HD Partners' Acquisition of NHRA Will NOT Go Through? (1 Viewer)

Greg,

The Video and Photo archives are worth something... as far as merchandise, team items yes, but I won't buy something because it says NHRA on it.

The ONLY reason I am an NHRA member is for the audiocast. The only piece of clothing I own with the NHRA logo on it is a hat I bought at the track Because it was Raining... Not because it said NHRA...

but, that's me... your mileage may vary....

d'kid

Wonder why they voted it down? In my admittedly amateur estimation, the physical assets of Gainesville, Atlanta, Indy and Columbus should be worth more than 120 million. You get a viable professional racing series thrown in with those assets ....

I'm willing to bet that HD Partners wasn't worried about the value of the asset, I think they were worried about liability claims bankrupting the company after watching the recent fatal and near fatal crashes in the pro ranks.

I'm curious why so many believe that Burton is the answer?

I don't have any opinion of him one way or the other but there seems to be so much Burton Love going around I wondered what it was based off of.

Personally the Baders would be great

Look at Bruton's tracks.That alone should say something.Granted, he's in it for the $$$ too,but he builds some 1st class facilities.

I agree the Bader's would be a good fit too,but do they have the $$$???

Re: Hmm...HDP at 7.90

Stock closed at it's 52 week high.

and HDP goes....poof:rolleyes:
HDP: Announces Results of Special Meeting of Holders

Nice... Ya think the company just decided to eradicate itself? :rolleyes: Doubtful...

Was NHRA a chip to be disbursed during the disolve? Probably..

Who would have been standing there with a bucket of money for a company (NOT NHRA at that point) offering it to HDP, who would have been looking to liqiudate at a small (????) profit? Paging Mr. Smith...;)

Do you think he would have bought it with all those Golden Parachutes in place? Yeah, right...:rolleyes: It would have been a slaughter on a scale unseen in professional sports.

Guess the point I was trying to make originally was that any one billionaire is not necessarily a panacea for all the ails which the sport is facing right now.

Plus, didn't we just go through this very recently? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Trust me, the supposed billionaire that has caused so many problems is a completely different entity than Mr. Smith. Do ya think that Bruton didn't know that this was going to happen before he committed $60,000,000 to build the "Belagio of Drag Strips"?
He can write a personal check and buy NHRA as an individual . . . avoiding the issue of the FTC wanting to see NHRA's books - :eek:

Looks like the sportsman days would have been numbered at the National Events if this had gone through. To much reading for me (over 295,000 words :eek:), oh well.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1347006/000110465907090689/a07-15468_4defm14a.htm

Association Drag Racing Access Agreement

The 23 National Events at which Professional Drag Racing currently takes place (commonly known as the POWERade Series) include certain non-professional Association sponsored races (the “NE Association Races”) which take place at the National Events between the various rounds of Professional Drag Racing. HDP and the Association have provided for that relationship to continue pursuant to the Association Drag Racing Access Agreement, which will be entered into between HDP and the Association upon the closing of the Asset Acquisition. The Association has the right to require HDP to continue to conduct NE Association Races at the National Events to the same extent as conducted during the 2006 racing season. Commencing with the 2013 NHRA racing season until the expiration of the Association

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drag Racing Access Agreement, HDP shall have the right to reduce the number of vehicles competing in NE Association Races conducted at existing national series and existing National Events by up to ten (10%) percent per year, up to an aggregate reduction in NE Association Races of fifty (50%) percent. The term of the Association Drag Racing Access Agreement is 25 years, subject to automatic one-year renewals unless HDP has elected to allow the agreement to terminate on the then current expiration date.

During the term of the Association Drag Racing Access Agreement an annual access fee of $800,000 shall be paid by the Association to HDP in return for the access provided for in this agreement, subject to a proportionate reduction if HDP exercises its right to reduce the number of vehicles racing in the National Events.

"HDP is obligated, with respect to the NE Association Races that it conducts at the National Events to provide certain benefits such as trophies and purses, subject to cost sharing provisions. Specifically, HDP must provide: (i) cash purses, trophies, other awards and award ceremonies, and sportsman performance benefits, for NE Association Races; and (ii) HDP shall have the right to collect and retain for its account all participant entry fees, additional participant credential fees, late fees and transfer fees for those participating in the NE Association Races, although generally the Association shall have the right to determine the amounts thereof. The Association shall reimburse HDP for 50% of the prize monies for all NE Association Races conducted at National Events up to a maximum amount of $1,032,000, subject to certain permitted reimbursement exclusions and increases, and for the cost of trophies and other non-cash prizes for such races."

I'm curious why so many believe that Burton is the answer?

I don't have any opinion of him one way or the other but there seems to be so much Burton Love going around I wondered what it was based off of.

Personally the Baders would be great

Because we know of, and have followed, the business of Bruton (NOT Burton) Smith for years. It ain't about love, it's about business. As a famous man once said "Business is business, and love is bullshi_." NHRA brass have never shown (nor shone) they know anything about business. We all know they know about the other.

Re: Sale of NHRA Assets Off

I'm glad it didn't. I don't trust that the property was going to be in good hands. Who knows, they could have liquidated that property a few years down the road. It needs to be in the hands of people that love the sport. I don't know what NHRA was thinking. Wait I do....$$$$

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back