My NHRA on TV Fantasy (1 Viewer)

In our day an age, people are too quick to jump on someone if they step out of line. We've forced drivers to be copy and paste interviews.

How about we have a reenactment of some of Bill Doner's promotions? Like the bikini girls parachuting in, etc. That would make for some good TV!

didn't wilk say something to amanda during an indy interview last weekend? something like i'd hug ya', but i don't think that would go over very well ...... or something like that.
i laughed. thought tim's comment was humorous and refreshing.

In our day an age, people are too quick to jump on someone if they step out of line. We've forced drivers to be copy and paste interviews.

Some drivers know how to say what they think without being obnoxious or offensive.

didn't wilk say something to amanda during an indy interview last weekend? something like i'd hug ya', but i don't think that would go over very well ...... or something like that.
i laughed. thought tim's comment was humorous and refreshing.
Tim had a couple of honest replies over the weekend. He gave a shoutout to NAPA on stage to the Pep Boys Callout.

theres also the fact that most drivers have incentive clauses in their contracts that reward them seperately (meaning in addition to the established marketing spend for the year) for tagging their sponsor in interviews, many with bonuses for multiple tags in the same interview...i.e.. if a driver says ACME tools once in an interview it could be say a 2500 spiff...second is plus 3k and third is another 5k...theres a reason these guys and gals spew "corporate nonesense"...Id do the same thing if the opportunity presented itself...just my .02
I could be wrong but I find this extremely hard to believe. You used the word "fact" how do you know this to be a fact? Not being confrontational, this just seems like something from Talladaga Nights.

Perhaps outside of the confines of a national event (i.e. a store display or newscast) sure I get it. But it makes zero sense within a national event.

I could be wrong but I find this extremely hard to believe. You used the word "fact" how do you know this to be a fact? Not being confrontational, this just seems like something from Talladaga Nights.

Perhaps outside of the confines of a national event (i.e. a store display or newscast) sure I get it. But it makes zero sense within a national event.

Mentioning a sponsor's name among a list of names in a 30-second interview has no effect on the sponsorship at all. There are many things a sponsor looks at when evaluating a program. Mention sin a TV interview are way down the list. Unfortunately, too many in drag racing think it does matter while they ignore what sponsors really care about.

Maybe if the guys/girls who run their cars out of their weekly paycheck were interviewed you might get better content. Alex Miladinovich's first TV interview was epic. Professional Motorsports are more sponsor activation than human drama.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back