Car count (1 Viewer)

Bill

Nitro Member
I know many who post here are worried about the Pro Stock car count but you need to worry more about Top Fuel and Funny Car. Look at the qualifying results for Carolina. Not good.

I saw that. Not good gentlemen. I was not there but from the photos i saw it looked like a ghost town.

I don't see any difference if you have 20 or 24. If they're not racing at National Event somewhere they will be testing so cost is the same, besides it good for the local economy.

I haven't noticed before but sportsman classes and Pro Mod only get 3 qualifying attempts when I raced you got 4 when did they change that ?

I don't see any difference if you have 20 or 24. If they're not racing at National Event somewhere they will be testing so cost is the same, besides it good for the local economy.

Yes the cost of going down the track might be the same if you are at Zmax, Vegas, 131 or Atco but its the incidental cost that go up huge.
They can test at a local track whcih saves travel cost (Food, hotel, flights, fuel for semi and support vehicles X however many miles.) Saves on hospitality, even small teams have something even if it is for their own team/family and such.
They can also get booked in somewhere and maybe make a buck or two.

Why do you go get gas, eat and such close to home instead of driving 3 states away???

10 guys in each class are running for the title, the other 6 are just for show anyways. At least at this point, The Greek will make the field, and Clay Millican gets a free pass to round 2!

A disaster in what way? Vegas II has been about as fun a race as we've attended. Or were you not talking from a fan's perspective?

Vegas 2 is the best race on the schedule for my money. Vegas 1 has historically been a much less attended event, in terms of spectators and car counts.

The DSR, JFR and Kalitta cars maybe! I bet a lot of the lesser funded teams would LOVE Fewer races! Ask Terry McMullin...

A disaster in what way? Vegas II has been about as fun a race as we've attended. Or were you not talking from a fan's perspective?

The Attendance at Vegas 2 compared to the Spring race is Stunning, the Spring race like this Zmax race are in front of Empty stands.

Ya can't complain about not enough cars - then not let them run when they DO come.
Paul, the Q-money is what keeps some of the smaller budget teams out here. You take that away and they probably won't be able to compete at all. It's the oil down penalties that is kicking them in the azzzz.

Not a fan of penalties, but the amount of oil downs are much lower than they were before the instituted them. If eliminated what keeps them in check?

Not a fan of penalties, but the amount of oil downs are much lower than they were before the instituted them. If eliminated what keeps them in check?
I don't think the oil down penalties should be eliminated. They do need to keep on the path they are on, and keep improving the containment devices.

Perhaps the fine amount can be restructured.
As an example, $1,000 on the 1st, and each subsequent fine increases by $250. Keep the points deductions the same.
That would help the smaller teams, the large teams probably would not care what the fine is, they have a larger budget, and can more easily afford it.

Eugene, I would bet the number of runs between oil downs across the board is better now. I'm not saying fining someone out of the sport is the answer but if they eliminate them what happens next year with all the live shows when oil downs mess it up?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back