John force (1 Viewer)

The sponsor “obligations” can wait. And will. Right now I can’t imagine anyone at JFR worrying about or focusing on getting that car back into competition anytime soon. Maybe out of respect for John it will never make another pass again.
THAT car is done. I'm sure another is/has been on the jig by now. Idk any of the Force family and only met Force once, and that was away from the track. The John I met, would agree with all the human factor things said since that pass. In the back of his mind, he'd be like, "f all that, I was having a great season, and on pace for number 17." Now two things. This could be a "life altering event" for him. Don't know him well enough to say. Also, he may have changed cognitively from the impact, and life altering event or not, his thinking on things may be different. Idk. But the John I met would want no coddling, no sympathy, just the ability and then the clearance from his Drs and nhra Drs to get back after it.

I'm sure his family has input to the Docs
True, but kind of like one of the drivers said in the tribute, it's really hard to communicate who he really is to someone who's not met him or experienced his world before.

If one takeaway from this occurs, maybe the NHRA Drs will staff a neurologist and psychiatrist on the competition clearance medical panel, if nothing else to be able to give a baseline to attending drs after an event. They travel the circuit and can give input because they know the teams. Kind of like a trainer and team Dr on an NFL team.

this showed up on FB today......blast from the past. honestly did not remember cristen behind the wheel of this FC.
check out the goracing.com decal on john's car! guessing 99 - 2001? there is a winston drag racing decal on inside of spill plate.
powerade was new for 2002.

Attachments

• JohnForce_CristenPowell.jpg
    JohnForce_CristenPowell.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
this showed up on FB today......blast from the past. honestly did not remember cristen behind the wheel of this FC.
check out the goracing.com decal on john's car! guessing very late 90's?
I seen that yesterday and was thinking the same thing.

check out the goracing.com decal on john's car! guessing very late 90's?
'Nater thread on Christen Powell. 2006

Got this on AP gives a few details on John and family.

Also has input from Graham Rahal that I've never read about.

The claim in the headline that John is in a California rehab facility is not backed up in the article. And his flight to the rehab facility was said to have taken 3 hours. You cannot fly from VA to CA in three hours.

The claim in the headline that John is in a California rehab facility is not backed up in the article. And his flight to the rehab facility was said to have taken 3 hours. You cannot fly from VA to CA in three hours.
The info I was trying to covey was Rahal's reaction and point of view of John's crash.
We all know the press is very stupid when it involves Drag Racing. I even saw an article saying John crashed in a NASCAR race.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back