Is Larry Morgan ruining the sport of drag racing? (1 Viewer)

Greg

Nitro Member
I find it funny how people say Force is the only organization who dives, he's ruining the sport, blah blah blah.....did you even watch Pro Stock? While Larry Morgan was surfing around in his lane, John Nobile was building up a sizable lead in the other. Then it was like Nobile realized he was way out on the boss and thought it best to push in the clutch. Larry was able to drive around him for the win. So why is that different? Why does it not generate the same controversy? And NO I'm not saying Larry is ruining the sport at all, just wanted to make some people think.

So why is that different? Why does it not generate the same controversy?

It probably would generate the same controversy over on PROSTOCKmater, but this is NITROmater...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to take anything away from the Pro Stock class but the majority of people on this site don't follow Pro Stock as closely as they do the nitro classes.

It's because you don't have Greg and Jason calling him a cheater on TV. LOL. If that wasn't a blatant dive, I don't know what is!!!!

Who really cares?? It doesn't matter,neither one is in the countdown and it has no effect on the points.Nobile is going Ford next year with Morgan power,so I'm sure he was giving one for a future discount.

It probably would generate the same controversy over on PROSTOCKmater, but this is NITROmater...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to take anything away from the Pro Stock class but the majority of people on this site don't follow Pro Stock as closely as they do the nitro classes.

whaaaatttt? Maybe I'm missing something here and could very well be. I have been on this site since inception somewhere around 2000 I think? Used to be more of a DRAG RACING site in general with a more healthy dose of Scotty Cannon leading the way. Now it is mostly whining or argueing about who dives the most, or stuff that happens and doesn't get approval from the "experts" on here first for their valuable input. Met some pro names at off track events because of here and met some other racers and fans that have become very good personal friends because of the love of drag racing. Nitro classes? yeah they are a fan favorite, but if you can't appreciate the technology, advancement and workmanship that goes into Prostock, with most times the driver being very hands on, then I would consider you more a casual fan than a true drag racing fan. This goes for all the other classes as well imo.(ok, maybe not the delayboxers ;)) My ass is always in the seat or on the rail when the sportsman classes run.
Run whatcha brung and hope ya brung enough.

Nobile was using Morgans backup car, backup motor, etc....not a good idea to beat him with his own stuff.....

whaaaatttt? Maybe I'm missing something here and could very well be. I have been on this site since inception somewhere around 2000 I think? Used to be more of a DRAG RACING site in general with a more healthy dose of Scotty Cannon leading the way. Now it is mostly whining or argueing about who dives the most, or stuff that happens and doesn't get approval from the "experts" on here first for their valuable input. Met some pro names at off track events because of here and met some other racers and fans that have become very good personal friends because of the love of drag racing. Nitro classes? yeah they are a fan favorite, but if you can't appreciate the technology, advancement and workmanship that goes into Prostock, with most times the driver being very hands on, then I would consider you more a casual fan than a true drag racing fan. This goes for all the other classes as well imo.(ok, maybe not the delayboxers ;)) My ass is always in the seat or on the rail when the sportsman classes run.
Run whatcha brung and hope ya brung enough.

Relax Bob,

I wasn't saying anything bad about this site or the Pro Stock class in general. I love all classes in drag racing..... including the sportsman classes! I've spent more time at the track during bracket races and divisional events than I ever will at national events.

I was just saying IN GENERAL, the majority of this site is made up of hard core nitro fans. This site is kinda like the grandstand at a national event. Ever see what happens when the nitro cars are finished running? Don't shoot the messenger! ;)

Last edited:
Lack of crybabies in the Pro Stock class. Control over rounds is a part of the sport whether anyone likes it or not.

Thread title is totally inappropriate and disrespectful towards one of the best guys this "sport" still has out there.

Numerous other ways this could have been posted without resorting to this type of remark.

Who really cares?? It doesn't matter,neither one is in the countdown and it has no effect on the points.Nobile is going Ford next year with Morgan power,so I'm sure he was giving one for a future discount.

Bingo, someone who gets it. That race had nothing to do with the outcome of who won yesterday and had no impact on the championship.

What's wrong with the title? It's simply a question, it doesn't make a statement. Larry is one of my favorites, and he is one of the best in the sport. Since so many people here think that other teams are "ruining" the sport when something like that is done, then I felt it an appropriate question to ask. I also specified in my first post that I in no way was saying Larry was ruining anything. He is a great man, and a fantastic racer. I just wanted to see what the response would be when the situation doesn't involve Force, Pedregon or Shumacher.

If the Force/Pedregon scenario at Indy played out in Pro stock, and it involved sponsored multi-car teams in and out of the Top 10 I bet it would flare up every bit as The Fuel classes.

I don't care what the circumstances, I want the driver in the cockpit to want to win the race! This may be asking a bit much.....I'm learning.

It's no different than NHRA's scripted countdown......:rolleyes:
Diving has been a part of this sport since teams have formed the countdown has just made it more prevalent. :cool:

What's wrong with the title? It's simply a question, it doesn't make a statement. Larry is one of my favorites, and he is one of the best in the sport. Since so many people here think that other teams are "ruining" the sport when something like that is done, then I felt it an appropriate question to ask. I also specified in my first post that I in no way was saying Larry was ruining anything. He is a great man, and a fantastic racer. I just wanted to see what the response would be when the situation doesn't involve Force, Pedregon or Shumacher.

Okay Greg, keep that in mind when someone starts a thread asking, "Is Greg Duffield a complete douche?"

And then the first line is "Well of course I don't think he is! I love him more than life itself...he saved my 6 children from a swimming pool...."

Would that be okay with you?

See what I'm getting at? Think his sponsor's want to see initial titles like that?

Last edited:
Okay Greg, keep that in mind when someone starts a thread asking, "Is Greg Duffield a complete douche?"

And then the first line is "Well of course I don't think he is! I love him more than life itself...he saved my 6 children from a swimming pool...."

Would that be okay with you?

If there was a legitimate basis for it.....I would expect it. I guess I'm just not as thin skinned as some of you. I don't really care. Some of you seem to be missing the point.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back