My NHRA on TV Fantasy (1 Viewer)

Jim

Nitro Member
Just once, I want to see a driver interview on TV in which the driver says something informative or meaningful instead of spouting cliched answers followed by a recitation of sponsors.

unfortunately those type of interviews are a necessary evil, for two reasons. Apparently the rule of thumb in marketing is when given the opportunity u mention the sponsor name often as much as possible despite it sounding tired and ad nauseum. The second reason is, whenever u do go off script or speak your mind, u run the risk of saying something, u consider as innocent and yet it's taken out of context and considered politically incorrect. I'm surprised PeP Boys hasn't been force to change their name to PeP People :p

unfortunately those type of interviews are a necessary evil, for two reasons. Apparently the rule of thumb in marketing is when given the opportunity u mention the sponsor name often as much as possible despite it sounding tired and ad nauseum. The second reason is, whenever u do go off script or speak your mind, u run the risk of saying something, u consider as innocent and yet it's taken out of context and considered politically incorrect. I'm surprised PeP Boys hasn't been force to change their name to PeP People :p

Having been on the sponsor side, sponsors don't give one damn if you mention their name in a long list of sponsor names during an interview.

It is also possible to go off script and talk about your latest pass, your car, etc. without saying something controversial.

Vapid interviews are not a necessary evil.

Good interviews also require good questions. Asking vague questions like ‘what does this race mean to you’ won’t get a good answer from drivers.
That’s a running joke in our house. Sooo, what color is your hat? So, did your car go fast? So, did you have bacon for breakfast? We make up pointless questions for every top end interview. It’s actually a lot of laughs 😂

That’s a running joke in our house. Sooo, what color is your hat? So, did your car go fast? So, did you have bacon for breakfast? We make up pointless questions for every top end interview. It’s actually a lot of laughs 😂

"So you won round two. What's your goal for round three?"

Yeah …. Her interviews are like formula out of a broadcaster manual. Not quite as bad as Joe or Jason doing crew chief interviews.
Joe: You ran a .71.. how’d you do it?
or
Jason: You ran A .69. What‘ll be low for the round?

At this point, the crew chief rolls his eyes and says we ran ok, we’ll go back and look at it. 😂

We‘re all critics today in the rain. 😀

theres also the fact that most drivers have incentive clauses in their contracts that reward them seperately (meaning in addition to the established marketing spend for the year) for tagging their sponsor in interviews, many with bonuses for multiple tags in the same interview...i.e.. if a driver says ACME tools once in an interview it could be say a 2500 spiff...second is plus 3k and third is another 5k...theres a reason these guys and gals spew "corporate nonesense"...Id do the same thing if the opportunity presented itself...just my .02

I'm going to be cynical here but anytime a driver does show emotion and says something along the lines of "Yeah he was jacking around on the lights" or "(x) driver is a jerk and I am glad to beat him/her" we all jump on here and social media and call that driver an ******* or crybaby. Look what happened when Torrence snapped back at Amanda a few weeks ago. It is not just with NHRA but any form of motorsports. It could be one of the reasons Kyle Busch is having trouble finding a sponsor over on the NASCAR side.

As far as Amanda's interviews she does seem to always repeat the "How does it feel or where does this rank" to every driver. She has the knowledge and rapport with the drivers I feel like she could ask more and in depth questions but maybe that voice in her ear (producers) tell her not to.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back