How many have bought tickets to NHRA for '09 (1 Viewer)

paoldtimer

Nitro Member
Just wondering how many here have purchased tickets for NHRA shows for 2009?
I haven't yet and I'm not sure if I will. If I decide to go anywhere it will be short notice and I'll buy them at the track.

I missed the deadline to renew my Top Eliminator seats for Houston.

We were still too busy dealing with Ike aftermath to worry about tickets for an event 6 months out.

If I am still employed com Feb, we will probably pick them up then. Already cancelled the trip to Dallas for next year.

Already bought Pomona1, Vegas1, Seattle, and will do V2 and P2 at least. Thinking about Sonoma and Norwalk. Don't care about 1000', short fields, sky falling, whatever. Gotta go to the races!

I'm probably going to Houston since I've never missed a Nat. event there..... reguardless of the situation. It will probably be the only event I attend unless I see some positive changes by the time Memphis and Dallas roll around. I never buy tickets until I get there since we sit in the general admission section with the same group of people every year.

I've renewed my tickets for Norwalk, and I'll go to Indy, but I don't know if I'll renew my tickets for St. Louis

nope gonna wait to see if there are enough teams to run, if they lower the cost because of less show (yeah I know) or if they drop the you know what. My nhra racing has already gone backwards the past 2 seasons

Have to wait and see.

I've already renewed my tickets about a month ago for G-ville. I would love 1320 for TF and FC but hey at least the other classes will run the quarter. Besides, any nitro is better than no nitro. But, I go to also roam the pits and talk to and take pictures with the drivers.

According to Brainerd, (just got the notice in the mail yesterday.) I've got until April 15th (An odd day to pick, I think.) to make my mind up. I'll probably wait until then to see if I'm still gainfully employed.

Not looking real good right now........:(

By my count,(and who's counting?) it's 49 days until we fly to Pomona. Will go to Vegas 1&2, Bristol, Chicago, and ,of course, Charlotte. Or is it Concord?:D

Oh, by the way, looks like Terry McMillan and Mike Dakin will be running some NHRA races this season.

As far as spending money in 2009 to attend a race, i think i will save up some money, try to pay off my bills, keep the lights on and the kids stomach full.
I am very fortunate that i get the chance to work for NHRA and have signed up to work vegas, g-ville, chicago, memphis, indy, charlotte, denver, and pomona. Denver and vegas will happen. The other ones we will see.

The funny thing is that if money were not an issue, i would love to attend them all, and if the opportunity comes up, (which i am working on) i will get the chance to attend many more. For right now, i will wait for vegas in april for my nitro:)

Last year we skipped Seattle (closest event to us) to go to the Pan-Am Nationals in New Jersey and went to Indy instead. We had our mind set that this year we'd go to Seattle instead of back to Pan-Am's but with the way things are I might hold off to see how everything works out and go back to NJ and do Pomona at the end of the year. I'd like to go to at least one event...

No tickets for me. I think Im done. I usually go to 3 or 4 races a year starting in 1982 Pomona 1,2 , Sears Point not Infinion, and either Vegas or the Gators. But between the Countdown, 1000' racing and a few other NHRA blunders I am tired of it.
I still like the racers and teams but what I love about racing is gone from the NHRA.

This year will be the March Meet, The Hot Rod Renioun (NHRA but run by the old guys), Funny Car Fever at Sac. ect.
And I think I will go to the salt for the first time. From what I see I think the Salt is where its at. Its still Run What You Brung, hope you brought enough. Lots of inovation. People building cars for themselves and not for some corporate idea of what you should have. You want a Rolls Royce with a Briggs and Stratten motor? Go for it.
Im a gear head and this appeals to me more than clone cars, (side by side racing) what ever that is, and interviews on what driver has the biggest motorhome.
Im not going to get bitter about it, just going to move on and spend my money where Im interested.

used to pre-buy BIR w/reserved seats almost 6-9 months in advance until
i decided i would rather have my money for those months rather than
the racetrack.
worth a little more money to decide late and attend the day/s i have time for.
undecided for '09.

I have bought no race tickets yet. Have plans for Pomona1, Chicago, Brainerd, Indy, Dallas, and Vegas2 (can't go to Vegas1, will be on a cruise then, otherwise I'd be there too). The only thing I've bought so far is my plane ticket for Pomona.

I plan on going to Gainesville,Madison,Joliet and Indy In 09.In 2010 If the nitro fields keep getting smaller I'll find something else to do.I will not pay to see only eight car nitro fields,If It gets to that I'll just go to Cordova.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back