How many have bought tickets to NHRA for '09 (1 Viewer)

I bought tickets for Vegas1. In 08 the only race I was able to make it to was the first D1 race at Atco. If I had been able to make it to more races this year I don't know if I would be going.

According to Brainerd, (just got the notice in the mail yesterday.) I've got until April 15th (An odd day to pick, I think.) to make my mind up. I'll probably wait until then to see if I'm still gainfully employed.

Not looking real good right now........:(

David,

Do you like how they jacked up the prices too? Great business move in a crappy economy. super week+reserved seat+wheeler went up $60! what a load of crap!

Renewed Top Eliminator seats and trackside motorhome spot for Houston. Not thrilled about 1000' though. I'll give it a try.

Rooms reseved, trackside Rv parking and tickets for Phoenix 09 paid for at last years event. I'm expecting a Christmas card [bill] from LVMS for my Vegas 1 RV camp any day now.

Will buy tickets for the Winternationals when I get there.

i renewed my englishtown tix , but i will only be in the stands for pro stock, when the 1,000 fiasco comes on ill be in the pits :mad:

I'm planning on renewing for Bristol, Concord, and Dinwiddie, but mainly because I have RV spots at all three events, and I don't want to lose any of the spots. Otherwise, I may have to think about it. I'm not a fan of 1K racing.

Murdock.

Too early for me. I'm thinkin of trying some tracks I haven't done. Like Pomona - Vegas - Pnx, instead of the same old . I really enjoyed zMAX last year, so I may try some new.

David,

Do you like how they jacked up the prices too? Great business move in a crappy economy. super week+reserved seat+wheeler went up $60! what a load of crap!

Yeah, isn't that sweet???:rolleyes:

Like I said, all depends on whether I'm still workin' by the deadline.......

No, haven`t bought any yet. Already bought my Pomona airline tix though, I`ll get the race tix in the next couple weeks. Its just gonna be both Pomona events and Seattle for me next year. The wife, kid and I fly into LaGuardia the Sat of the Etown race for a 10 day NYC vacation, so I`m wanting to make Sun elims there.

Last edited:
We re-newed our tickets for Norwalk as well as their Night Under Fire, and may possibly attend Indy. I can't wait. I love drag racing regardless of how long the track is. With my imaccular degeneration hitting at middle age, I can't see past 1000' anyways. Shortening the track was a blessing for me. :D

Dont care if there is 3 car fields. As long as its Nitro im in. G-ville, Viva Las vegas and then vegas 1 the next weekend with a 5 day Harley jaunt in between doesnt get any better, Madison, Chicago, Bowling green(nost), Sturgis then Brainerd, Indy, Charlotte(maybe) Vegas 2.

I never buy tickets in advance as I usually buy GA tix and stand along the fence.

Put these events down in stone for me:

Both preseason tests in Vegas
Vegas 1
Gainesville + camping spot
Indy + camping spot
Concord + camping spot
Vegas 2

Gonna do everything I can to make some of these events:

Phoenix test
Pomona 1
Phoenix
March Meet
Sonoma
Bandimere
Good Guys at Bowling Green
Pomona 2

Lastly, I know it is not NHRA, but I have a gazillion airline miles and Hilton honors points, so I am starting to wrap my head around going to Australia in '09 for a National Event down there. I have to start using some of my miles by December 31, 2009. I have always wanted to go to Australia anyway, so the ANDRA finals in May or next year's Scott Kalitta race may be in play ...

Last edited:
nope gonna wait to see if there are enough teams to run, if they lower the cost because of less show (yeah I know) or if they drop the you know what. My nhra racing has already gone backwards the past 2 seasons

Have to wait and see.

I'm with you PJ. It's a wait and see. I won't even renew my National Dragster. Hell, I don't read anything except Mike Dunn's column anyway.

As for tickets, I doubt they'll be hard to get. Who knows, might even find some great discounts.

I find it interesting how many of you are choosing to not go because of the "quality" of racing.. (1,000 ft, short fields, etc)

I can't say that I disagree with some of you on those points, but my only deciding factor will be $$$ because whether or not I am happy with the overall show doesn't matter.

Two of the people in this picture don't care about the quality of the show .. they just want to go see the racing, and talk to their favorite drivers.

My son (4 in this picture) insists on being in the stands for every single run, no matter what class. :D

I will take my kids as long as I can afford it, because they enjoy it, and I like exposing them to the good side of things, and I want them to love the sport like I do.

2593860500058989943S600x600Q85.jpg

this whole post was just so I could pimp out the picture of my kids, btw. lol

Last edited:
I renewed for Gainesville. I'm not crazy about 1,000 feet, but I just can't imagine March without going to the Gators...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back