Jerry Eckman speaks out! (1 Viewer)

WOW

Long story but a great one. I remember the day the news broke about that like it was yesterday. Imagine what the message boards would of been like if the internet existed when that happened.

Hell we still talk about the dodge boys. Some people actually still deny they used NO2.

O-well it's a storied past.

WOW

Hell we still talk about the dodge boys. Some people actually still deny they used NO2.

O-well it's a storied past.

Can you imagine the look on the faces of the Tech guys if Alderman and Eckman teamed up and brought a car to them for inspection? Wouldn't that be a hoot??? :D

There was one PS Team back in '94-95 that went public on the Compu-serve forum admitting they had used NO2 at a race. No this was not the Dodge boys, But said NHRA tech had no clue to even look for it. I do remember who that team was, but since I don't remember all the details I best stay hush hush.

There was one PS Team back in '94-95 that went public on the Compu-serve forum admitting they had used NO2 at a race. No this was not the Dodge boys, But said NHRA tech had no clue to even look for it. I do remember who that team was, but since I don't remember all the details I best stay hush hush.

We all know who that was. Just by chance is this person #16 in the 6 second club?

The "other" team

I thought everybody knew about the fake battery deal.... :cool:

There was a big article in Super Stock & Drag Illustrated magazine about all that went down, and they explained exactly how they did it.

who was it???

interesting read, he didn't mention other teams names but I'm curious who some of the other teams were that he talked about.

I would think 10 years has been long enough

I believe it was one of Glidden's sons. Why the big secret? He made it public to show NHRA that it was in fact happening and he wanted to prove to them it could be done w/o them finding it. If he made it public years ago, why is it a secret now?

I think that was a great read. I can say that it changed my mind about him and the team. I am glad I got to read it. Sorry it turned out to be such a severe long lasting problem. :(

Thanks for posting the link.

Rapid

I believe it was one of Glidden's sons. Why the big secret? He made it public to show NHRA that it was in fact happening and he wanted to prove to them it could be done w/o them finding it. If he made it public years ago, why is it a secret now?

One thing I've learned posting on these Boards, be careful when posting a Racers name whan an accusation's bantered about....:rolleyes:

Cheating in motorsports has always been an ongoing issue. But the ones that get caught are like anyone else in any vocation, take your punishment and move forward in life.
There is a top 10 fuel car that has had numerous complaints and petitions filed but because of their sponsors commitments to host a few National events the NHRA says they find nothing illegal w/ the car.
I will drop hints as the year goes on.......

"You can always 'bend' the rules, just don't break em"

The nitrous deal was exposed by Rusty Glidden....according to Super Stock Illustrated....what a great mag gone away...

Joe, that's why I posted, I wasn't making an accusation, I just thought it was common knowledge. A lot of people have probably forgotten or never knew, since it's been a few years.

Cheating in motorsports has always been an ongoing issue. But the ones that get caught are like anyone else in any vocation, take your punishment and move forward in life.
There is a top 10 fuel car that has had numerous complaints and petitions filed but because of their sponsors commitments to host a few National events the NHRA says they find nothing illegal w/ the car.
I will drop hints as the year goes on.......

"You can always 'bend' the rules, just don't break em"

One of the issues of the time was that there was no written nitrous rule. The horse was out of the barn for a couple of years before NHRA responded.

That was an excellent opportunity for Jerry to speak out. Heaven knows we have all spoken out about him enough without knowing his side of the story.

I needed to read that!

I too remember this story when it broke. I am glad that his side of the story finally came out. I wish him all the best.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back