Historic announcement from JFR tomorrow! (2 Viewers)

So you're saying it is more of an unproven team than it is BOSS 500 vs AJPE, with AJPE being proven in TF for several years in a row? No trying to start an argument...

i didn't say anything about an unproven anything...... it's an aftermarket version of the chrysler HEMI just like the AJPE or the BAE or KB.... the block and heads are identical to all the motors in NITRO racing... John Force puts a BOSS 500 logo on it so it looks good in a mustang. .... look at the motor closely...... since when does a FORD motor have a mag 45 degrees to the upper right side in line with an external oil pump off the lower left side... not to mention every other part being interchangeable with most the motors from DSR , AJPE and so on...

After all the media attention Lady drivers have given NHRA over the years....Shirley and Heart like a Wheel, Lori Johns was everywhere in 1990 doing talk shows, you name it! Good Morning America was in Topeka to interview Shelly Anderson and even video taped her doing a Burnout! CBS Sunday Morning doing a feature on Melanie Troxel about 3-4 years back, Driving Force the TV show.....

My point is Drag racing continues to be considered a second rate Motorsport by the Media at large...

Theres an article on comp plus about this very thing, its not the days of Shirley Muldowny battling it out with all the men anymore, drag racings diversity where different ethnic groups and male and female drivers all race together has made it so that its not longer a big story to the media.

According to media, drag racings diversity is just not news anymore, it has become normal.

So you're saying it is more of an unproven team than it is BOSS 500 vs AJPE, with AJPE being proven in TF for several years in a row? No trying to start an argument...

I don't think the block has all that much to do with it.

All the go fast stuff is the parts that get bolted to it. :D (all of which would interchange)

All the go fast stuff is the parts that get bolted to it. :D (all of which would interchange)

Exactly! I think it's more about the heads and the fuel delivery system when it comes to the engine. Of course, the clutch is the key component!

Too many adult beverages addled my brain to the point that I couldn't make the point that you did, Paul. The question I have is how well will the BOSS 500 engine program (not just the block, but all the goodies that are part of the engine) will fare in TF. It's been proven in FC, I'd just like to see if their engine program will stack up against more-or-less AJPE based engines in the TF class.

On a side note, doesn't DSR use blocks that aren't of AJPE origin? I know they have their own cylinder head program...

The engine will be fine, plenty of power there.

Like most teams, I think the bigger issue is what happens in the bellhousing.

Last edited:
I like Neff, but I think a hidden benefit to this whole thing is that with one less FC, a position in the FC field has just opened back up for the guys that don't always qualify every week.

Theres an article on comp plus about this very thing, its not the days of Shirley Muldowny battling it out with all the men anymore, drag racings diversity where different ethnic groups and male and female drivers all race together has made it so that its not longer a big story to the media.

According to media, drag racings diversity is just not news anymore, it has become normal.

But the whole Jimmy Kimmel/Antron Brown deal begs the question.....if all the Minorities in Drag racing didn't mean a hill of beans the past 30 years, why would 2013 be any different?

That's how the game is played.

I always thought beating the car in the other lane was how the game was played.

Its nice to see another Force kid in the seat, top fuel needs to continue to grow. Just another one of the kids being given the chance at a seat in a fuel car, by 15 time nhra champ dad.............the way it should be.

I was very surprised to see Brittney's TF dragster without a canopy. John is always preaching safety of his funny cars. Its just hard to believe they wouldn't have this on her TF dragster. :confused:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back