Indy Essentials? (1 Viewer)

Okay, Indy is getting close and it's the first 'big race' that I've ever went to. I just want to make sure that I have everything packed that will be needed at a race. This is where you all come in...;)

Some of you have gone to so many races over the years. What are the 'must haves' and 'for heaven's sake, what did I ever bring that for' that you'd care to relate? I have the sunblock, a hat, sunglasses - what else?

Can't possibly begin to tell you how excited I am to go to this race. I want to meet John Force and yes, Kelly, I'm planning on finally meeting Ron, too. :) We can't go to the DSR Open House because the pastor's recovering from surgery so my workload is heavier but, hopefully, most of the racers will be at the track.

Thanks for your input!
Linda
aka Fast455

Linda... I know you are excited about going to Indy... & you did receive some very good advice here.. however, if you listen to "ALL" of it you will need a FOOD CARRIAGE from A&P to carry all you "Stuff" :) also you will need 2 helpers to help you get it all up to your seat..

To be honest as I mentioned before.. all I take is $$ binoculars.. & I pick up a free copy or 2 of National Dragster to sit on in the stands... Travel as light as you possibly can... trust me its a very long day to carry all the S**T around.. :)

Linda... I know you are excited about going to Indy... & you did receive some very good advice here.. however, if you listen to "ALL" of it you will need a FOOD CARRIAGE from A&P to carry all you "Stuff" :) also you will need 2 helpers to help you get it all up to your seat..

To be honest as I mentioned before.. all I take is $$ binoculars.. & I pick up a free copy or 2 of National Dragster to sit on in the stands... Travel as light as you possibly can... trust me its a very long day to carry all the S**T around.. :)

John,

You make good points there about lugging all that stuff around. I know the feeling. Actually, I used to do the same thing you suggested, grab one or two ND's and use them for padding, and other than substituting my camera for your binoculars, I traveled just about as light. When I'm solo, that's what I usually do, but this past year decided to go the comfort route with the stadium seats, and they were fairly light, but cumbersome even folded up, although they come with sholder straps which helped. I changed my tune this past year when I finally convinced my wife to join me at the races. I figured I better make her experience as comfortable as possible or she'd be wanting to head home by lunchtime. And you know what, she even tried to pull that on me anyways, but I didn't budge as I told her we drove too far to watch one round of Pro qualifying, and she was gonna have to cool her jets. The day was hot and somewhat miserable in the sun up to that point (mid-80's) at the Gators, but then some clouds and breezes moved in, and that made all the difference in the world. We ended up staying until 6:00 pm or possibly a bit later.

So the best advice is travel light, and if some of this stuff is somewhat unnecessary, leave it in the car, and hopefully you can park close enough to get to it if need be.

The Jacket idea is a very sensible idea...I have been there before as the temp dropped all day, and was very chilly toward late afternoon.
Just leave it in the car, just in case.
I, also, am more concerned about traveling light. What we always do is NOT eat all day (start with a good breakfast) and just hydrate, then after the race we go to Steak-n-shake in Plainfield.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back