John force (9 Viewers)

StarLink Now $299

I hope he retires from driving. I think enough of John Force to suggest - I repeat, suggest; it's obviously not my call - that he not climb back into a cruise missile, one capable of repeating the same scenario that sidelined him at any time, and try to guide it down a narrow lane at night at 340mph at age 75. He's expressed concern in the past for doing just that, sitting behind 11,000hp, looking through a slit of a windshield from inside a car filled with clutch dust. Going forward he'd be required to do that after suffering a 50G+ head slam that resulted in some degree of brain damage. You don't see as well at that age under the best of conditions; I don't care how tough you are. Time marches on and unfortunately it marches right across all of us.

He's a survivor's survivor but he's never taken a shot like this. John's a pragmatic man who wants to dance at his grandkids' wedding. Racing is his life but family is family. Regardless if whether or not the doctors and NHRA clear him to drive, I honestly don't believe he will. And in my opinion that will be one of the best decisions he'll ever make.
Racing is indeed his life. If he recovers to the point where he can come to the track, hang with the fans and assume the position of team owner and mentor I will be both amazed and nd happy for him. I think he would be pretty happy with that too.

Racing is indeed his life. If he recovers to the point where he can come to the track, hang with the fans and assume the position of team owner and mentor I will be both amazed and nd happy for him. I think he would be pretty happy with that too.
we would all be better if that happens

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back