JR leaves DEI (1 Viewer)

Personally I think JR comes out of this smelling like a rose. He has tons of options:

1. Go drive for RCR and rake in millions when he drives his daddy's #3 for RCR.
2. Go drive for Gibbs and join Stewart and have awesome cars
3. Start his own JR Motorsports Nextel team and hopefully make it a superpower in nascar

Personally what I think is he needs to just go drive RCR's #3 for his daddy, rake in the millions he will make, put it in the bank and next year or year after when DEI is bankrupt and being sold for nothing he can buy it.

I don't follow NASCAR too close but I thought I heard one of the announcers (Chris Myers maybe) say that JR brings SO much marketing power and Bud money that there are many owners that will simply bring him into their deal as a large shareholder and then buy him out when he is ready to go on his own completely.

I am always amazed that you can virtually (almost LITERALLY) walk into any of the thousands of bars/pubs in America and see something with his number 8 on it. Budweiser uses him in eight-figure ($$$) marketing campaigns. It is like Nike and Tiger (at least the Nike GOLF stuff). Simply amazing.

I'm thinkin' he'll land on his feet (or his padded wallet):eek: :D

I was somewhat surprised to read his salary was over 20 million a year. Does John Force even spend that a season?

Al, sponsorship is considered part of their earning just like race winnings. And with all the other secondary sponsors he has I'll bet its more.

Re: JR leaves DEI - be afraid, very afraid!

Personally I think JR comes out of this smelling like a rose. He has tons of options:

1. Go drive for RCR and rake in millions when he drives his daddy's #3 for RCR.
2. Go drive for Gibbs and join Stewart and have awesome cars
3. Start his own JR Motorsports Nextel team and hopefully make it a superpower in nascar

Personally what I think is he needs to just go drive RCR's #3 for his daddy, rake in the millions he will make, put it in the bank and next year or year after when DEI is bankrupt and being sold for nothing he can buy it.

Well Justin, you left one option out! I think Dale clearly said that he wants to be with a team that can win him a championship. Consider what has happened so far this year. Jeff, Jimmie, Kyle and . . . Dale in 2008?

A Boston Fox channel is saying JR will sign with RCR today driving either the number 3 or 33.

"Richard Childress has scheduled a news conference Friday at Darlington Raceway, the site of Saturday's Nextel Nextel Cup race."

Juniors salary and endorsements for last year were $25,761,830. This does not include merchandise and he's the top seller in motor-sports.

Let me start by saying that I'm all for what JR. is doing. It's not about money he makes more than he can spend. He wants to WIN. And at DEI he didn't have control of his team or his future. I believe that wherever he lands he will be a partner, not "just a driver". Much like Jeff Gordon owns a peice of Hendrick.

But if he is taking Budweiser with him, shouldn't we all be screaming about him "Buying the Ride"? If he was a Drag Racer we would.

Alan

What a circus this is turning into!

this is huge in the NASCAR world, and it's only going to get more and more insane with rumors and such....i mean this is pretty much the equivalent of Ashley Force leaving John Force racing, or better yet, Tony Schumacher leaving Don Schumacher racing and taking the Army with him (with some exceptions of course with these comparisons) :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back