DEI for sale (1 Viewer)

paoldtimer

Nitro Member
From Jayski....

"Teresa Earnhardt Looking to sell DEI? UPDATE: Sirius NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway is reporting today that Teresa Earnhardt has enlisted the services of Bear, Stearns and Company to find a buyer -- or at least a major financial investor -- for Dale Earnhardt, Inc. Bear Stearns is an investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm based in New York City, and has been charged with finding a buyer for the entire operation. Barring that, Earnhardt is said to be interested in selling at least a minority interest in the team. DEI President of Global Operations Max Siegel declined to comment on the story when contacted earlier today.(Sirius NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway)(7-7-2008)
UPDATE: Max Siegel, President of Global Operations at DEI is currently in negotiations with major investors to buy Teresa Earnhardt out of DEI, a source close to the negotiations said Monday. It appears now that Teresa is finally willing to sell, and Siegel is working diligently with a number of potential investors to take the company over. Sources said Siegel would not just be buying a portion of DEI or a controlling interest, rather, he would be buying the entire company. Sources said, Teresa has agreed to walk away from the company entirely for the right price. That price is supposedly somewhere between $115-$130 million dollars. With one exception...Teresa would retain the rights to all "Dale Earnhardt' and 'Intimidator' rights and merchandise sales. Siegel would only be buying the DEI race teams, and real estate including all race shops and the DEI headquarters in Mooresville, NC. Sources said Siegel is very serious about the purchase and appears to have investors salivating over the opportunity to own the legendary team. In addition, Teresa has grown more frustrated with NASCAR nation following her fall-out with the sports most popular driver, and wants nothing more than to be out of the public eye for good.."

So, does Dale Jr buy the company for JR Motorsports or just totally walk away from what should've been his legacy?

If he's smart, he will just let it be sold off. What a shame. If she was going to do this, then why not make a deal with JR last year instead of being a B*tch about the whole situation. There most be alot of bad blood there.

If he's smart, he will just let it be sold off. What a shame. If she was going to do this, then why not make a deal with JR last year instead of being a B*tch about the whole situation. There most be alot of bad blood there.

Heck, Dale Sr. would not race for her either!

This sport is losing it's heritage day by day. While many fomer diehard fans held with the sport for awhile they are falling by the wayside. NASCAR enjoyed the spikes from the fringe fan of recent. That will fade.

I'll say it again: It should not cost $20 million plus to haul a driver, and team to the track.

Lil 'Dale is sitting back grinding his teeth about this (I would suspect). Dale Sr's name is being shopped around. I was on her side for a while..until her and JR started going at it. She doesn't seem to have the Earnhardt legacy as her priority..sad deal.

My sentiments exactly......

She doesn't seem to have the Earnhardt legacy as her priority..sad deal.

Sure she does:

"With one exception...Teresa would retain the rights to all "Dale Earnhardt' and 'Intimidator' rights and merchandise sales."

I can't imagine why anybody would pay $70 each for a series of "fantasy" cars like she has produced.

I read last night that if she was selling for $130 million and it included the merchandise part that it would be a steal of a deal. I think she's just all in it for the money, thats all. I bet Dale Sr is rolling over in his grave.

I hate to play devils advocate guys but in life, you have to do what's best for you. In reality, she lost her husband. That's got to change some things. Maybe her heart isn't in it. I don't know. While I really like Dale Sr., SHE has to do what's best for her. Plus I don't really know what's going on behind the walls at DEI.

I hate to play devils advocate guys but in life, you have to do what's best for you. In reality, she lost her husband. That's got to change some things. Maybe her heart isn't in it. I don't know. While I really like Dale Sr., SHE has to do what's best for her. Plus I don't really know what's going on behind the walls at DEI.

Here you go Steve, Dale Jr. left because she doesn't like him and he knew she would never give him a chance to win championship. He left the writing on the wall, John Menard will be moving his assets and driver Paul Menard to Roush Fenway in 2009, Mark Martin is moving to Hendrcks in 2009, Martin Truex is trying to leave after this season, Bass Pro will not return to DEI, that leaves Aric Amirola the only driver signed next year. Would this have happened if she would have sold to Dale Jr. No Way

Here you go Steve, Dale Jr. left because she doesn't like him and he knew she would never give him a chance to win championship. He left the writing on the wall, John Menard will be moving his assets and driver Paul Menard to Roush Fenway in 2009, Mark Martin is moving to Hendrcks in 2009, Martin Truex is trying to leave after this season, Bass Pro will not return to DEI, that leaves Aric Amirola the only driver signed next year. Would this have happened if she would have sold to Dale Jr. No Way

I agree with ya and get your point. It's a tough situation and you can't just look at it beginning with Dale Jr issues. You have to look back to Feb. 2001 and go from there.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back