Low Funny Car Count for Seattle (1 Viewer)

qtermile14

Nitro Member
As of today Tuesday, the count is only 12. I know in the past late entries were allowed in cases like this.

It was 13 yesterday. I think Terry Haddock withdrew.

There's only 12 TAD and 6 TAFC entered so far.

That is going to continue to be a problem while diesel prices are high. Alexander and Densham are the only two non full time funny car teams to make the trip.

i would say a classic example of inflation and high fuel prices vs. 1st rnd loser money.
brainerd is 14 and 14 as of now w/kristin baldwin saying she'll be at brainerd, so 14-15......we'll see
only 7 alcohol cars for BIR so far......it's been that way lately too, why not learn from it and not race there?

The entry deadline has passed so I guess that's all we're getting. I have been making the 12 hour drive to Seattle since the 70's and I am sure this is the FIRST time they have been short on funny cars ! This track deserves to have the support of the racers. But it's hard to get mad at the racers with the present economy making it so difficult
to make that commitment. A tough situation.
Hopefully the very warm weather this weekend won't deter the fans from coming. I would imagine Pacific Raceways needs to have a successful event to make up for the last 2 years of no big revenue events.

From the photos I've seen of the Goodguys race last Friday night at Pacific Raceway they had a great turnout of spectators.

just about every funny car team that races every event has a complete 2nd car in the trailer.
maybe they should consider flying in a driver make 1 run and park it, that's 10k if NHRA
is paying what they said in the beginning of the year. some teams don't need the extra
hassle but i bet some would give some thought to the additional cash. race day if u draw
your other car well that's just a no brainer there. what can NHRA say when they have a
better car count come friday. 10 crewman teams can handle that no problem. idk just
something to think about, its the countdown that matters...

just about every funny car team that races every event has a complete 2nd car in the trailer.
maybe they should consider flying in a driver make 1 run and park it, that's 10k if NHRA
is paying what they said in the beginning of the year. some teams don't need the extra
hassle but i bet some would give some thought to the additional cash. race day if u draw
your other car well that's just a no brainer there. what can NHRA say when they have a
better car count come friday. 10 crewman teams can handle that no problem. idk just
Haddock does it with less than a full crew for 1 car. Doesn't NHRA require you make at least 2 runs to get the full 1st round $?

The entry deadline has passed so I guess that's all we're getting. I have been making the 12 hour drive to Seattle since the 70's and I am sure this is the FIRST time they have been short on funny cars ! This track deserves to have the support of the racers. But it's hard to get mad at the racers with the present economy making it so difficult
to make that commitment. A tough situation.
Hopefully the very warm weather this weekend won't deter the fans from coming. I would imagine Pacific Raceways needs to have a successful event to make up for the last 2 years of no big revenue events.
They may not have been short, but they haven't had a surplus of FC's for a while now. Going back to 2016 (aka several years before anyone knew what covid was), only once have they had more than 16 cars in attendance.

Seattle and Epping are in the same boat here. There are next to no local guys based nearby, and it's just so far out of the way for everyone that most of the non-full-timers pick them as good ones to skip.

is paying what they said in the beginning of the year.
some teams don't need the extra
In 2004 at Phoenix Virgil Hartman had his normal two cars (Rhonda and John) entered in the race..... there was only a total 15 TF cars entered.... Virgil pulled a backup car from one of the trailers and put Glenn Mikres in the car to make one qualifying hit, and to take the green light in the first round.... Instant first round money for not much extra investment. Not sure what the rules are today but if this is still possible, I'm surprised more teams don't do it.

Yep, if I win the Mega-Millions tomorrow I would put 2 funny cars out there. John Lawson in one. Not sure of the other but a couple of drivers come to mind !!

Raise the payouts and they will come. It has to be a financial break even to be a first round loser.

In 2004 at Phoenix Virgil Hartman had his normal two cars (Rhonda and John) entered in the race..... there was only a total 15 TF cars entered.... Virgil pulled a backup car from one of the trailers and put Glenn Mikres in the car to make one qualifying hit, and to take the green light in the first round.... Instant first round money for not much extra investment. Not sure what the rules are today but if this is still possible, I'm surprised more teams don't do it.
Steve Chrisman would do that a few years ago with the Worsham dragster when it was a short or 16 car field. They would make one 3-400' squirt in qualifying and then run round 1.
would think they'll run everyone in 1st round?
(6) first round races with two quickest getting bye into semis?
I think there will be 3 pair in Rd.2 and one will be a 2 for 1 into the finals.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back