John force (12 Viewers)

With the caveat that I would be very shocked if he does end up racing this weekend (just because I don't see how you can be in the ICU on Monday and racing on Friday), on the NHRA website, he is still listed in the entry list. Now, maybe there is an internal or racer-only entry list that he has been removed from, but at least on the public facing list, he is still on there.
https://www.nhra.com/schedule/2024/...series/summit-racing-equipment-nhra-nationals

his name is still on the entry list and no new names are entered yet. All that really means nothing. I doubt he is in shape to drive.
He will not drive this weekend. He is still in the ICU. Nothing has been said whether his car will run with another driver or not. Will know tomorrow.

With the caveat that I would be very shocked if he does end up racing this weekend (just because I don't see how you can be in the ICU on Monday and racing on Friday), on the NHRA website, he is still listed in the entry list. Now, maybe there is an internal or racer-only entry list that he has been removed from, but at least on the public facing list, he is still on there.
https://www.nhra.com/schedule/2024/...series/summit-racing-equipment-nhra-nationals
Some of the big teams pay their entry fees several races ahead once the the schedule for a certain time period is locked.

Who gets points credit in a case like this? John or Sub
I’m pretty sure that the point total would go to John. They changed the rules during Covid but I’m not too positive how they come into play for injuries. If they don’t go to John, outside of sponsor obligations, it would make zero sense to field a car in his absence. Let’s just hope that this will be the only race he misses and can return in Seattle.

I’m pretty sure that the point total would go to John. They changed the rules during Covid but I’m not too positive how they come into play for injuries. If they don’t go to John, outside of sponsor obligations, it would make zero sense to field a car in his absence. Let’s just hope that this will be the only race he misses and can return in Seattle.
the rule allows the points to go to the original driver.

I don't want this to be true, but I think we've seen the end of John Force's racing career. Again, I hope I'm so wrong.
Neurology can go so many ways.

Attachments

• 727_Cranial_Fossae.jpg
    727_Cranial_Fossae.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 62
  • 1.-what-does-the-brain-do-lobes_format=landscape.png
    1.-what-does-the-brain-do-lobes_format=landscape.png
    107 KB · Views: 61
Neurology can go so many ways.
Reading the news release I also believe his driving days are probably over. It says his transfer was so they can concentrate on his head injury, sounds like there could be other injuries but the head injuries are the worse and naturally the priority. At 75 recovery takes longer. After a traumatic brain injury the recovery can take quite a while.

I hate to say it, but I think we all knew this was how it was going to end for him. It's a bummer he couldn't have bowed out gracefully, like many begged him to do; but, rather, on fire and medevac'd out.

Reading the news release I also believe his driving days are probably over. It says his transfer was so they can concentrate on his head injury, sounds like there could be other injuries but the head injuries are the worse and naturally the priority. At 75 recovery takes longer. After a traumatic brain injury the recovery can take quite a while.
I tend to agree with you on his driving days most likely being over. Head injuries are pretty serious and being he is still in the hospital means it is more than a light concussion. The last images we saw from him was getting out of the car with some assistance and being awake while being loaded into an ambulance. While those are positive signs for survival, there could be numerous long term effects. The body doesn’t heal at 75 like it does at 25 or 55. It worries me that Brittany won’t be running this weekend. If I can remember correctly, all of his team cars competed in the next race after his Dallas accident. I also believe that all of the improved safety measures since Medlin’s accident probably saved John’s life.

I hate to say it, but I think we all knew this was how it was going to end for him. It's a bummer he couldn't have bowed out gracefully, like many begged him to do; but, rather, on fire and medevac'd out.
i guess it depends on what a person values. At 75, he's second in the points, won two races already, Who knows how Virginia could've gone, and next race, he could be in the points lead.

did watch video again slowly. explosion seems to happen rite about 1000', then veers towards right wall going past 1320'.
noticing taller white wall that seems to step down in height to more gray colored wall just past 1320'.
car makes contact just before a whiter colored gate on left side of track. if this is correct, and it mite not be, and trying to look for positives
in all of this; the angle of hit mite not be as great as what is perceived on tv angle, which is a good thing for the speed he was carrying.

Attachments

• ShutdownArea.jpg
    ShutdownArea.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back