Grubnic/Hillary (1 Viewer)

Terry

Nitro Member
I always knew Connie had a set, but the Grubby/Hillary race sure showed it. I must admit I wouldn't have been surprised at a "different" outcome, but wow, a straight up, side by side race. Congrats to the gang from Ypsilanti for giving all of us the show we want and deserve. And congrats to HIllary on a great showing! Anyone notice that she treed Tony Shoe? Well done Hillary AND team Kalitta!

No surprise there at all.... Hillary looked good all weekend.... and the car didn't run to bad either...

She has matured into a very fine driver:)

d'kid

No surprise there at all.... Hillary looked good all weekend.... and the car didn't run to bad either...

She has matured into a very fine driver:)

d'kid
My sentiments exactly, Karl buddy....and she is a great interview also--sure hope KB and Connie can wangle a way to keep her in that car next year--and kudos to Jim O for the power and consistency to keep her going! That guy is in my humble opinion, the most overlooked, underestimated crew chief out there. And his sister's a pretty good person also!

My sentiments exactly, Karl buddy....and she is a great interview also--sure hope KB and Connie can wangle a way to keep her in that car next year--and kudos to Jim O for the power and consistency to keep her going! That guy is in my humble opinion, the most overlooked, underestimated crew chief out there. And his sister's a pretty good person also!

Did get to say hi to Jon yesterday afternoon, Jim O seemed a little busy... lol

d'kid

They sure did look good all weekend! I talked to them after the race and they were all at dinner. It sounded like they were having a good time too! Second place ain't too shabby! We all know Tony is going to win the Championship, but Hillary is going to beat him before long!!!:D

Terry, thanks for the compliment!!!:D

i fiind that Hillary looks good most if not all of the time :p:D

good job Team K....Jim O has her running on a string

You devil, you! Got an idea! Maybe if the Domers and the huskers consolidate, we could get competitive again? Something like Husker Dame, or Nobraska, or awww, never mind:D

I was just pissed that she didn't get interviewed after that match-up against Grubby.... with that run being the one that held off Shoe's clinch or whatever. I too was surprised the way both dragsters got down the track fairly well for that one. Connie & James made a tight call. Typically the old man likes to kick it up a notch and smokes them. That must have been fun for JimO & Connie. And for sure, we should all know by now that Ol' Connie doesn't back down for anyone. Just when you start thinking "team orders", I've seen him stomp his own son on the 'tree before.

They sure did look good all weekend! I talked to them after the race and they were all at dinner. It sounded like they were having a good time too! Second place ain't too shabby! We all know Tony is going to win the Championship, but Hillary is going to beat him before long!!!:D

Terry, thanks for the compliment!!!:D

Second place is not that big a deal, being number 2 in the points is. And with AJ leaving number 1 DSR , next year will be interesting.

I was amazed that Grubby was in the left lane, the lane to choose.
Way to go Hillary!!
O O Jim O!!

Lee
Nitroclovers

Great to see Hillary in the finals. I can't wait til next year where the field will be evened out. Sarge will still have a good year imo, as rumor has it Lee Beard will be tuning his rail.

On a completely different note...

I was reading the press release from kalittamotorsports.com and notice how it mentions every drivers name she faced in elimination except Tony...

Will, the No. 2 qualifier (3.799 sec., 315.49 mph), dispatched of No. 15 qualifier T.J. Zizzo in round one of Sunday’s eliminations. In the quarterfinals, Will defeated her Kalitta Motorsports teammate Dave Grubnic, driver of the DHL Top Fuel dragster, in a great side-by-side drag race, 3.877 seconds, 306.12 mph to 3.882 sec., 302.14 mph. Will made her third final-round trip of the 2008 NHRA season after vanquishing Doug Herbert in the semifinals, 3.837 sec., 302.96 mph to 5.604 sec., 142.97 mph.

In the final round of the 16-car eliminations, Will matched up against the Alan Johnson-tuned dragster. Will got the starting line advantage over her opponent, .078 seconds to .091 seconds, once the lights went green, but she ended up coming in second place for the event by a mere .023 seconds at the 1,000-ft. finish line stripe, 3.847 sec., 307.09 mph to 3.811 sec., 316.08 mph.

Coincidence?

ya pry :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back