Masks (1 Viewer)

My local tractor show and flea market was supposed to be this weekend, and again in October. Now it's cancelled and we look to the one in the fall. It's a small event, but PA has threatened every show including Hershey AACA to close. Only Carlisle thumbed their nose at the gov and they had a lawsuit filed against them, but it went on as planned. I feel that this tractor show would be safer than being in Home Depot or under a tent in an outdoor restaurant if everyone just wore their masks and spaced out a little.....but the heavy handed gov just scares these small venues with threats of lawsuits.
Update: the Carlisle group must have had some tough lawyers....
Can you see that from the 76 toll road? I use to pass a large car show / flee market close to Carlisle every year on the way to Maple Grove.

I think something few people here take into account is how important it probably is for the NHRA to be seen to be proactive in stopping the spread as they head to different states and counties all with different rules.
In some counties NHRA events would be the biggest event of the year. The chances of those events going ahead will be a lot better if the NHRA can prove now, in the relative regulatory safety of Indy, that they are taking measures to protect crowds.
If they are seen as responsible and forward thinking, it smoothes the way for the rest of the season to be able to be run. Looking like they don’t care would make things much tougher.
I think they deserve way more credit than they are getting for this.

Can you see that from the 76 toll road? I use to pass a large car show / flee market close to Carlisle every year on the way to Maple Grove.

Yes sir!

carlisle.png

Well this is the problem- the blind acceptance that the government has the right to "allow" you to do these things. That is so blatantly wrong, and needs to be resisted at every turn. Call their bluff and don't make it easy on them. If they are going to be tyrants at least make it painful for them to do so, and use the NHRAs platform to turn your fanbase against them, so we can get some pressure to end this nonsense.

And because of people thinking like you is why FL is now the hotspot for positive COVID cases and why this pandemic will either continue for years or until we have a vaccine. :mad: This isn't the flu. A 41 year old woman down here got it and she was asymptomatic until it caused a blood clot which gave her a fatal heart attack, leaving behind a 13 year old without a mom.

My father is one year removed from having his own issues and bypass surgery. He's one of the people in the "high risk" camp. It sucks that some people are only thinking of themselves and not others.

A year ago, that might have been really funny. This year, not so much. But, it still made me chuckle.
Why in the world did NHRA look to China to make the masks?
I sure wish I noticed that before I placed my order. I never would bought them.

If I was able to disgust someone and still bring a chuckle while doing that, then my day was a productive one ;)

Now, back to my baby elephant BBQ site.......

And because of people thinking like you is why FL is now the hotspot for positive COVID cases and why this pandemic will either continue for years or until we have a vaccine. :mad: This isn't the flu. A 41 year old woman down here got it and she was asymptomatic until it caused a blood clot which gave her a fatal heart attack, leaving behind a 13 year old without a mom.

My father is one year removed from having his own issues and bypass surgery. He's one of the people in the "high risk" camp. It sucks that some people are only thinking of themselves and not others.

Allow me to give you another perspective of a "hot spot", Sam.....

As I posted in another thread on this site, I live about 70 miles straight north of Lucas Oil Raceway, and our local Tyson meat packing facility had a spike in cases that not only shot us to the top of the heap per-capita in the state of Indiana, but put us on the map nationally. Mayor of our little town was on several national news networks and the whole bit. And during that peak time of positive cases, the following happened, or I should say, DIDN'T happen:

1. After the entire hospital was put on call, not a single nurse was ever called in...….EVER.

2. The COVID unit, which houses 11, was never more than half full. This was after the percentages suggested that the COVID unit alone would have to deal with 200+.

3. After fielding numerous calls from surrounding hospitals offering to take the overflow that was obviously going to happen, not a single patient had to be transferred.

4. Multiple employees that work at the facility that tested positive during a mass test were miraculously released to return to work the following week, less than 5 days after testing positive. This is right smack-dab in the middle of the 14-day quarantine nonsense that was rammed down all of our throats.

5. I VERIFIED that the concern of the numbers being cooked for financial gain at the hospital(s) was, in fact true. So the numbers you see reported on a daily basis may not be complete bullshit, but make no mistake, there's a percentage of those numbers that are just that...…..bullshit.

Sam, all of these instances I mention above are FACT. I didn't get them from reading a half-dozen facebook memes, and I damn sure didn't get them from any number of the news outlets that prove on a daily basis to falsely report. This is real world stuff, folks. This is going down right here in my home town. A home town that isn't a single stoplight, 500-person 'burgh that had a handful of cases, but one that made national news. Yet nothing, and I mean NOTHING happened that they said was going to happen.

My Mother is an "at-risk" patient also. I quote that because people that are at-risk for this are the same people that should be taking precautions anyway from all the other viruses that jeopardize them, which was verified by an instance with my Mother back in March when all hell broke loose around here. She had to be hospitalized out of nowhere, and of course everybody around was saying she had it. She ended up testing positive alright...……….for influenza B.

We've got to start using our collective heads, folks. As I've stated before, I could care less who is in the White House. I simply have a better understanding of government than to worry about that particular office. But Ronnie Milsap can see that we are living in a time where the POTUS is among the most, if not THE most hated people to have ever held that office (by the opposing party, at least....). So you see, when I listen to all this stuff going on, KNOWING what I know, it's a tough pill to swallow. For most folks, the news outlets are all they have so I can understand to a point why the fear is there. But I have a frontline view of the reality of this. Does that mean I'm saying the virus isn't real? Of course not. I know there are a group of folks that have had it, had a real tough time with it and in some cases died from complications of it. But to get to a point where we have to shut everything down? Sorry, man, but you just can't get there if you're using factual information, especially if you reference what I point out above with #5 because you'll never know what the ACTUAL numbers are. None of this takes into account the issue of identified symptoms. How many times have they added to that list since this mess started? A dozen or more? If you add enough possible symptoms, you'll cover virtually every single ailment there is. C'mon, folks. We need to start looking at ALL of it.

Sean D

Are the same safety guidelines for race teams and fans, that were being used at the Indy national, also being used for divisional and regional races

A certain element of people and other governments are collectively and individually doing everything possible to distort facts, hurt the economy or overstate the strength of the economy, make the general population concerned and or discredit the truth in the hopes of altering America for their own reasons which include control, profit, politics and power. Not saying that the Corina virus isn't a major problem and we shouldn't take every precaution possible. If you don't believe this you should talk to Todd Smith. However we all need to go into this with our eyes open and realize that most information distributed by all media outlets be they liberal or conservative is distorted to reflect what they want. THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A POLITICAL STATMENT.

How about Shawn Langdon's mask! Nearly covered his entire face. He also did not seem very happy during his interviews Saturday or Sunday
He never does, except maybe a bit of spring in his step if he wins the race. I just figure he's a rather to-himself racer when it comes to the public and like some others he'd really would rather not bother with interviews at all. Kind of like John Force. LOL

Don't know. It's been a sack of food at the end of the night kinda week! Or just some good ol' ice water...

Wearing a mask in this heat and humidity all day doesn't make the tasks any easier. I can't imagine servicing a race car like this. But this is where we are at at this point in the pandemic. It may be different in other states; it may not. A national event has lots of government regs to adhere to in a non-covid environment [OSHA, EPA, fire marshals, local governments to name a few] and this to me is just a temporary addition to this. I thought many times in the last 9 days about how easy things were before this pandemic. There are many things I'd do on a normal day before that are non existant, different, more difficult or just plain strange. But it has all been worth it- overall last week was fun, even with its challenges.
I took whole family to Lakeside Speedway for evening of dirt track racing they required you wear mask when you come through gate after that your choice , by end of night my eyes and ears felt like I had been attacked my mud dobbers but nose and mouth was fine.

Ok now there is a mainstream local news affiliate down in FL reporting on what the labs are doing.

Either this virus is great at spreading or there’s shenanigans going on here. I can see if it’s one lab but when there is several doing the same thing something is fishy here.
I said it before and I'll say it again, "Don't believe everything you hear and only half of what you see" per Mark Twain.

Ok now there is a mainstream local news affiliate down in FL reporting on what the labs are doing.

Either this virus is great at spreading or there’s shenanigans going on here. I can see if it’s one lab but when there is several doing the same thing something is fishy here.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/f...s-have-not-reported-negative-covid-19-results
There was a Health Group and sent back left over test kits they haven't use and a week later they got results from them all positive. 😯

Take this for what it’s worth, but it’s being reported that the Florida positive rates have been extremely overblown.
Don’t dismiss the link outright because of the domain.
At least read the report. It won’t take two minutes. If you disagree, fine. But if you have something to refute it, please post it.
Isn’t that what civil discourse is supposed to be about?

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coro...bs-not-reporting-negative-test-results-report

Allow me to give you another perspective of a "hot spot", Sam.....

As I posted in another thread on this site, I live about 70 miles straight north of Lucas Oil Raceway, and our local Tyson meat packing facility had a spike in cases that not only shot us to the top of the heap per-capita in the state of Indiana, but put us on the map nationally. Mayor of our little town was on several national news networks and the whole bit. And during that peak time of positive cases, the following happened, or I should say, DIDN'T happen:

1. After the entire hospital was put on call, not a single nurse was ever called in...….EVER.

2. The COVID unit, which houses 11, was never more than half full. This was after the percentages suggested that the COVID unit alone would have to deal with 200+.

3. After fielding numerous calls from surrounding hospitals offering to take the overflow that was obviously going to happen, not a single patient had to be transferred.

4. Multiple employees that work at the facility that tested positive during a mass test were miraculously released to return to work the following week, less than 5 days after testing positive. This is right smack-dab in the middle of the 14-day quarantine nonsense that was rammed down all of our throats.

5. I VERIFIED that the concern of the numbers being cooked for financial gain at the hospital(s) was, in fact true. So the numbers you see reported on a daily basis may not be complete bullshit, but make no mistake, there's a percentage of those numbers that are just that...…..bullshit.

Sam, all of these instances I mention above are FACT. I didn't get them from reading a half-dozen facebook memes, and I damn sure didn't get them from any number of the news outlets that prove on a daily basis to falsely report. This is real world stuff, folks. This is going down right here in my home town. A home town that isn't a single stoplight, 500-person 'burgh that had a handful of cases, but one that made national news. Yet nothing, and I mean NOTHING happened that they said was going to happen.

My Mother is an "at-risk" patient also. I quote that because people that are at-risk for this are the same people that should be taking precautions anyway from all the other viruses that jeopardize them, which was verified by an instance with my Mother back in March when all hell broke loose around here. She had to be hospitalized out of nowhere, and of course everybody around was saying she had it. She ended up testing positive alright...……….for influenza B.

We've got to start using our collective heads, folks. As I've stated before, I could care less who is in the White House. I simply have a better understanding of government than to worry about that particular office. But Ronnie Milsap can see that we are living in a time where the POTUS is among the most, if not THE most hated people to have ever held that office (by the opposing party, at least....). So you see, when I listen to all this stuff going on, KNOWING what I know, it's a tough pill to swallow. For most folks, the news outlets are all they have so I can understand to a point why the fear is there. But I have a frontline view of the reality of this. Does that mean I'm saying the virus isn't real? Of course not. I know there are a group of folks that have had it, had a real tough time with it and in some cases died from complications of it. But to get to a point where we have to shut everything down? Sorry, man, but you just can't get there if you're using factual information, especially if you reference what I point out above with #5 because you'll never know what the ACTUAL numbers are. None of this takes into account the issue of identified symptoms. How many times have they added to that list since this mess started? A dozen or more? If you add enough possible symptoms, you'll cover virtually every single ailment there is. C'mon, folks. We need to start looking at ALL of it.

Sean D
certainly agree. my doctors have told me their are those that are at risk and then there’s me. April, 2020 i had the upper lobe of my right lung removed due to poor life choices early in my life. no cancer ♋
still no masks for me pre-op, post-op, except where required to enter. no virus 🦠 if i get it, i get it. one thing for sure, at this point there are exactly zero experts i trust. i certainly don’t believe the news, in fact i never watch it.

Attachments

• A14B4D7B-59B9-4DBA-ABA3-6B0098A5802A.jpeg
    A14B4D7B-59B9-4DBA-ABA3-6B0098A5802A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
All you no mask people seem to think the mask is for your protection. Actually as I understand the subject it mostly is for the protection of those around you in the event you might be contagious and unware of it. So thanks for being so selfish and self centered that you don't care about anybody else.
Well said. Also the mask is not perfect. The CDC tests show it is about 60% effective if inside the 6ft social distancing guideline. I would much rather undergo a minor discomfort and wear one than take ANY chance of getting the virus by not wearing one. BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY!

All you no mask people seem to think the mask is for your protection. Actually as I understand the subject it mostly is for the protection of those around you in the event you might be contagious and unware of it. So thanks for being so selfish and self centered that you don't care about anybody else.

As soon as you can counter what I spelled out in my post, and counter it with reliable information from a place other than mainstream media or a source not currently funded and/or supported by the government, I'll entertain not being so self-centered. In the meantime, I'll error on my own side of caution and maintain a certain amount of the rights I have left, and do so utilizing factual information that is happening (or NOT happening....) right in front of my eyes.

Sean D

Last edited:
As soon as you can counter what I spelled out in my post, and counter it with reliable information from a place other than mainstream media or a source not currently funded and/or supported by the government, I'll entertain not being so self-centered. In the meantime, I'll error on my own side of caution and maintain a certain amount of the rights I have left, and do so utilizing factual information that is happening (or NOT happening....) right in front of my eyes.

Sean D
Sean you should read my previous post. I don't deny the information is being used and manipulated for various illicit purposes but that doesn't cancel the fact that people are suffering and/or dying. If wearing a mask will save just one life we as a member of the honorable part of the human race owe it to that life and our family members to do what we can to prevent illness and/or death. JMO

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back