Indoor Burnouts? (1 Viewer)

I think the people were in Grandstands behind a wall, it didn't say but I'll bet my Ass they took a lot of precautions!:eek:

No worries Mitch, just the way most threads here have been going lately i am waiting for a know it all to stand in and take fire.

Nothing was aimed you guys.

Roll on Pomona for people to have something positive to talk about. Hopefully Urs making the field with a stout number!

Autosport-International is Europe's biggest motorsport show. They debuted the Live Action Arena in 1994 with all manner of circuit machinery hammering around a short indoor track. At long last, drag racing managed to enter the show this year. The cars burned out along the "back straight", so well away from the seated fans (5,500 per show). The teams were putting in 5 shows a day on Sat. and Sun, so quite tough on the machinery.
Yes, read the Eurodragster reports that Daniel mentions.

This was the first time it was done at Autosport and they have raced circuit cars in that arena for years.

It was very safety orientated so no need for people to slam it...

Full report, pictures and video here by Eurodragster:
Event Updates

Dan

That was awesome! Looked like a safe environment, no fans standing 20' from the car! Can you imagine what a Fuel car would sound like in there? :eek:

That was awesome! Looked like a safe environment, no fans standing 20' from the car! Can you imagine what a Fuel car would sound like in there? :eek:

Yes, wouldn't that be something? Robinson's Pro Mod sounded epic enough but one can't see our Health & Safety folks allowing a fueler, even to rap the throttle on jackstands. Still, one can dream. Now they've got drag racing into the show, let's hope they can build on it.

first time my father hit the throttle in a funny car with the wheels on the ground was on dirt at an indoor arena

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back