How much fun must this be?? (1 Viewer)

I’ve spent a lot of money at that Speed Zone in Dallas. It’s along I-35E at the Walnut Hill exit.
Those things are some kind of fun. The finish line comes up fast and the wall is close. Thankfully the automatic braking system hauls you down quickly.
Hint; make sure your belts are tight before you run. The braking system is supposedly simulating a parachute stop. The negative G-force was higher than I expected the first time I made a run. I moved more than I liked on that first stop.

Atlanta used to have one of these. Stopped in while on a business trip years ago. I remember there being a line on the course where you had to hit a shift point. The closer to perfect you hit it the better the run

I know this is an older video but sometimes these old threads appear at the top of my feed.

Looks like the ride in Dallas is closed so maybe this could be a good thread to list other locations?

I know Kissimmee FL has one (https://theotherorlando.com/contents/chapters/14/skycoast.html). When I used to live in FL we would end up over there from time to time and every time I was there I would spot Al Hofmann just hanging out near the fence. Guess even in retirement he couldn't get away.

Hey, no problem. Just drive I-17 in Phoenix, where "the speed limit is just a suggestion". heh heh

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back