A must read (1 Viewer)

That is a great read.

We have a un written rule in the house we don't leave the house or end a phone call with out telling each other "I love you". Expressing how you feel towards your children or spouse every day is very important. My 19 year old son may take a little grief from his friends for it but he does it anyway. Same goes for my daughter, you never know when the last time you see them will be.

Thanks for posting it.

Dan

Beautifully written, Ryan. Thank you for sharing such a touching, beautiful tribute to your dear friend, Eric. He lives on in those lives he touched - and clearly, he lives on in you.

Without a doubt the best tribute I have ever seen. He needs to read those same words at the funeral. It would be a great eulogy. I can't think of a higher praise than that.

A thoughtful, provoking item.

A lot of us tend to get so caught up in the day to day working world, and then spend the weekend working our asses off doing things around the house and yard, and feel guilty it we're not running ourselves into the ground. We think if we're just sitting there, enjoying the weather, the sun, watching the birds splash in the birdbath, (Fun to watch! Try it sometime!) we're somehow wasting time. That's faulty thinking in my opinion. I've come to believe if we don't slow down once in a while, and tell the workaholic voice in our head to "stick it boss, I've got a five dollar cigar!!" we'll surely regret it. Try it. You won't regret it.

One more thing, we've all got relatives and loved ones whom we care for a great deal. Today, without warning, walk up, give them a hug and tell them you love them. If recieve a surprised "What was that all about?" reaction, well, you're simply not doing it enough. Don't wait until tomorrow. If you think you've got time, you need to re-read Ryan's words again.

That is a great read.

We have a un written rule in the house we don't leave the house or end a phone call with out telling each other "I love you". Expressing how you feel towards your children or spouse every day is very important. My 19 year old son may take a little grief from his friends for it but he does it anyway. Same goes for my daughter, you never know when the last time you see them will be.

Thanks for posting it.

Dan
Same here Dan... Sometimes I find it hard to not say it to someone I am ordering parts from :D since it such an automatic reaction... However it is always meant...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back