John force (34 Viewers)

Click this link, forward to 2:00 and at 2:05, click Settings and slow the playback speed to 0.25. Watch closely, 2:09/2:10 and again at 4:00; this crash was one of the most violent involving a side impact I've ever seen and to me, explains why John is still hospitalized and there's been no further updates. They may not know because they're still evaluating what's going on inside John's head from an impact that was likely in excess of 50G. I believe the only reason he's alive is because of safety measures implemented by his own team after the death of John Medlen.

They will check him out real good and the family will talk when they are ready. NHRA will not make any statement without JF OKay as far as injury.

NHRA keep everything secret,tell nobody nothing,don't post anything,I am really sick of this b****s***
Regarding John Force - that's his family's decision. The doctors and NHRA are not at liberty to speak about private health information. The family knows for certain how good/bad the situation is but I'm sure at this point, jumping on social media is not priority number one.

NHRA's role here is to impound the wreckage and find out why the chutes did not deploy as designed. I would imagine this is still in progress.

Not everything is a conspiracy, things take time.

Ron Dudley 1988 was one.

Yeah 1988......man time flies. Still seem to think there was another one in the mid-90s but still drawing a blank. Explosions/crashes like that are always very concerning but like I said when the chopper comes in, you know it's at a whole new level.

I do remember the freak accident with Eddie Hill's team, like in 93 or 94, at Columbus. Nothing to this scale but memorable for the oddness of it.

Was also at the small track in 2007 when Bob Motz's Kenworth went up in flames. That was really bad.

Regarding John Force - that's his family's decision. The doctors and NHRA are not at liberty to speak about private health information. The family knows for certain how good/bad the situation is but I'm sure at this point, jumping on social media is not priority number one.

NHRA's role here is to impound the wreckage and find out why the chutes did not deploy as designed. I would imagine this is still in progress.

Not everything is a conspiracy, things take time.

From Competition Plus:

DG

Yea. Funny how things work out sometimes. It was about 9:30 when he and Brittany pulled up into the front end of their pits (fan side of pit alley if you will). So, I'm standing there, some kid asked him something (turned out to be for an autograph). Apparently, he said no, the kid walked off, John takes a few steps and turns and calls the kid back and signed his shirt. I couldn't hear the conversation so I'm not exactly sure why the kid walked off etc. Anyway, I'm standing close by a few feet away and no hero cards are set out yet and hold my ticket up like I'm a limo driver at the airport. He waves me over and signs it and I take a quick selfie. I got about 10 selfies with different drivers as I had already had autographs from previous events. But I always try to be respectful, thank the driver, and tell them to "be safe out there".
Damn, 4 hours later he has a horrendous crash.

I've said here before. Like the guy or not for whatever reason. You have to respect him for taking the time to interact with the fans.

20240624_201435.jpg

don't know how many of you have ever had bruised or broken ribs from a fall or blunt force trauma. very painful, and the rest of the internals
taking a sudden jolt, including spine. it all comes back, but it's a slow one.

don't know how many of you have ever had bruised or broken ribs from a fall or blunt force trauma. very painful, and the rest of the internals
taking a sudden jolt, including spine. it all comes back, but it's a slow one.
I've had bruised and broken ribs, but not at the same time. Both times really sucked. Just breathing is a chore and very painful.

Force is a big enough figure that his accident and medical update is on the Fox News Channel - not a media outlet for anything regarding drag racing - internet home page right now.
Sounds like at the least John suffered a severe concussion and those things can go in unknown directions at any time - even days after the initial impact. I'm glad to see he's at a facility that cares and has the ability to monitor him.

The silence on John’s condition is maddening because we went through this recently with Ryan Newman. All sorts of speculation about his condition and the future of his career, and he ends up posting a beautiful pic of him walking out of the hospital holding the hands of his two little daughters. I was very relieved but you looked down and could surmise he had some burns to his feet because he was wearing special boots. Now Motor Trend posts that John is “fighting for his life” in the ICU. What are we supposed to think now? It’s so vague and headline grabbing I would hope the family comes out and tells us what’s really going on

Now Motor Trend posts that John is “fighting for his life” in the ICU. What are we supposed to think now? It’s so vague and headline grabbing I would hope the family comes out and tells us what’s really going on
I agree that the speculation is maddening, and Motor Trend isn't helping, as the entire "fights for his life" headline seems to be based on this sentence in their article "Sources near the team say his condition is very guarded and speculate the injuries could be severe. " It is frustrating that MT seems to have based its headline on pure speculation - not very good journalism.

The situation on information release is kind of interesting. On the one hand, Force has both passively and actively put himself in the public eye, yet when the news is bad, the Force team is hiding from the public eye. So the fans have been trained to expect openness and news, but now we are not getting it. But given that even Team Force may not really know what to expect, it would make sense not release any info if there is nothing concrete to release. And this is a very, very serious matter, and when it comes to very serious matters, I think the family and team have the right to keep things private, and also putting out a news release is not where their focus should be. It's just hard for all of us caring fans not to know his status.

The silence on John’s condition is maddening because we went through this recently with Ryan Newman. All sorts of speculation about his condition and the future of his career, and he ends up posting a beautiful pic of him walking out of the hospital holding the hands of his two little daughters. I was very relieved but you looked down and could surmise he had some burns to his feet because he was wearing special boots. Now Motor Trend posts that John is “fighting for his life” in the ICU. What are we supposed to think now? It’s so vague and headline grabbing I would hope the family comes out and tells us what’s really going on
I had to look up who that was lol.

I think if John is out for awhile his seat will most likely go to Jordan Vandergriff who was already seen testing one of forces funny cars
Out for awhile? Sadly, on Sunday I thought that was his last run, two days later and I still think that. Just a few weeks ago he was discussing retirement while in the midst of a victory, after a crash like that at 75 I think it would be tough to ever get back out there.

Out for awhile? Sadly, on Sunday I thought that was his last run, two days later and I still think that. Just a few weeks ago he was discussing retirement while in the midst of a victory, after a crash like that at 75 I think it would be tough to ever get back out there.
With Brittany and Austin planning on running Norwalk (in the press release last night) I’m going to assume that John is not fighting for his life. If he was I don’t think his daughter or any of his teams would even consider running Norwalk. This may be the last time we see him behind the wheel. I hope he is able to return but he was definitely thinking more about retirement recently than he has in the past.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back