It isn't just NHRA having attendance problems... (1 Viewer)

its funny... NASCAR is down in attendance.. we will blame economy... and it down on ratings for tv... what do you blame that on?...lol..

part i don't understnad.. NHRA is down..but not as much percentage wise.. haven't heard if tv is down.. but i dout it.. yest its still hard to get new sponsorships involcved... we have to get that part turned around and we are one up on the NASCAR guys....:D

Billy

Look at how many more events---both NHRA and NASCAR---we have now as opposed to say 25 years ago. And basically in some series, arent we seeing pretty much the same thing year after year with basically the same participants. Throw in hundreds of other events---Nationwide, truck series, local tracks, and also other drag racing series---not to mention ADRL with its FREE admission ticket and you have a lot of saturation. Mix in todays stagnant economy with lots of households just trying to keep the mortgage paid and that all adds up to lots of empty seats. Tight money means you make smarter decisions. I spent about $1200 going to Pomona this year and never would have made the trip were it not for the 50th anniversary display with the old race cars. I spent much more time in the car corral than in the stands watching the races. I can only afford to do this a couple or so times a year, so it has to be for a special deal. Everything costs so much more now--you really cant say the tracks are greedy, because their expenses are through the roof just like everyone elses. Our current economic situation will significantly change the overall landscape of all motorsports. The strong will survive and the weak will be left in the wake. Just my 2 cents worth and probably overpriced at that.

Look at how many more events---both NHRA and NASCAR---we have now as opposed to say 25 years ago. And basically in some series, arent we seeing pretty much the same thing year after year with basically the same participants. Throw in hundreds of other events---Nationwide, truck series, local tracks, and also other drag racing series---not to mention ADRL with its FREE admission ticket and you have a lot of saturation. Mix in todays stagnant economy with lots of households just trying to keep the mortgage paid and that all adds up to lots of empty seats. Tight money means you make smarter decisions. I spent about $1200 going to Pomona this year and never would have made the trip were it not for the 50th anniversary display with the old race cars. I spent much more time in the car corral than in the stands watching the races. I can only afford to do this a couple or so times a year, so it has to be for a special deal. Everything costs so much more now--you really cant say the tracks are greedy, because their expenses are through the roof just like everyone elses. Our current economic situation will significantly change the overall landscape of all motorsports. The strong will survive and the weak will be left in the wake. Just my 2 cents worth and probably overpriced at that.

Mike lets not forget the Explosion of Movie theaters in the past 25 years! There are SOO Many more entertainment options than before. Having said that we weren't taklking about this just 3-4 years ago, so that tells me it's the Economy more than anything!

I was a loyal attendee at the Springs at National trail and Indy for 25 years.
I've lost interest for three reasons.

1st.
It's redundant
The cars are all the same.
I look back on the days of Diamond Dave and that short fueler going against Big's latest creation. Billy Meyer and that slick 7/11 Mustang, The Candies & Hughs Firebird, and the King facing off with truly different bodies.
Then, there was always Bob Gotschalk or Ron Correnti to set fire to the place when you left the stands to get something to drink.
It's all so incredibly redundant now that I just couldn't care less who wins.
I know technology marches on, as well as ways to make things fair, but this is a prime definition of jumping the shark..

2nd.
1000' racing.
I know it's for the best, but the best is long gone.

3rd.
I don't do "the chase" thing in any motorsportsports.
It isn't a representitave of the best.
A champion is the points leader when the season's grind is over, not the guy with a string of good luck at the end of the year.

I'm good for the ESPN show if I run across it, but I would rather watch a rerun of "The Deadliest Catch" It's much more interesting.

I was a loyal attendee at the Springs at National trail and Indy for 25 years.
I've lost interest for three reasons.

1st.
It's redundant
The cars are all the same.
I look back on the days of Diamond Dave and that short fueler going against Big's latest creation. Billy Meyer and that slick 7/11 Mustang, The Candies & Hughs Firebird, and the King facing off with truly different bodies.
Then, there was always Bob Gotschalk or Ron Correnti to set fire to the place when you left the stands to get something to drink.
It's all so incredibly redundant now that I just couldn't care less who wins.
I know technology marches on, as well as ways to make things fair, but this is a prime definition of jumping the shark..

2nd.
1000' racing.
I know it's for the best, but the best is long gone.

3rd.
I don't do "the chase" thing in any motorsportsports.
It isn't a representitave of the best.
A champion is the points leader when the season's grind is over, not the guy with a string of good luck at the end of the year.

I'm good for the ESPN show if I run across it, but I would rather watch a rerun of "The Deadliest Catch" It's much more interesting.

George, I think you would love the Nostalgia circuit, sounds more to your liking! As for the 1000'....I thought at first when NHRA made that change that the crowds didn't care! Since then I have run into at least 12-15 friends who were regulars at 2 or more races per year, and have since lost interest and quit going!

George, I think you would love the Nostalgia circuit, sounds more to your liking! As for the 1000'....I thought at first when NHRA made that change that the crowds didn't care! Since then I have run into at least 12-15 friends who were regulars at 2 or more races per year, and have since lost interest and quit going!

I think if someone really searches for the answers,
It's on this page.

Favorite Race Car Ever voting: 1980s and Beyond

Again, redundancy is killing the NHRA, and really killing Nascar.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back