Bristol car count (1 Viewer)

Dragracer

Nitro Member
I have been reading that the ticket sales for Bristol has been fantastic, good to see that.
I am disappointed to see the latest car count. As of today none of the classes are full and F/C only has 16 cars.
Bristol is a great place and I hate to see the spectators disappointed by a low car count. Any ideas why the count is so low. Even the sportsman count is low.
I know it's Fathers Day but that shouldn't affect the racers.

Last edited:
Top Fuel - 19 entries, Funny Car- 16 entries, Pro Stock- 19 entries, Pro Mod- 16 entries...so which of the pro categories doesn't have a full field?

The car count is down on last year. I think they had 21 or 22 in tf. Mind you any more than 16 is a bonus for me.

economy still sux for the average workin person,, more cost to the racer no increase in reward imagine that, but suits aint suffering;) let the alkys run n Bristol :eek:

To me the fact that we've made it all these years, even through the recent economic meltdown, and almost always have full pro fields, is amazing. For decades, many have predicted that we'd have gone to 8 car pro fields by now. However, having cars like Warren & Kurt parked is a real bummer. Hope they can get backing to return, if not full-time, then at least for Indy (cuz I'm going :D)

A week ago, the total number of entries was 202 - sportsman entries have increased substantially since. As bad as things are, these guys and gals are still finding a way to do what they love.

To me the fact that we've made it all these years, even through the recent economic meltdown, and almost always have full pro fields, is amazing. For decades, many have predicted that we'd have gone to 8 car pro fields by now. However, having cars like Warren & Kurt parked is a real bummer. Hope they can get backing to return, if not full-time, then at least for Indy (cuz I'm going :D)

Just read on facebook that the Johnsons will be racing in Bristol!

economy still sux for the average workin person,, more cost to the racer no increase in reward imagine that, but suits aint suffering;) let the alkys run n Bristol :eek:

Not to mention all these back to back races that very few Independant and sportsman racers can afford!

I really don't think the economy is as bad as some think. For example, here in Houston there's new construction everywhere and tons of job openings as many company's are moving their office's to Texas. This area is growing so rapidly home builders can't keep up with the home demand which is causing home prices and rental costs to sky rocket. In the last 6 months my house has appreciated over 35%. It's so crazy I actually have people cold knocking my front door asking if I want to sell my house.

Now back to the Bristol car counts, doesn't seem that bad with full fields in the pro categories. I remember 10 years ago not having full fields at every national event, so it's not as bad as it has been in the past.

tell the average workin man the economy is good, middle income wages stagnet over the last 10 years, tech world and wall street makin money,,
truckin damn show aint, id b racin a big car if that was the case:eek: car fields full with the same ole bunch ,,,,boring boring boring, I just soon watch bar stool racin:D

Last edited:
um....er....uh...Houston? Oil Patch?

I don't really like being negative but, it is still tough out there. Has been since 2007. Jobs - good jobs - are still an issue.

If I say anything more it'll be pulled as political.

I really don't think the economy is as bad as some think. For example, here in Houston there's new construction everywhere and tons of job openings as many company's are moving their office's to Texas. .

Part of the problem is finding truly employable people.

Bingo..... Many people think they deserve a lot more $ than their qualifications/education equate to what they should make. I do work in the oil/gas industry and we can't find enough good people. Many company's are poaching competitors employees which is driving up salaries in this area. If you have a kid getting ready to go into college and they can't decide on a major, tell them to get an Engineering Degree and send them to Houston when they are done and they will make a salary close to $100k right out of college.

um....er....uh...Houston? Oil Patch?

I don't really like being negative but, it is still tough out there. Has been since 2007. Jobs - good jobs - are still an issue.

If I say anything more it'll be pulled as political.

We have the fewest number of Americans working since 1979! Now you wanna talk people who collect a Gov. check...thats a huge can of worms right there!

U.S. Labor Force Participation Rate Lowest Since 1979

Last edited:
- didn't mind the one hour espn show, sure it saved nhra a few dollars;
unless 11pm ET was earliest they could buy so maybe they decided the show
would run too late for most folks so why spend the extra money?

- rocky main sponsor for hagan, his first round loss made espn for maybe
10 seconds?....couldn't make out sponsor name; whatever rocky paid for this
race was seen only by those in attendance.

- e. enders fighting for dollars at every race; admire her determination.

- nice job roger brogdon and team on first win

They actually aired part one, the 1st and 2nd rounds, at 1:00 eastern. Then from semis on at 11.

thanks nunzio, did not know that.
wonder how much of audience there is for sunday early afternoon drag racing?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back