HD Partners' Acquisition of NHRA Will NOT Go Through? (1 Viewer)

stroke.gif

Wally left this earth thinking that sportsman drag racing was financially set for the next several decades. Now, that doesn't look so.

If any of the current crop of NHRA honchos make it to heaven, Wally will probably be waiting at the Pearly Gates ready to introduce their backsides to his size 12.

It's difficult to say what's going to happen but if they were going to sell it, it probably should have been sold to Bruton Smith. Perhaps the NHRA brass wasn't going to make out like bandits under Smith like they would have through HD Partners so it wasn't for sale until Eddie Hardlestien came along. I'm glad this deal is getting nixed. We can't trust the future of the sport to some sharpie speculators or worse liquidators.

Rich, I agree with you 100%.Bruton should have bought NHRA.
Chris, some rumors indicated that Bruton would have purchased from HD Partners but as I understand the HD deal Compton and the boys in Glendora were secure in remaining at the helm which would never work with Mr. Smith.

I believe we can safely say the NHRA brass have secured their future for as long as the game is played and as long as no other competing sanctioning body betters their program.

I hope this isn't true, I was hoping this aquisition and subsequent sharholdere responsibility would force the NHRA/HDP to MARKET and GROW the sport.

S/F
D

What Tom Compton actually said is the economy has left the deal in a lerch. That's what he said today during the press conference.

Well I guess this explains why we haven't heard much about this lately.

I was doubtful about this deal closing. This has taken a long time, and the stock has been gradually drifting down, it's under 7 now. IMO, the concept of being a public entity with access to public capital is a good one, however, I felt this deal was priced to low, and we could end up seeing some cherished racetracks such as Indy and Gainesville, being flipped to produce profits. Whether it's Bruton or someone else, public entity or private, drag racing needs people at the helm that know racing and how to promote it.

What Tom Compton actually said is the economy has left the deal in a lerch. That's what he said today during the press conference.

Looks like Compton has found a place to put the blame on if they lose this deal.
If there's a place to race, the racers will be there, an adjustment in the economy will not dampen their spirits, we're the most loyal group out there.:)

Does this mean the Bentley goes back?
Now that's some funny chit Wayne, Most definitely goes back!

The U.S. economy truly is the worst enemy of Drag Racing today. As mantioned, the best thing that could come from this is it landing in the hands of Bruton Smith.

Be carefull what you wish for regarding Smith.

There are some real shenanigans going on down here in Ft Worth, over who actually owns mineral rights to the Texas Motor Speedway property. TMS sits on top of the Barnett Shale natural gas formation.

Ya'll can google if ya want to know more. Big $$$. Big fight...

I'm curious why so many believe that Burton is the answer?

I don't have any opinion of him one way or the other but there seems to be so much Burton Love going around I wondered what it was based off of.

Personally the Baders would be great

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back