Car count (1 Viewer)

Eugene, I would bet the number of runs between oil downs across the board is better now. I'm not saying fining someone out of the sport is the answer but if they eliminate them what happens next year with all the live shows when oil downs mess it up?

I can't disagree with what you're saying, PJ.

I think many folks think that the penalties are geared more towards the crew chiefs and crews and them getting things right (And maybe they are, I don't know), but the final at Indy should serve as a reminder of just how unpredictable, and "out of their hands" these things have the potential to be. No team has been more acutely aware of the oil down penalty/consequence than BVR was before that final, yet they STILL went out there and blew the top off of it. So the earlier point made about the continued drive towards better retention devices is key, IMHO. For that matter, the continued drive towards better/quicker clean up materials and devices should be getting as much attention on the other end of things. This is the LAST topic that needs to be an "us versus them". This is about the show, period.

This is as big of double edged sword as I've seen in this sport in quite a while.

Sean D

If NHRA is so worried about oil downs they should mandate specific containment devices per class and live with the results. If anybody had the answer they would deploy it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back