Indy Tickets (2 Viewers)

vegasnitro

Nitro Member
In talking to a couple of people heading to Indy, this really has flown under the radar. If you are going GA (like me) NHRA and Ticketmaster are doing a fan relief program for the US Nationals, and you can get your tickets for $20 per day with no fees. That's right, I got my tickets for all 4 days for $80 TOTAL. So Cheap. Here is how you do it:

NHRA also will make available for advance purchase adult general admission tickets for only $20; a savings of up to $29 per ticket. The $20 ticket is available for advance purchase only, on a first-come first-serve basis, by calling (800) 884-NHRA and mentioning the “fan relief offer” or by visiting the appropriate event page at Ticketmaster.com and entering the password “Relief” in the “promotions and special offers”. Race fan relief tickets purchased through Ticketmaster.com can be picked up at will call for no charge.

I urge everyone going GA to take advantage of the savings. I will see everyone there!

PS We will be camping as usual, everyone is invited to drop by the campsite for shenanigans and cold beverages.

Am I reading the chart at Tickemaster right? There is no GA seating on the West side at all? I've sat on the East side for several years, but I always thought there was some West side GA.

Sean D

Chris you are my hero. Thanks for posting this, just saved me a TON of money. I'll be there Fri-Mon now.

Remind me I owe you are beer for the heads up here on this.

Thanks NHRA for even having this offer too.

Mr Indy (John) whats the cou....oh wait I can't say that word..um How many days left :D

Am I reading the chart at Tickemaster right? There is no GA seating on the West side at all? I've sat on the East side for several years, but I always thought there was some West side GA.

Sean D

Sean,There Is. GA on the west side,In fact I got screwed out of my top row tix. for Sun. because they made more GA room.

Sean,There Is. GA on the west side,In fact I got screwed out of my top row tix. for Sun. because they made more GA room.

Well, I thought so, Scott. I sat over there for years, and I know at one time the last section was sectioned off for participants, and now it's showing sponsors. It would be nice to know for sure where all the GA is going to be, but at the end of the day, a deal is a deal.

Thanks again for posting this thing, Chris.

Sean D

Don't thank me .... thank CompPlus. It was a little blurb on Bobby's site about 2 or 3 weeks ago and I filed that nugget away for future reference. It is the only place I have seen it reported, which is probably why it is flying way under the radar.

Glad I can spread the word a little further though. I am VERY excited for the race, can't wait to see everyone there.

That's an Excellent deal, but I just Cannot sit General admission when it's around half-track or further! At Houston where it's the entire side of the track it's sweet!

That's an Excellent deal, but I just Cannot sit General admission when it's around half-track or further! At Houston where it's the entire side of the track it's sweet!

The only place I do GA is Joliet where the whole left side is GA. Otherwise you will find me in reserved by the starting line.

I scored this deal as well and have an extra for Friday ONLY. PM me if you need a Friday ticket.

Me, Greggo, the Swegian, Big Zappy, PJ, JRX, my Dad and any other stragglers have a good time sitting at the big end! Section P, Q or R on the pit side is the place to be ...

Me, Greggo, the Swegian, Big Zappy, PJ, JRX, my Dad and any other stragglers have a good time sitting at the big end! Section P, Q or R on the pit side is the place to be ...

thats why I decided not to bother with reserved so many of us end up sitting together its more fun. Maybe we should get nhra to rope of a mater section for us.

All right, The Swegian is practically inside the gates at Indy now. Greggo ordered the fan relief ducats for us, and today, I booked my flight! I'm going to be in Tempe, Az the week before and I have to be there until Friday. So, I fly home late Friday night, basically get a few hours of shut-eye, change luggage, and fly out first thing Sat AM. I get in at 10:15 so Greggo will be picking me up and we'll head straight to the track. Can't wait to see everybody...and hang out in good ol' section R or S, wherever we all sat last year. PJ, what are you campaigning for this year? I'll make sure I bring a sign. Greg, I'm thinking water bottles again...:eek:

Thanks Chris!!!! We are ordering our tickets for Saturday in the next few days and that will def. help us out :)! Looking forward to meeting everyone at Indy!!!!

Thanks Chris!!!! We are ordering our tickets for Saturday in the next few days and that will def. help us out :)! Looking forward to meeting everyone at Indy!!!!

You may not want to wait, I believe they only offer a limited number of these.

Kroggy, still beatin the same drum, the C-down.
See ya there

All right, The Swegian is practically inside the gates at Indy now. Greggo ordered the fan relief ducats for us, and today, I booked my flight! I'm going to be in Tempe, Az the week before and I have to be there until Friday. So, I fly home late Friday night, basically get a few hours of shut-eye, change luggage, and fly out first thing Sat AM. I get in at 10:15 so Greggo will be picking me up and we'll head straight to the track. Can't wait to see everybody...and hang out in good ol' section R or S, wherever we all sat last year. PJ, what are you campaigning for this year? I'll make sure I bring a sign. Greg, I'm thinking water bottles again...:eek:

Ya know I got to thiking....why are you wasting the time flying home for a few hours. I'm pretty sure that nowadays they have flights from Arizona to Indy:)

I got to thinking about it, PJ, and went ahead and ordered our tickets earlier today so we wouldn't miss out.... or in my case forget...lol. ;)

Ya know I got to thiking....why are you wasting the time flying home for a few hours. I'm pretty sure that nowadays they have flights from Arizona to Indy:)

Yep, I may not be the brightest bulb on the tree, but I did think of that. Since Edward Jones is funding my flight to PHX, it ended up being cheaper for me to just fly back on the original flight and then fly out Sat AM from MSP instead of switching the flight they already booked for me. Besides, this way I get to spend a few hours with the lovely Mrs. Swegian;) before leaving again.

I got to thinking about it, PJ, and went ahead and ordered our tickets earlier today so we wouldn't miss out.... or in my case forget...lol. ;)

Good move Melanie. I believe they were offering 1500 tickets/day (not sure if that's correct but that's what I heard) at the special price.

MR. Cook, thank you SO much. PJ saw yer thread, told me, I called Tix are in the mail. I saved enough to also go Fri. or Mon.
But wait I think my hotel has a pool...... :p:p:D

P-Q-R-west side, got it. Can't wait to see the gang again, been too long.
Travel safe everyone.

Just something I wanted to add/vent about this. Now I'm not going to complain about $20 tix but... I was not given a will-call option on Ticketmaster. I called NHRA ticketing and they told me no will-call option was available over the phone and that they "had" to charge me a $9 account set-up fee. I told the gal I spoke with about how many tix I have bought through them over the years but NO-DICE. Anyway I did the PITA Ticketmaster deal of making 4 seperate purchase with the $2.50 printing fee so I spent an extra $1 but I don't have to worry about getting the tix on time.

OK - done with the vent. I am still way ahead with the relief prices.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back