JR leaves DEI (1 Viewer)

What I'm hearing is that most of the merchandising and lisencening approvals for next year have to be made around the end of summer, so this gives Dale a few months to sit back and make His desicion. I think this is a smart move by Him, He is "buying a ride" so to speak, with Budwiesers blessing and money I might add. I think Richard Childress is the best fit, after all He is almost like a Father to Him, and Jr needs that, Tony Eury Jr will most certianly go with Him too but we will have to wait and see, I wouldn't expect a commitment untill July or August.

Let me start by saying that I'm all for what JR. is doing. It's not about money he makes more than he can spend. He wants to WIN. And at DEI he didn't have control of his team or his future. I believe that wherever he lands he will be a partner, not "just a driver". Much like Jeff Gordon owns a peice of Hendrick.

But if he is taking Budweiser with him, shouldn't we all be screaming about him "Buying the Ride"? If he was a Drag Racer we would.

Alan

I am all for it too Alan. I guess you are right, he IS "buying a ride". I think it just goes to show that all of motorsports are going to be that way (in large part) from now on.

I would be more inclined to compare it to Whit's deal....He is just taking his sponsorship dollars elsewhere :D

I would think that 20-25 million includes what Budweiser pays Jr himself and not what goes to run the race team. That would be an additional 10-17 million?

That pretty much makes the Bud Prince a redheaded stepchild...:eek: Or blonde or highlighted or whatever he is next week.

Let me start by saying that I'm all for what JR. is doing. It's not about money he makes more than he can spend. He wants to WIN. And at DEI he didn't have control of his team or his future. I believe that wherever he lands he will be a partner, not "just a driver". Much like Jeff Gordon owns a peice of Hendrick.

But if he is taking Budweiser with him, shouldn't we all be screaming about him "Buying the Ride"? If he was a Drag Racer we would.

Alan

Alan. Seriously. Do you really think Dale Earnhardt Jr needs to "buy" a ride? And that the top three teams in nascar would consider it a "no go" if he didn't take Budweiser along? I'm am sure teams would snap him up if he came empty handed based on his marketability alone. I also think it would be blasphemy for Jr to drive the number 3 of Childress in Bud Red wrap. That number belongs in Mr Good wrench colors. Just my opinion

To answer Alan Reinhart, I dont think its the same. Its not like he's kicking someone out of a ride b/c he's bringing money. They will more than likely add another team.

Here is an interesting quote I thought yall would like to see. This is Tony Stewarts response to a reporter who asked what DEI would be without Jr there?
"A museum."

Let see, Penske, Ginn, RCR, Gibbs, Hendricks all want to talk to him. Let the bidding begin for my services. Oh, and I bring Bud money with me.

I would think that 20-25 million includes what Budweiser pays Jr himself and not what goes to run the race team. That would be an additional 10-17 million?

I think you are right. That is his salary/endorsements. They pay more for the team and WAY, WAY more using him in the ad campaigns!!!

He's "buying a ride" no matter how you stack it up, Budwieser will pay the bills and He'll either buy His own cars or someone else will hire Him to drive Thiers. Simple, no rocket science there, I will be thrilled to see the number 3 car dressed in Budwieser Red, it is the best fit, and I wouldn't be surprized if it happens.

I got a "C" note that the #3 car will not be in red and Jr ( and it is a combination of both) will NOT be driving it. Any takers?..... Or, I will say that Jr will not be driving a car with the number 3 like his Dad.

Last edited:
I got a "C" note that the #3 car will not be in red and Jr ( and it is a combination of both) will NOT be driving it. Any takers?..... Or, I will say that Jr will not be driving a car with the number 3 like his Dad.

I'm not taking that bet! But . . . I have a Franklin that Dale will be a Hendricks driver in 2008. Any takers on either one of these? - :D

Is there a "never" clause on that or are you referring to the immediate discussions?:D

I have always been one to never say "Never", but I feel fairly confident that he won't be have a car with his Dad's number on it. As a single digit that is. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back