Monday NHRA News announcement rumors (2 Viewers)

Nitro Member
From DRO on FB:

The NHRA has announced a major news conference via telephone for this Monday as part of their normal pre-National Event teleconference. The rumor mill has the NHRA making an announcement that they have sold their Pro classes to another party but will retain control of the Sportsman That rumor only makes some sense as it is a fact that when NHRA tried to sell itself in the past, the deal would have been for the Pro Classes ONLY! The agent has learned that the NHRA has reached out to the division Directors and instructed that all of them log into the press conference an half hour before it starts.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152056529290770&id=111187905769&fref=nf

John Force hadn't heard anything like this as of yesterday at Auto Club Dragway in Fontana, CA. Guess the Suits in Glendora might have mentioned a sale to him.

This rumor has been going around since before the 2014 Winternationals.

*Yawn* Sunoco to be official fuel sponsor....not exactly earth shaking news...

"Activation of the sponsorship will include a comprehensive package of television spots, digital presence, on-site visibility and NHRA-themed consumer and retail promotions designed to increase attendance and television viewership."

Man, I reallllyy don't want to sound like a downer on this (all sponsorship is welcome), but, is this stuff going to be right next to all the "Official Fuel Supplier of NASCAR" activation??

I thought maybe the NHRA just might one-up NASCAR, today, who announced a 7 year/5mil per, extension of Camping World's title sponsorship to the truck series.

"Activation of the sponsorship will include a comprehensive package of television spots, digital presence, on-site visibility and NHRA-themed consumer and retail promotions designed to increase attendance and television viewership."

Man, I reallllyy don't want to sound like a downer on this (all sponsorship is welcome), but, is this stuff going to be right next to all the "Official Fuel Supplier of NASCAR" activation??

I thought maybe the NHRA just might one-up NASCAR, today, who announced a 7 year/5mil per, extension of Camping World's title sponsorship to the truck series.

Just like JFR will be 2nd Fiddle to Danica Patrick for PEAK.

Since Sunoco just acquired 1,000 more stations, now approximately 6,000 total, it is obvious they are a growth oriented company with many more retail stores and fuel stations than VP had to offer. That kinda sounds positive.

Don't want field,they are gonna have many lawsuits since the own the circus where those ten people were severely hurt not to mention lawsuits from the greedy people in the audience

Sunoco is only sold east of the Mississippi. Now if Sunoco was available in all states instead of just 24. Maybe the advertising would help the growth of NHRA.

That is only the Sunoco branded gas stations and convenience stores.....have you seen their distribution network for racing fuels? Play around with this map and you will see that they have quite the footprint, although I agree that it's the heaviest in NASCAR land.

http://racegas.com/fuelfinder

From DRO on FB:

The NHRA has announced a major news conference via telephone for this Monday as part of their normal pre-National Event teleconference. The rumor mill has the NHRA making an announcement that they have sold their Pro classes to another party but will retain control of the Sportsman That rumor only makes some sense as it is a fact that when NHRA tried to sell itself in the past, the deal would have been for the Pro Classes ONLY! The agent has learned that the NHRA has reached out to the division Directors and instructed that all of them log into the press conference an half hour before it starts.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152056529290770&id=111187905769&fref=nf
Sorry, but the rumor of NHRA selling its Pro classes makes no sense at all. I could see maybe selling NHRA as a whole organization, but remember this is a not for profit organization and I'm not sure how that would take place. Wally might strike a bolt of lighting on that deal.o_O

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back