Hillary Will Crashes (1 Viewer)

Jim,
Thanks for the straight scoop! Let's also hope you now have your bad luck with tires out of the way for the year/decade/lifetime?

Just a side note, that wreck could easily have sidelined a well seasoned veteran yet Hillery was up and ready almost immediately? I'd say she's now qualified to be released from any more ill speaking about her toughness and quality as a top fuel driver.

My Son Was with Hillary when they started up the A/fuel car and was there last year when she wnet pro. No one who knows hillary at all would question her toughness or her passion to race. She is simply one of the best people I know. She will win it is just a matter of time.

Jim O., thanks for the updates! Sure sucks you guys lost a perfectly good car but the main thing is that Hillary is safe and ready to go again. Best of luck tomorrow with testing and the rest of the season. :)

Thanks Jim. I hope Hillary is able to go a couple of laps today, half passes, full passes, whatever she needs to get back up on those horses. ;)

My Son Was with Hillary when they started up the A/fuel car and was there last year when she wnet pro. No one who knows hillary at all would question her toughness or her passion to race. She is simply one of the best people I know. She will win it is just a matter of time.

Just a little note, she never ran an A/fuel car. She raced a blown alcohol TAD!

Mike

PS Welcome to the board

My heart sank when I saw the headline.

I am so gald that she is alright.

Thanks for the updates Jim "O"

So glad Hillary is OK!

I hope they can get everything up to speed with the backup car. Best of luck in Pomona!

I am so glad Hillary is o.k. My Mom called me on Sunday to let me know what happened. I don't have the internet at home (The last thing I want to do is be on the computer after work!) and I have just seen the video and the pictures for the first time this morning. I am just shocked! I am glad to hear she is ready to get back in that monster and do it again. Hillary has got some guts!!! The photo of my brother walking with her was intense. He was truly shaken. I am very glad he got on here and posted what happened. We certainly don't need any speculators. I am sure those guys have never moved so fast in their lives. They probably ran at over 200 m.p.h. to get to her. I am amazed she had such a big beaming smile on her face! She is ready to go!!! I am looking forward to her making some passes today. I would be shakin' like a leaf!!!

Go Team Kalitta & KB Racing!!!

Just a little note, she never ran an A/fuel car. She raced a blown alcohol TAD!

Mike

PS Welcome to the board

Thanks Mike. You are correct. Is the rookie in me showing thru. All I know is the first time the ground shook under my feet I was hooked as a fan. Not yet a real knowledgable one as my son would tell you. But I am trying. Thanks for setting me straight. Please keep doin so in the future. Although the next reply will probably be from my son bannong me from the site forever.
Thanks again.
Ken

Just want to echo what others have said about the response by other drivers, bystanders, and most importantly the Safety Safari.

Outstanding job by all, and to see those folks putting themselves at risk to get to a possibly injured driver nearly brought tears to my eyes. They followed the right debris path to reach Hillary without delay (< 25 secs!).

Every time you see something like this, remember that not all "racers" hold a steering wheel. We might hold a wrench, a checkbook, or most important of all an EMT or MD certificate.

JMHO

It's not the Safety Safari. It's the LVMS Fire and Safety Crew. These guys (and girls) are as good as any including the SS. They work all forms of racing at the speedway and are respected by the drivers, and crews alike. Donnie was here this weekend working the starting line, but the trucks you see rolling from the top end are the LVMS team. The Safari is the best, but this team is right up there. And they are one reason that so many teams come here to test. In this case they should get the credit for the job well done.

Alan

Someone told me they saw pics of the tires somewhere but they couldnt remember where it was. I have looked on several sites and have seen nothing. Anybody know where they are?

She just made her first hit in the new car. It hazed the tires just before half track, but was very strong down low, and straight down the track.

Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back