Masks (1 Viewer)

How about Shawn Langdon's mask! Nearly covered his entire face. He also did not seem very happy during his interviews Saturday or Sunday

I agree. He did not seem himself. Probably none of our business on his mood but he does have a job and part of that job is giving good interviews.

How do “they” know all these people are dying directy from the rona? Did they autopsy all 130+ thousand?

How do “they” know all these people are dying directy from the rona? Did they autopsy all 130+ thousand?

Refrigerator semi trailers are starting to show up in areas other than NY and NJ.....is that usual? Do the hospitals need them during regular flu season?

This whole Covid19 is mostly bulls--t. According to OSHA, the minimum oxygen in breathable air is 20%. With those STUPID MASKS ON YOU ARE AT 17% OR LOWER! They cannot stop the tiny phony "VIRUS"
so what is the deal requiring them? It's all a SCAM! I saw a memo from my neighbor who is a doctor telling all who sign death certificates to list the death as COVID 19 as the cause. I actually saw the memo and it is on the internet too! Everyone that is tested is positive no matter what. This is a giant scam so flame away, I will NEVER take a "vaccine" for this man made virus! In fact is you are thinking of getting ANY vaccine, ask for the insert in the vial. After you see what is in that "vaccine" if you have any brains you won't get it!

Where to start here? Your first claim is going to need a source, because it is outlandish in regards to the oxygen content. While you may have a slightly reduced oxygen content in your blood (in the order of 1% change), it will not be enough to make a difference to your bodily functions.

Secondly, please post a source for the memo. ”It’s in the internet!” is not a good source.

Finally the fact you state you will never take any vaccine makes it clear you are not interested in science at all, so why am I bothering? :)

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

For anyone interested, this page lists mortality numbers for the past few months. It includes the overall number of people who have died from all causes. So if you think it’s all a hoax and doctors are faking death certificates etc, I hope you’re working on finding out what killed all those extra people!
What is interesting to note is the mortality rate has been under the expected number the last few weeks, from all deaths. So perhaps, even though it is morbid to say, COVID played a role in the mortality of some folks on their last legs.
That said, I expect it to climb again shortly with this second wave. I don’t know if it is just Tampa, or even just my local area, but people seem to be making an effort to wear masks indoors at most places now.

My local tractor show and flea market was supposed to be this weekend, and again in October. Now it's cancelled and we look to the one in the fall. It's a small event, but PA has threatened every show including Hershey AACA to close. Only Carlisle thumbed their nose at the gov and they had a lawsuit filed against them, but it went on as planned. I feel that this tractor show would be safer than being in Home Depot or under a tent in an outdoor restaurant if everyone just wore their masks and spaced out a little.....but the heavy handed gov just scares these small venues with threats of lawsuits.
Update: the Carlisle group must have had some tough lawyers....

Same thing is going on across the river from me in Michigan. The off road races in Bark River had to call it this week. It's another situation where most people in the immediately affected area couldn't care less and want it to go on- they tried really hard to figure something out. I don't imagine local law enforcement would have bothered anyone (most sheriffs have said, on the record or not, that they don't plan on bothering anyone about mask orders or anything else having to do with this). But Whitmer throws a fit and won't accept the fact that maybe if the people you are supposed to be "protecting" don't care about it or want it, then it's a bad law. She won't do the sensical thing and just look the other way and choose a more worthwhile battle than a few thousand people in the isolated hinterlands of the upper peninsula. No, she threatens to use everything in her power (permits, liquor licenses, etc.) to destroy them if the proles dare carry on without her blessing. It's crazy, and it's more than a little disturbing that people just shrug their shoulders and say "eh, what can you do?"

Meanwhile, the same series will be having an event an hour or so away in WI next weekend, almost certainly without a mask in sight. And definitely no room for antisocial distancing- probably less than there would have been otherwise since a bunch of the crowd that would have gone to Bark River a couple weeks later will probably decide to come here instead. Then go back to their homes in MI. So... it's almost like free people are going to find a way to do what they want to do no matter how much their "leaders" whine and lecture and wag their fingers at them.

Well I'm watching Sports Nationals this Friday Morning and no one is wearing a mask but maybe 1 or 2 people at starting line. Ohio must have a different outlook on Covid-19.

And because of people thinking like you is why FL is now the hotspot for positive COVID cases and why this pandemic will either continue for years or until we have a vaccine. :mad: This isn't the flu. A 41 year old woman down here got it and she was asymptomatic until it caused a blood clot which gave her a fatal heart attack, leaving behind a 13 year old without a mom.

My father is one year removed from having his own issues and bypass surgery. He's one of the people in the "high risk" camp. It sucks that some people are only thinking of themselves and not others.

A pandemic will always continue until it burns itself out or there is a vaccine. Whether the former takes "years" is dependent upon behavior. If people are scared and hide in their houses and do all kinds of other crap to "slow the spread," then heck yeah- it's like ripping off a bandage slowly. If we just get on with it, accept that most people are going to get it and whatever happens, happens, we won't have to deal with it being a big problem for years. It would have been pretty well gone from the public consciousness by now.

A vaccine could change things, sure. But the "experts" keep saying not to hold your breath for that, so why should we alter our lifestyles in order to buy time for something that might take years to happen, if it ever does?

There are two possible outcomes: an effective vaccine, or the virus spreads, and a combination of weakening mutations and widespread immunity renders it essentially irrelevant. That's it. There is not a scenario where you can just "starve" it out with your masks and distancing. With that approach, and considering how contagious this seems to be, as long as the virus survives anywhere at all in the world it can and will resurface and you're starting all over in February again.

I've been wondering the same thing. Is part of the reason that we're seeing an increase in cases due to increased testing, or is the virus that contagious? I don't know who to believe anymore.
Nationally, while we have seen the big increase in positive cases, how does the death rate compare? Is the death rate increasing at the same rate as the number of positive cases?
The county I live in had its first confirmed positive case in mid-March. The first death occurred the first week of April. Since the beginning of July, we have seen a big jump in the number of positive cases. We're now at 137. But, the last death (#4) occurred mid-April.

No, deaths are not keeping pace, even accounting for lag. I monitor this on a daily basis. The attached chart has the 7 day rolling average for new cases plotted along with the 7 day rolling average for new deaths backdated 14 days. That is to say the 7 day rolling average of deaths today, the 17th, will be plotted with the 7 day rolling average of cases on the 3rd. So if we assume it takes 14 days to die after diagnosis, this is showing how many died of cases diagnosed on a given day. Is 14 days the right number? It's kind of subjective, but if you look at the historical data it seems pretty close. Until mid-June, the correlation between the curves was pretty decent. Now, the deaths have had a minor increase (which has to happen at some point when the population of cases increases as it has), but do not show signs of following the dramatic upward trend in cases. Keep in mind also that these datasets have two entirely different scales- if plotted on the same y scale, the deaths curve would appear to be nearly flat, since it is so greatly dwarfed by the cases. Even though early on it looks like a significant majority of cases died, that's not close to being true- the scale for cases is 10x that of deaths.

Of course, we are being told now that it is backwards and unscientific to look at deaths- we obviously need to worry about "spiking" cases. Because... reasons I guess. Which is odd, I could have sworn the panic we were sold early on, the reason our lives had to go on hold, was deaths and hospitalizations. Cases only mattered to the point they led to major increases in those things, which they do to a much lesser degree now than ever before. But I guess I am just not smart enough to understand why when "experts" say one thing, they clearly mean this other completely different thing. "We have always been at war with Eastasia," am I right?

Attachments

• US Cases vs Deaths- 14 Day Lag.jpg
    US Cases vs Deaths- 14 Day Lag.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 8
How about some good news about the Virus. Dr.Fauci's colleagues at the National Institute of Health and Modena Inc have created a vaccine with outstanding results so far. The final level of testing will begin on July 27 with 30,000 patients. The last test was 100% effective on test patients. The NIH has been workingi with Modera Inc which is one of the 10 companies the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation donated $200M to to support developing a vaccine. NIS & Modena received $20M. There are 4 other companies that got support from the Gates Foundation that have vaccines that are in early tests also.
If the NIH/MODENA vaccine passes the final stage of testing it could be in production by November.
Lot's of people just don't understand how significant this news is as they would prefer to be doubters and trust the media who routinely state it is impossible to be done in less than 18-24 months. Couple of things here ...
  1. It's MODERNA
  2. Production is already underway. MODERNA is assuming all significant producer's risk as they are solely focused on the big picture of success for society. So ... besides themselves, MODERNA has contract manufacturers (CMOs) also producing (or ramping up to produce) vaccine doses in volume. The ONLY logical way to get a vaccine out there quicker than the skeptics believe and in an ample initial supply is to shorten the supply chain. Otherwise it would be at least another year or longer. MODERNA has procured raw materials and appropriate warehousing/storage for packaged doses. The obvious big risk is lack of final approval and they incur a huge $$ loss. But they appear willing to accept that in order to be part of a global solution to this mess. As for the upside, they simply remain in production and inventory levels grow for distribution so after FDA approval they can deliver in months, not years.
This is a big Pharma success story in the making with regards to human kind and the potential resumption of life as we KNEW it.

Go to their website or read about this in any reputable industry publication.

A vaccine could change things, sure. But the "experts" keep saying not to hold your breath for that, so why should we alter our lifestyles in order to buy time for something that might take years to happen, if it ever does?

Why alter your lifestyle? So you don't get sick, don't infect others, and don't die.

But they appear willing to accept that in order to be part of a global solution to this mess. As for the upside, they simply remain in production and inventory levels grow for distribution so after FDA approval they can deliver in months, not years.

Moderna is not taking any financial risk in producing doses before approval. The US government is paying for that.

Even if it does get approved, there will be no data on how long it lasts and any long-term side effects. That's what takes years to do. I think that is a risk many people will be willing to take.

Why alter your lifestyle? So you don't get sick, don't infect others, and don't die.

You're missing the point. In the long run, altering your lifestyle will make no difference. You might delay yourself or someone else getting sick or dying to some degree, but for the most part it's going to happen absent a vaccine. As much as you want to be Ralph Wiggum and say "I'm helping!," the fact is your actions will have little long term benefit, while significantly degrading quality of life in the short term.

The only thing that changes the calculus is a vaccine. If we knew for example, that a vaccine would be available in a relatively short timeframe (like a month), ok. At least you have a reasonable endgame there. If pro-maskers would at least frame it in those terms there would be an opportunity for legitimate discussion. As some other posts have alluded to, there might be something cooking in that regard. You tell me "hey, if this vaccine works, we're pretty sure we will know and start production within the next 60 days- could you wear a mask for that long?," I might be willing to consider it. But the idea that we should take these precautions until a vaccine is developed no matter what, even if it's years, is insane and unreasonable. As is the idea that the precautions in and of themselves can stop the virus- they can not and will not. The ONLY value in masks, distancing, and the like is to buy time, but there has to be some indication that there is something out there worth buying time for, and not just postponing the inevitable.

One of the things that needs to happen to get the country back to some normalcy is getting the kids back to school. Since they have done teleconferencing on an individual basis, why not flip it and have a younger teacher’s aide sit in the classrooms for assistance while any teacher who is older or susceptible stays home and teaches the whole class by computer?

You're missing the point. In the long run, altering your lifestyle will make no difference. You might delay yourself or someone else getting sick or dying to some degree, but for the most part it's going to happen absent a vaccine. As much as you want to be Ralph Wiggum and say "I'm helping!," the fact is your actions will have little long term benefit, while significantly degrading quality of life in the short term.

The only thing that changes the calculus is a vaccine. If we knew for example, that a vaccine would be available in a relatively short timeframe (like a month), ok. At least you have a reasonable endgame there. If pro-maskers would at least frame it in those terms there would be an opportunity for legitimate discussion. As some other posts have alluded to, there might be something cooking in that regard. You tell me "hey, if this vaccine works, we're pretty sure we will know and start production within the next 60 days- could you wear a mask for that long?," I might be willing to consider it. But the idea that we should take these precautions until a vaccine is developed no matter what, even if it's years, is insane and unreasonable. As is the idea that the precautions in and of themselves can stop the virus- they can not and will not. The ONLY value in masks, distancing, and the like is to buy time, but there has to be some indication that there is something out there worth buying time for, and not just postponing the inevitable.
If wearing a mask helps keep someone from getting the virus and dying then I don't have a problem wearing it until a vaccine is ready. That is a small price for me to pay if there is even the slimmest chance it will help. I don't see it significantly degrading life as you say. We have to wear masks when we are racing slot cars but that has not been any problem. I have won 3 races in the past 2 weeks while wearing a mask and the competition was just as tough as it was when we didn't wear them. I have gotten so use to wearing it that I have forgotten I had it on and started to take a drink of water on more than one occasion. The only thing I really see that is a negative is that no one can see my enchanting smile during the photo shoot in the winners circle. But, that is a small price they will have to pay.:D

If wearing a mask helps keep someone from getting the virus and dying then I don't have a problem wearing it until a vaccine is ready. That is a small price for me to pay if there is even the slimmest chance it will help. I don't see it significantly degrading life as you say. We have to wear masks when we are racing slot cars but that has not been any problem. I have won 3 races in the past 2 weeks while wearing a mask and the competition was just as tough as it was when we didn't wear them. I have gotten so use to wearing it that I have forgotten I had it on and started to take a drink of water on more than one occasion. The only thing I really see that is a negative is that no one can see my enchanting smile during the photo shoot in the winners circle. But, that is a small price they will have to pay.:D

Fair enough- I'm certainly not going to beat on someone for having that attitude. I honestly wish I could just let it go and go along better than I do. I'm not too worried about the covid getting me, but getting through this without giving myself an aneurysm is another story...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back