What's new

Favorite Front-Engine Top Fuel Car? (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
Tony Nancy always had sharp looking cars. He had a 32 Ford Roadster with a blown Buick engine around 1959-1960. 22 JR was his trademark. Also an A/Modified Roadster that I saw at San Fernando in early 60's, that had a blown Buick. Rear engine T/G dragster with the Plymouth wedge engine, that he ran in England. Later, a Top Gas dragster with a Chevy rat motor, late 1960's, then the T/F cars, front & rear engine. He was a class racer. If you had a car with Tony Nancy upholstry you had something special. Famous seahorse trademark.
Hey Cliff remember the small part Tony had in Hollywood Knights? Tony was a cool dude. I remember building the Revell model of his slingshot.

Cliff

Nitro Member
Argh, no I don't remember that. But oh yeah, Tony was a cool dude. Ex Marine. Once I talked to him about when he raced in England. He said the tracks were so bumpy that he spent half the run in the air. heh When he ran the Buick cars, he used the "nail head" Buick engine. Tommy Ivo also used that engine a few times. Not too many racers ran Buicks. Nancy liked to use engines that no one else ran, like the Plymouth wedge back motor car and he was competitive with those engines. Around 1969 he ran that rat motor Top Gas dragster & it ran with the Chryslers.

DrRocket

Nitro Member
I always kind of liked the Hotwheel diggers Prudhomme and Mongoose drove back in the day.

They weren't as successful as perhaps they would have liked, but I liked the looks of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)