Message to David Powers (1 Viewer)

Baca's my fav..........

He needs a ride.

I was talking to a guy that we do business with who also happens to work on Heads car, and he said that Powers was telling him at Pomona that he was thinking about doing a funny car.
Just another off season "rumor"

First, Congrats to you and your team and Hot Rod for being the real TF champion.

Justin, do we need to go down this road again? Your opinion on who the real champ is meaningless because the Justin League TF Champ is not official. By you making statements such as this you are putting down the teams who played by the rules like Schumacher's team. The 2007 Powerade TF Champ will always read Tony Schumacher, get use to it!

Yeah, what Paul said. I hope we don't have to go through a year of "the real champ" crap!:(

I spoke to Rod on Monday, expectedly he is bummed about not getting the championship, but acknowledged that Tony and the Army team did what they had to do to win it, and they did not. The Army team played by the rules and when it counted the most they were dead on. That's the way it goes.

I would like to congratulate Rod, Rob Flynn and the rest of the team on a great year.

Last edited:
While I would like to see Baca back as well..I think it could be a big possibility if DP ran a 3rd car...I mean, Kevin Poynter is available again?? Won't Antron get Lee Beard?

There was one point in the article that kind of doesn't make sense though.."Bottom line is if we don’t get the points up, if we don’t make this thing attractive TV isn’t going to do what we need to have done.”

It's kind of hard when the network that is suppose to be showing the races opts for giving NHRA late night spots and/or pre-empts racing for any reason sports or non sports related. Just my $0.02 though....

T :D

Rod and team.You guys had a awesome year.I know your bummed about the championship.You don't have any reason to hang your heads.You guys rock:cool:

While I would like to see Baca back as well..I think it could be a big possibility if DP ran a 3rd car...I mean, Kevin Poynter is available again?? Won't Antron get Lee Beard?

There was one point in the article that kind of doesn't make sense though.."Bottom line is if we don’t get the points up, if we don’t make this thing attractive TV isn’t going to do what we need to have done.”

It's kind of hard when the network that is suppose to be showing the races opts for giving NHRA late night spots and/or pre-empts racing for any reason sports or non sports related. Just my $0.02 though....

T :D

KP and Baca together again would be fabulous, Baca was even KPs best man at his wedding

I'd love to see Baca back for the full go around. He is local to my area, giving us a hometown guy to root for.

Justin, do we need to go down this road again? Your opinion on who the real champ is meaningless because the Justin League TF Champ is not official. By you making statements such as this you are putting down the teams who played by the rules like Schumacher's team. The 2007 Powerade TF Champ will always read Tony Schumacher, get use to it!

wrong paul! tony is NOT the champ. 12 1st rd losses, we know hes your fav but sorry rod is the REAL champ so is robert hight and greg anderson, tony , tony p and jeggie would all have been 3rd. its a farce ill bet anything even they know thier lucky! rod fuller robert hight greg anderson the real champs get used to it!!!!!!!

almost forgot- paul and all team shumacher fans- we race 23 races not 3. sorry but you know who the real champs are. its just like the red sox next year winning 110 games and the devil rays win 80. the last week of the season all the wins are erased, that week boston goes 2-4 and the devil rays go -4-2 they are in and boston is out. is that right? no. same thing with this farce of a countdown. we race TWENTY THREE not THREE!

I obviously don't post often but....................... ENOUGH! Against it or for it, put it to rest. There are so many good things and good people in Drag Racing to discuss and debate that we all should move on. It's nice that some teams had very good win/loss records this year and it's also nice that 4 professional teams are NHRA Champions under the legal scoring for 2007. Heck, I'm thankful that all the teams were out there this year even if they had a losing record. At least they were out there doing what they enjoy so much. Good for all of them. I challenge all of you Maters to hijack any threads that turn negative and put a positive spin on them. This is by far the best message board that I frequent but it sure seems to be turning into a B**** session all too often. Ok, venting, but you people are better than that. David Powers had a very good year and hopefully David Baca will be driving for him in 2008 in an additional TF car.

Me also Jay! Can 'The Beard' still get in and out of a racecar at my age...I know I couldn't!:D;)

...By you making statements such as this you are putting down the teams who played by the rules like Schumacher's team...

and

... The Army team played by the rules and when it counted the most they were dead on. That's the way it goes...

You guys keep talking about "The Rules"... Exactly WHAT are those rules?? They seem to be the basis on your entire arguement as to why the Coundown awarded the most deserving team the Championship, and I don't have anything against Team Schu, but come on, are the "rules" you are harping about basically that you can SUCK for MOST of the season (12x first rd. flops) and still walk away with the highest award that our sport offers? :confused:

Rules definition please....

wrong paul! tony is NOT the champ. 12 1st rd losses, we know hes your fav but sorry rod is the REAL champ so is robert hight and greg anderson, tony , tony p and jeggie would all have been 3rd. its a farce ill bet anything even they know thier lucky! rod fuller robert hight greg anderson the real champs get used to it!!!!!!!

Jeff,

Rather then bore people with this debate, please refer to my post to you the other day. The funniest thing is that your real champs will never be recognized, HA HA HA HA HA. Also, where do you get Tony is my favorite? Trust me, I was hoping he would have been beaten in the semi-finals.

http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/11429-congrats-2008-powerade-champs.html#post106514

and

You guys keep talking about "The Rules"... Exactly WHAT are those rules?? They seem to be the basis on your entire arguement as to why the Coundown awarded the most deserving team the Championship, and I don't have anything against Team Schu, but come on, are the "rules" you are harping about basically that you can SUCK for MOST of the season (12x first rd. flops) and still walk away with the highest award that our sport offers? :confused:

Rules definition please....

Here are the rules that determined the Champs this year. All teams knew about it since Indy in 06.

NHRA - Countdown to the Championship - What is the Countdown?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back