John force (1 Viewer)

I wonder if something happened during the explosion that cut the cables to the chutes. Did think it was strange that the chutes didn't deploy. Scary accident.....

Hmmm, if there is a fill-in driver, my vote goes to Tommy Johnson JR. He filled in for Matt Hagan and did an EXCELLENT job.
That would be awesome if Johnson could/would do it if needed, or even Beckman.

Prayers to John and family.

Are you sure that is not the old picture from the time of the accident with Bernstein
Arm and leg were in a cast
Larry Sutton---🤠
Pretty sure that that is indeed the case. That Facebook page appears to be an imposter "Brittany Force" page. And I doubt that JFR would post that photo without issuing an update or press-release.

I need to check with John too see if he is getting helicopter air miles.
Larry Sutton---🤠
It was crazy. I was at the race. Seeing the medi-vac chopper come in. I don't know if it was me, I lost track of time or what. But it seemed to be 25-30 minutes before it took off again. This is just an assumption on my part, but he may have been taken to VCU. There are a couple of very good medical facilities in Richmond.

For those that don't know VMP is actually in Dinwiddie VA. About 25 to 30 minutes south of Richmond.

This is the real head scratcher. There are two systems the are supposed to pop the chutes and neither did. Something glitched pretty bad.
if you look close you can see a redish/orange tag visible on left side chute, possibly on rt. side chute too? ...... are those the 'remove before flight' stroud safety tags?

Hmmm, if there is a fill-in driver, my vote goes to Tommy Johnson JR. He filled in for Matt Hagan and did an EXCELLENT job.
TJ or Jeff Arend would be my #1 and #2. I'd like to see Courtney come back but doubt she would.

if you look close you can see a redish/orange tag visible on left side chute, possibly on rt. side chute too? ...... are those the 'remove before flight' stroud safety tags?
There was a rule change within the last couple years that all pilot chutes must be bright colored to contrast with the racing surface/shut down area just in case one becomes detached from the chute so it can be noticed easier. All you are seeing is a neon orange section of pilot chute peeking out.

It was crazy. I was at the race. Seeing the medi-vac chopper come in. I don't know if it was me, I lost track of time or what. But it seemed to be 25-30 minutes before it took off again. This is just an assumption on my part, but he may have been taken to VCU. There are a couple of very good medical facilities in Richmond.

For those that don't know VMP is actually in Dinwiddie VA. About 25 to 30 minutes south of Richmond.

Always unsettling to see that chopper come in. Seems like there was a couple times (at least once I'm sure) in the mid-late 90s at Columbus, during eliminations, someone was evac'd out but I can't remember when or whom.

Pretty sure that that is indeed the case. That Facebook page appears to be an imposter "Brittany Force" page. And I doubt that JFR would post that photo without issuing an update or press-release.
F fb. I've reported every Brittany Force page that I come across. She doesn't do fb.

Always unsettling to see that chopper come in. Seems like there was a couple times (at least once I'm sure) in the mid-late 90s at Columbus, during eliminations, someone was evac'd out but I can't remember when or whom.
Without an N number, hard to say if that wasn't the replacement that was called when the decision was made to evac John. My understanding is the track can't go back hot till another helicopter is there.

Last edited:
Wothout an N number, hard to say if that wasn't the replacement that was called when the decision was made to evac John. My understanding is the track can't go back hot till another helicopter is there.
That's more than likely the scenario. I was talking with the North Memorial crews at BIR a few years ago. They eluded that the pros won't fire unti the helicopter is on the ground.

Would like to see Force back soon but I’d be surprised if he could. Is it a given that Hight can’t come back yet?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back