Masks (1 Viewer)

And what if you didn't? Would they kick you out? That just goes to illustrate the stupidity of the whole thing. It is arbitrary and unenforceable, and infantilizes grown men. It is a shame watching people who actually understand accepting risk, and strap into 330 mph machines, forced to act like this, of all things, poses any meaningful risk. It's pathetic PC posturing on the part of NHRA, and no one should stand for it.

Yes, it was made perfectly clear that if you didnt wear masks in your pits while working on your car, then you would not be able to compete in the race. It's NHRA's playground and rules, so you might as well abide by them. All the teams had to plus the spectators. If that's what you have to do, there is no use complaining about it. You can just stay home if you don't want to wear one, thats your choice

Apparently none of the major motorsports series around the world agree with your expert opinion! NASCAR, INDYCAR, F1, and many more are smart enough to wear masks and, as best they can, Social Distancing!
Lol,they are just doing it because they are told so or no racing.

Lol,they are just doing it because they are told so or no racing.
How dare them do what their suppose to do for the safety of everyone involved and so they can keep racing... Those rat bastards should be punished and taught a lesson that you should never do what's right.:rolleyes:

How dare them do what their suppose to do for the safety of everyone involved and so they can keep racing... Those rat bastards should be punished and taught a lesson that you should never do what's right.:rolleyes:
Lol,how dare they show it every 5 sec kn fox too lmao

Lol,how dare they show it every 5 sec kn fox too lmao
Didn't bother me any. I was just happy to be sitting in a nice cool room watching some racing while working on my slot cars. Fire the next pair.

You had to wear a mask from the time you entered the track until the time you left. And that included while you were outisde and working on your car in the pits
Yes, state mandate from Indiana CDC. In order to put the event on, everyone from NHRA to the teams are required to mask up for the 2 weeks while at the track, even when we are there doing track work etc. during the week. It's just what has to be done for now.

Yes, state mandate from Indiana CDC. In order to put the event on, everyone from NHRA to the teams are required to mask up for the 2 weeks while at the track, even when we are there doing track work etc. during the week. It's just what has to be done for now.
When did you work? You were busy texting me pictures from your big tractor. :D

Well this is the problem- the blind acceptance that the government has the right to "allow" you to do these things. That is so blatantly wrong, and needs to be resisted at every turn. Call their bluff and don't make it easy on them. If they are going to be tyrants at least make it painful for them to do so, and use the NHRAs platform to turn your fanbase against them, so we can get some pressure to end this nonsense.

I flew to Indy from California. Wore mask on the plane and at the races both days. Really not a big deal. My feeling was it might help protect me or someone else and also be a reminder to me to do other safe things like distancing, sanitizing, etc. Many people in the stands didn't wear their masks. Luckily there was a lot of room so I could just sit away from them. I am as conservative as probably just about any in this room but I just don't see the big deal in wearing a mask. Enjoyed the weekend but not staying/going back next weekend since no Pro Stock. Will be interesting to see what happens after next weekend.

I flew to Indy from California. Wore mask on the plane and at the races both days. Really not a big deal. My feeling was it might help protect me or someone else and also be a reminder to me to do other safe things like distancing, sanitizing, etc. Many people in the stands didn't wear their masks. Luckily there was a lot of room so I could just sit away from them. I am as conservative as probably just about any in this room but I just don't see the big deal in wearing a mask. Enjoyed the weekend but not staying/going back next weekend since no Pro Stock. Will be interesting to see what happens after next weekend.
I sure hope you wasn't on the same plane with that rowdy Bob Bode clutch guy Robert Shear, Kevin Pointer and Alex Miladinoviches crew,, and Alexis Dejoria. They text me a group pic from the plane last night and it didn't look like anyone was sleeping.:)

It was stupid and overblown. The starting line workers wearing masks and the microphones on poles stuck in the drivers faces was idiotic. I was embarrassed for all of them
Nascar is doing the same thing.

Yes, it was made perfectly clear that if you didnt wear masks in your pits while working on your car, then you would not be able to compete in the race. It's NHRA's playground and rules, so you might as well abide by them. All the teams had to plus the spectators. If that's what you have to do, there is no use complaining about it. You can just stay home if you don't want to wear one, thats your choice

Guess FOX shouldn't have showed Torrence's crew member working in the pits without a mask after the first round. Wonder if they will fined?

Is the Asian Buffet, Pit Stop, or the Italian place still open and can you go in and eat?
Don't know. It's been a sack of food at the end of the night kinda week! Or just some good ol' ice water...

Wearing a mask in this heat and humidity all day doesn't make the tasks any easier. I can't imagine servicing a race car like this. But this is where we are at at this point in the pandemic. It may be different in other states; it may not. A national event has lots of government regs to adhere to in a non-covid environment [OSHA, EPA, fire marshals, local governments to name a few] and this to me is just a temporary addition to this. I thought many times in the last 9 days about how easy things were before this pandemic. There are many things I'd do on a normal day before that are non existant, different, more difficult or just plain strange. But it has all been worth it- overall last week was fun, even with its challenges.

My local tractor show and flea market was supposed to be this weekend, and again in October. Now it's cancelled and we look to the one in the fall. It's a small event, but PA has threatened every show including Hershey AACA to close. Only Carlisle thumbed their nose at the gov and they had a lawsuit filed against them, but it went on as planned. I feel that this tractor show would be safer than being in Home Depot or under a tent in an outdoor restaurant if everyone just wore their masks and spaced out a little.....but the heavy handed gov just scares these small venues with threats of lawsuits.
Update: the Carlisle group must have had some tough lawyers....

I sure hope you wasn't on the same plane with that rowdy Bob Bode clutch guy Robert Shear, Kevin Pointer and Alex Miladinoviches crew,, and Alexis Dejoria. They text me a group pic from the plane last night and it didn't look like anyone was sleeping.:)
No, I missed that party. Flew home today.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back