Is Ray Alley still the crew chief? (2 Viewers)

Someone refresh my memory. What funny car tuning experience did Jimmy Prock have before joing John Force Racing?

Who is hot as a crew chief tuning a driver to consistent times and performances?

Jimmy W. may do very well, it is very premature to say he won't.

MaC

I will bet if Jimmy does not get the car in the show, there will be more changes. KB has to do everything he can to keep Monster happy or they will make changes themselves.

Point taken, but I've seemed to have taken this whole deal personally.

As my youngest so nicely pointed out to me at lunch today, "Dad, you've always have so not been a Bernstien fan... I think you're pissed he let Mr. Alley go, then, took JR's crew chief. And Father (he calls me father when I'm being childish) I like Monster and I'm not going to stop drinking it. Anything tastes better than Red Bull..."

So there you have it, I've find something else to mix my Jagger with, and I'll stick generally with my bourbon and cola... or coffee and sugar for an "energy" drink...

First off I think it is wrong for Kenny to do this. He used to be one of my favorite drivers. I also think it is wrong for Jimmy to leave but that is because I am selfish and want to see J.R. do great this year.
But how many of us have been on one job all of our life, never leaving it for more money, better conditions, etc. Or better yet I know we have some business persons here. To you, I know you seen someone who you thought would help make your company more money but they were working for someone else. You never thought of offering them a job.
Like so many have said, it is a business, we may not agree but all we can do is not buy there product.

Someone refresh my memory. What funny car tuning experience did Jimmy Prock have before joing John Force Racing?

Who is hot as a crew chief tuning a driver to consistent times and performances?

MaC

Excellent point Dave!

Someone refresh my memory. What funny car tuning experience did Jimmy Prock have before joining John Force
Racing?

Jimmy Prock used to work on the Kalitta team a long time ago and he may have worked on Scott's funny car. That was a different animal back then!

Jimmy Walsh will be fine. I bet they will be testing the heck out of the car!

Sitting in the trailer..going over data with Coil/Fedderly & Medlin had to help Prock's learning curve a bit, eh?

MaC

Jimmy's dad- although it may not have been under modern circumstances, it absolutely would influence his work ethic, engineering background and knowledge of the class. And DMac, as you know, some of the best things of today's racing come from knowledge of the past...:D

someone refresh my memory, how did Alan johnson, do when he switched to FC. I think thats a better example of how difficult it is !!

jf

In today's "Musical Chairs" for Crew Chiefs, who could blame a guy for trying to make the most out of a deal. He knows how short lived this or any top job can be, and I am sure he, like Ray, has a Golden Parachutes sewn into the deal.
I have known JR since he drove for Bruce Litton, and I wish JR much success, but in the end, it is as they say "Cubic Dollars" to make this sport go fast, and KB obviously has more then JR's team or I am sure they would have countered the offer if they had the means. Does that make it bad for the sport... History will tell... But I can't really call Jimmy out for something 99.9% of us would have done! In the end, who else is going to pay his bills? Who ?

I wish Jimmy a very bright future, and I know JR will continue to be a serious player in the field!

Flame Away

MaC

I think Jimmy started out in Funny Car, if memory serves correctly he worked on Tom McEwen's car in 86, ( a team that won 2 races with Bill Schultz as crew chief) and then went to work on John Martin's car ( a car that went to a couple of final rounds 88 Brainerd and 89 Baton Rouge) and then I believe he worked with Dick LaHaie for 1990 and 1991 and then really made a name for himself in 1992 with Cory Mac.

I think Jimmy started out in Funny Car, if memory serves correctly he worked on Tom McEwen's car in 86, ( a team that won 2 races with Bill Schultz as crew chief) and then went to work on John Martin's car ( a car that went to a couple of final rounds 88 Brainerd and 89 Baton Rouge) and then I believe he worked with Dick LaHaie for 1990 and 1991 and then really made a name for himself in 1992 with Cory Mac.

I'd say your memory is working pretty good.

Now, to all the people giving Alan Johnson a hard time about his days as crew chief of the White Cap Toyota... GET REAL! Too many factors going into that one. New car, new driver, a body that had never been down a track before, and so on. At least that car had potential when it ran. KB has made what, 3 full passes in how many tries?? 30? With other teams help???
I'm sorry but why suffer anymore. I'll bet in Gainesvillethat the first time the car goes past the 330 without feeling like he's been riding the paint shaker at home depot he will feel like it's all worth it.

Like Bob Dylan said, Times they are a changin'.

35 passes between Pomona and Phoenix alone... Total # of full pulls.... 1...... Can anyone ride the paint shakers at Home Depot?? Sounds like fun...:p

I can not even begin to tell you how funny I find it that no matter how rich you are (excluding Conrad)you still have to pay at least one RACER to get your ass qualified.

someone refresh my memory, how did Alan Johnson, do when he switched to FC. I think thats a better example of how difficult it is !!

jf

Truth be told, Alan had a Top five car if you add up the points, after Sarver. Additionally, the car also had one of the quicker e.t.'s that year. I'm not attempting to diminish the degree of difficulty, but to label Alan as unsuccessful is a lot less than accurate. I'd guess if he stayed the course he would've been at the top of the flopper game.

If I had to bet, I'd wager that Walsh will be competitive. Bernstein made a good move. If Walsh was not under contract, and it appears he wasn't, shame on his former employers. Without a contract, integrity is a non-issue.

I wouldn't drink any of the energy drinks personally, they're all crap.

Good luck to all.

It's kind of strange that whenever he was interviewed by ESPN during the first two races KB was quick to credit the support from the fans, I wonder if he still feels that way after this thread? This latest move by KB combined with the upcoming Rock Star sponsorship of Toliver, makes it an easy decision as to which energy drink to buy.

Re: Berstein-Poacher

I have never seen a bunch of crying babies like some of you here. Everyone needs to remember this is a business and you should leave your feelings at the door when it comes to business. Why aren't you upset with Tuttle for not having an enforceable contract to keep him with the team throughout the year? Business is cutthroat at times and this is a perfect example. If you were in Bernstein shoes you wouldn't have made a similar decision? If you wanted to be successful you would!

Paul this is one thing regarding KB that I whole heartedly agree with you on.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back