HD Partners' Acquisition of NHRA Will NOT Go Through? (1 Viewer)

Seen all this before- bad economy, gas prices gone through the roof, Drag Racing as we know it is dead...- All happened in 72-74...

The sport, like most others, metamorphized and grew from there.. I personally am looking forward to the next incarnation of the NHRA post-HDP. Maybe the next group that comes in will have a historical heart in the sport and a vision of the future that doesnt stray too far from the the sport's past.

(No, not more Nostalgia classes- more the idea that its about the racers coming in and engineering themselves faster instead of buying their way to the winner's circle, and families coming in to fun, affordable entertainment)

Drag Racing is not doomed, look around, new state of the art track in Charlotte, state of the art facility last year in Norwalk, new upgrades to Memphis, top of the line upgrades in Gainseville, there is definitely a reason why all of this money is being pumped into these facilities.

The reason that I would like to see Bruton get the NHRA is that he would surely promote the sport to the level that it deserves, he would bring in new sponsors, and he would make it to where drivers and team owners made the big $$$ that they should be making. Glendora has never done much to promote the sport, and never will if things stay status quo.

Ya know, last nite on the local news, Bruton said that Rick Hendricks is building a drag car. Maybe there is a light.

How'd you like that Shelly Anderson reference?

Ya know, last nite on the local news, Bruton said that Rick Hendricks is building a drag car. Maybe there is a light.QUOTE]

Oh that's great. Just what our sport needs, a CONVICTED FELON involved. That will surely make our sport look good.:(

Dave
There have been many CONVICTED FELON's involved in this sport, and I'm sure there will continue to be many .................................:rolleyes:

Oh that's great. Just what our sport needs, a CONVICTED FELON involved. That will surely make our sport look good.:(

Dave
Dave, if I ran down the list of convicted felons, gangsters, murderers and other shady characters that have been involved in big time drag racing, your head would pop off.

I think we should blame this on the countdown ?:eek:

I'm so done with NHRA this year. If it wasn't for the fact that our local bracket track and ET finals at the end of year are NHRA I would let all my licenses and membership stuff expire.

I'm going IHRA racing this year.

No but if this does fall through then nhra can blame the countdown idea on HdP, drop the welfare format and all will be forgiven :D

PJ
I'm so not going there...

So I'm confused... if the proxy vote hasn't happened yet, how can the call be made, unless one party already had controlling votes and the proxy vote was just a formality.

d'kid

I think we should blame this on the countdown ?:eek:

I'm so done with NHRA this year. If it wasn't for the fact that our local bracket track and ET finals at the end of year are NHRA I would let all my licenses and membership stuff expire.

I'm going IHRA racing this year.

At least you have that option.

The PRO racers need to get together and form an association of their own. It has worked in another form of professional sport that I know of. And worked well.

The NHRA will survive and prosper with or without HD Partners.
The NHRA will survive and prosper with or without Tom Compton.
The NHRA will survive and prosper with or without Bruton Smith.
The NHRA will survive and prosper with or without the PRO.
The NHRA will survive and prosper with or without The Countdown.
The NHRA will survive and prosper with or without Evan Knoll.
The NHRA will survive and prosper with or without ESPN.
The NHRA will survive and prosper with or without me or you.

I've been reading and hearing about the imminent demise of the NHRA for 37 years. Is the NHRA perfect? Of course not, but I think they do a damn good job. I for one don't miss the old days when the Indy Nats were shown in November and shared time with figure skating and log rolling on Wide World of Sports. I just read on another thread that a Mater bought a 3-day ticket to the Lowe's Carolinas Nationals for $99! That's a hell of a good value in my book!

Drag Racing is not doomed, look around, new state of the art track in Charlotte, state of the art facility last year in Norwalk, new upgrades to Memphis, top of the line upgrades in Gainseville, there is definitely a reason why all of this money is being pumped into these facilities.

The reason that I would like to see Bruton get the NHRA is that he would surely promote the sport to the level that it deserves, he would bring in new sponsors, and he would make it to where drivers and team owners made the big $$$ that they should be making. Glendora has never done much to promote the sport, and never will if things stay status quo.

I'd bet everything on Bruton buying the NHRA by the end of 2008....Its more of a lock than the Patriots in the Super Bowl this year...

Wouldn't people 35 years ago be saying the same thing about Ontario Motor Speedway, Dallas International, and Orange County?

It is easy to see that is far from a done deal. Will it happen?? Don't know, I don't have a crystal ball. At this point the NHRA is not presenting a very good face on all of this. Put yourself in the place of a prospective buyer and look at the situation. What would you do???

So what happens if they don't approve the deal?? Does the people in charge now say that the NHRA Pro is no longer for sale???? What if bruton smith offers the same money for the NHRA but without the present administration as part of the deal? Wiil they ( the powers that be) decide against it? You know this whole thing could get really messy.....

Also there is a third oprion and that is the HD group does buy it and flips it over to Bruton. So many possibilities.

jim

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back