John force (2 Viewers)

My wish for John Force:
In my post, I said nothing about being anti God or religion. I was pointing out that there were others that deserved credit for their actions - Especially the NHRA Safety Safari. I feel they never get the credit they deserve... as shown in all the previous posts. They are by far the most important element in NHRA drag racing. Far more than tract conditions or record setting passes. Anyone who has ever made a pass or has ever stood out on that track with a friend or loved one in a car, waiting to make a pass, deep down knows this. But I'm sure that the closest that some of you jockeys have ever been to a drag strip is against the fence.
As a fan for almost 40 yrs. I agree 100%. Watching the broadcasts especially nhra tv you can see how much the Safety Safari cares about the drivers. At the top end when they get out of the cars their all one big family. Really noticeable with the drivers out here for years, many members of the S.S. are not young either. Everyone travels to every race together, they are truly a close family that cares about each other.

In my post, I said nothing about being anti God or religion. I was pointing out that there were others that deserved credit for their actions - Especially the NHRA Safety Safari. I feel they never get the credit they deserve... as shown in all the previous posts. They are by far the most important element in NHRA drag racing. Far more than tract conditions or record setting passes. Anyone who has ever made a pass or has ever stood out on that track with a friend or loved one in a car, waiting to make a pass, deep down knows this. But I'm sure that the closest that some of you jockeys have ever been to a drag strip is against the fence.
Your beliefs are your business; not a problem at all either way in my opinion. I do disagree with the part about the Safety Safari never getting their deserved respect. It's been my experience that they get nothing but well-deserved respect. It's not constant; when there's no situation on the track the SS tends to fade into the background and people going to talk about other things until one occurs, but that has nothing to do with disrespect.

Boy, that is a really great picture of the family with John.

Regarding where the team goes from here right now, is Brittany going to be at the next race?

Ultimately, I would think Hight would get his ride back, with Austin Prock going over to John's car. But then where do the Jorden Vandergriff rumors fit in? Will he be taking over from Brittany if she steps aside to start a family?

If they use a fill-in driver, Beckman has a Real Job, so not sure he could take a 6 mos leave of absence from the elevator biz.

Does Tommy Johnson have a Real Job? I would think so. Doesn't he supply many of the teams with day-to-day supplies, like he did once for Schumacher's team? Is he free to drop everything and go racing full time?

How about hiring Terry Haddock to drive? Just kidding, but I bet Force's car would go just as fast with Haddock driving a real race car.

Force's team has many sponsor obligations. Of course many of them depended on Force being the driver, but I would still think the team needs to have a car back out there in a reasonable time frame, as there are many employees working on that team that I would think are still on the payroll. I imagine Robert still runs the operation while he attends to his health issue, so no doubt they have all been discussing the options.

Last edited:
Boy, that is a really great picture of the family with John.

Regarding where the team goes from here right now, is Brittany going to be at the next race?

Ultimately, I would think Hight would get his ride back, with Austin Prock going over to John's car. But then where do the Jorden Vandergriff rumors fit in? Will he be taking over from Brittany if she steps aside to start a family?

If they use a fill-in driver, Beckman has a Real Job, so not sure he could take a 6 mos leave of absence from the elevator biz.

Does Tommy Johnson have a Real Job? I would think so. Doesn't he supply many of the teams with day-to-day supplies, like he did once for Schumacher's team? Is he free to drop everything and go racing full time?

How about hiring Terry Haddock to drive? Just kidding, but I bet Force's car would go just as fast with Haddock driving a real race car.

Force's team has many sponsor obligations. Of course many of them depended on Force being the driver, but I would still think the team needs to have a car back out there in a reasonable time frame, as there are many employees working on that team that I would think are still open the payroll. I imagine Robert still runs the operation while he attends to his health issue, so no doubt they have all been discussing the options.
Tommy has a business supplying misc parts to many of the pro teams in Indy. He also does some custom woodwork. I don't see him having a problem if all he has to do is drive. I think Jack would have to give up his day job and hope to get it back. He also has a couple of kids he may not want to be away from that much but then again when do you get a chance to drive a top 5 car. If Jordan is going to do it they better get to practicing hard.

Tommy has a business supplying misc parts to many of the pro teams in Indy. He also does some custom woodwork. I don't see him having a problem if all he has to do is drive. I think Jack would have to give up his day job and hope to get it back. He also has a couple of kids he may not want to be away from that much but then again when do you get a chance to drive a top 5 car. If Jordan is going to do it they better get to practicing hard.
I thought TJ did candles as well or something like that, I hobby one wouldn't think a nitro driver would be into. :)
Or am I thinking of someone else?

I thought TJ did candles as well or something like that, I hobby one wouldn't think a nitro driver would be into. :)
Or am I thinking of someone else?
Hey - He stayed sharp on the Lights playing "Whak-A-Mole" with his nephew's Toy. I seems like it worked pretty well - what ever it takes to get the job done.

Where's Scotty Cannon? Jerry Toliver?
What's Dean Skuza up to these days? :)

Anyway, what a great and inspiring picture. My daughter who is a big racing fan and particularly fond of the Forces broke down in tears when i showed her that hospital picture. I'll admit, I shed a few myself. Not just because he's famous but because he's human and nothing is greater than having your family close in times of need. You can see the pain in his eyes but also the love. Hang in there, buddy; you're gonna win this race. 👍

TJ does live in Brownsburg, he supplies consumables, such as spark plugs, to most of the fuel teams. He also does some killer woodworking! As most here probably know, Tommy has driven my A/FC a few times since we got it built, most recently at the Cleetus & Cars event at Indy in May. As far as I know, and I may be wrong, but I think Jordan V has yet to get licensed, so that might not be feasible at the moment.

is Courtney up to date on her FC license?
Dunno; she's been out of the loop for quite a while.

They say the best way to deal with a horse wreck is to get back on the horse that threw you but in this case we're talking about a 330mph horse. John might not be too keen on putting one of his girls back in one after what just happened. TJ appears to be the best fit should Force Racing decide to put a replacement JF car back in action.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back