about the names being in the way of the cars. Possibly you could keep the image of the car on a little longer after the name fades out. But it's not a show stopper. The video clip at 4:52 thru 4:58 is awesome. It's a nice tribute and very classy and respectful. Godspeed to all.

Very nice work Timmah! I was tough watching the Shelly Howard part, she was a special lady...May God bless them all!

Timmah,

Thank You.
I could say so much, but I think you know where my head's at right now. Tried to watch both versions, finest half hour I've spent in a while.

d'kid
who said big boys don't cry

Another great job. Thank you. You could have done a video for each one of a few of those without trying too hard, just with the pics and video you went through. You did a great job putting everything together.

Thx everyone for the positive remarks.....Making this one was tough. There are tributes to Individual drivers, but I just wanted to do something to include everyone. I was actually debating changing the music to this video but felt that Brother's in Arms just fit. I've been wanting to do this video for a couple years, but after we lost Eric last year, and as much as that hurt me personally I felt it was about time to honor all of these brave people. When John passed away last week...it expedited this project.

Once again, thanks to everyone who helped me with this list. :cool:

Timmah!

Great job. Thanks, I appreciate the effort.

I saw Jett Field race a lot in Div.6 action. He was always there despite the fact he didn't have the big $$ hauler, etc. and always ran well on a tight budget. The reason I mentioned that is because I had forgotten about his accident. Thanks for the reminder.

Very nice job. Thanks for putting it together and including my best friend Wayne Bailey T/F #359 R.I.P. 10/14/ 01. Thanks again David Paine.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back