History Channel's Madhouse (1 Viewer)

Al smith

Nitro Member
Anyone see this series yet? I saw it for the first time at 3am today. With all the rivalries They definitely don't get along LOL. Some would say that they script this to attract viewers. But there was a short clip of the fans going at it in the stands. I can say this DOES happen, For a number of years I would go to a local dirt track on Friday nights with my son. It was like church in that every Friday that same fans would show up. drape and tape comforters or blankets to the same seats they sat in the previous Friday. They would typically group in their team cheering sections, Would bad mouth other drivers even though only two or three rows below them would be fans cheering those badmouthed drivers. They would throw drinks and food, curse, arrive already drunk. Get thrown out. While me and my son would sit idly by. laughing at the entertainment. While not being too exuberant cheering for our favorite drivers,
I must say I went to that half mile clay oval just as much for the action in the stands as I did on the track. I do not know if the same stuff went on in the pit side of the track as I never bought a pit license. When we did go over there after the final checkered flag it seemed pretty normal. And over the four or five seasons I went to this now defunct track I never saw a driver jumping on top of and kicking another guys race car, or fist fights. Does anyone here have similar experiences?

Last night was the first of this series that I have missed. Thought I had the DVR set. I grew up watching the NASCAR modifieds on Long Island, NY in the 60's and 70's. This show has some incidents that go over the top. If any driver was to purposely crash his car into another like the guy did on their last race of the season, he would never be allowed back at the track. I have seen some "disagreements" in the pits and on the track but if the cops had to be called, chances are you wouldn't be racing the next week.

I live about 70 miles from Winston Salem and Bowman Gray Stadium. Some of us are talking about going down there one Saturday night to see what all of the fuss is about. I not getting down near the front row, though. :eek:

This is in our back yard.... Great place to start racing... So much fun to go there..... Its only 10 mins from our house....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back