John force (1 Viewer)

John will do what John wants to do. There is no shame in retiring though. He has nothing whatsoever to prove to anyone. Look at all the greats like Connie Kalitta, Chris Karamesines, Don Garlits, Ed McCulloch, Don Prudhomme, Joe Amato.......John would be joining an elite field and still have the joy of grooming others for success. Personally, I hope he calls it a day rather than risk an injury that takes away his ability to enjoy reaping what he has sown.
And hopefully he would be able to deal with coming to the track and not driving. Something tells me he probably won't have a choice about driving.

Do the cars still have data recorders that measure, among other things, G-forces?
That first impact was beyond brutal. Side hits like that make me cringe.
The second hit wasn't any better, but it was more head-on.
Something else that I came across. Next helmet I get will have it if it's up to me.

Something else that I came across. Next helmet I get will have it if it's up to me.

Very interesting technology. I can see that becoming, if not mandatory, “highly recommended” in the near future.

Very interesting technology. I can see that becoming, if not mandatory, “highly recommended” in the near future.
The technology to collect data and show results is really great for research, but so far there is no way for the higher mass Brain to keep from moving in the less dense Cerebrospinal Fluid when inertia changes so fast you have a great amount of - Gravitional Forces (GForce) going from 300+ MPH to Zero instantly. Once again basic Physics shows us that the human Brain which is about (60/40) fat and combined others has a Specific Gravity of between 1.03 & 1.26 and the CS fluid a SG of 1. Inertia shows us that the denser Brain is going to try to keep moving 1.25 times more than the less dense fluid. Multiply this by the GForce number and you have "Houston We have a Problem"! In this Case the number that the RacePak got was 50. Include that with the age factor and it is almost unbelievable that John is still with Us. I don't think it was Elvis that he saw this time - Pretty sure this time it was a way higer "Pay Grade" that helped him.

Last edited:
The technology to collect data and show results is really great for research, but so far there is no way for the higher mass Brain to keep from moving in the less dense Cerebrospinal Fluid when inertia changes so fast you have a great amount of - Gravitional Forces (GForce) going from 300+ MPH to Zero instantly. Once again basic Physics shows us that the human Brain which is about (60/40) fat and combined others has a Specific Gravity of between 1.03 & 1.26 and the CS fluid a SG of 1. Inertia shows us that the denser Brain is going to try to keep moving 1.25 times more than the less dense fluid. Multiply this by the GForce number and you have "Houston We have a Problem"! In this Case the number that the RacePak got was 50. Include that with the age factor and it is almost unbelievable that John is still with Us. I don't think it was Elvis that he saw this time - Pretty sure this time it was a way higer "Pay Grade" that helped him.

Huh! :oops:

Ok Roger, your new handle is Dr. Spock! :p

Well put Roger. Also take into account that he is medically speaking a "geriatric" patient with all of the issues that go along with that. Found a video that may help to shed light on the way the brain moves around in the skull during a traumatic deceleration.

Ok Roger, your new handle is Dr. Spock! :p
Can't be Dr. because in 1983 I quit the Doctorial Program I was in - Left the San Frenando Valley and moved to a real place to live in the mountains outside of Bakersfield. Beside that these race vehicles don't care at all about Labels. They are however a little easier to understand if you can use Math - Physics - Analytics and most of all try to develop a little "Common Sense". The last part seems to be the hardest.;)

I’d say it’s still valuable from a medical triage aspect and a forensic one. Especially considering the difference between what the racepak g meter experiences vs the actual helmet smacking sidebar padding or reaching the limit of HANS device travel. Surely neurologists have the ability to choose between different modalities based on G, and the helmet (or in the future, headsock, technology willing) mounted g meter would be about the best non-invasive data to go off of. If neurology isn’t quite there yet though, I defer to your thoughts.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back