Hillary Will Crashes (1 Viewer)

any news on if she made a run yet today?

You know, GOODYEAR has always done the best job that they can with the tires they manufacture for all the classes in our sport... Hillary was out of the groove a bit, and even if she was in the groove... I think that most of us have seen everything from a pebble to a dzus fastener, to many other things left unseen on the track and many fans have had to yell at the wall jumpers to point out something that they clearly see laying on the track to potentionaly cut a tire... That being said, I am more then happy to see Goodyear take this approach at this time, instead of waiting for something else to happen... They do have the best engineers in the world of tires, so I hope they find the true cause of what happened and why... This has restored my faith in them on this matter...
Clap-Clap...

Hillary just made a third hit. Planned half track pass. It looked perfect, was on about a 4.50 run. 3.07 @ 274 mph at the eighth.

Alan

Thanks for the updates, all day long Alan...
She never missed a beat, as we all knew...

---------------------
The Speculator...;)

I love NHRA's CYA statement :rolleyes:
Reported breakage caused Will to lose control of her KB Racing dragster near the end of a 4.66-second 290-mph run. The cause of the accident is unclear.
The only 'breakage' was the tire coming apart. Only an idiot couldn't see it was the cause of the wreck.

Good Call Alan, They are the best out there, We had a great day out here as no one had any problems, Hilary did not make her last pass, They found a problem with a part and decided to run in the morning, The guys on there team are all great, Even Mr Ken Black, He even comes over to thank us for being here, I can attest that She had a big smile as we cameup to her on her first run this morning,

I'm sure they took the helmet. But after any crash they will, at the very least, rip the Snell sticker out of the helmet.

Ginger Welfringer

I think Bill Lagoni said they confiscated it permanately after his accident. I certainly wouldn't want to reuse a helmet after a crash like that but I would put it on the mantle and said "This is my what saved my head"

Does NHRA think these drivers are too stupid that they might(?) try to re-use a helmet after a crash like this? I can understand de-certifying it with a sticker of some kind and give it back to the driver, but just taking it away all together?:rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back