Good read on EE blog (1 Viewer)

"Sometimes nothing is a good thing to do and usually a good thing to say." Might be why I don't throw in my 2 cents very often but I do enjoy reading all of the various opinions. Anyway I sent the follwing email to Mr. Enders and I stand by it.

Mr. Enders,

As a somewhat successful person I can understand your frustration with the comments from the keyboard crew chiefs/owners but what you did in the blog was really not very smart. Your looking for a sponsor but you rarely update the NHRA blog, and you unload on everyone. Yep, that's exactly the image a company wants their representatives to present.

I must admit I was a bit of a fan although since I am a old gray beard former nitro racer, Pro Stock is kind of an after thought. But having said that I really thought at one time you had a great combination and could be a great marketing tool. Now I understand why you don't have a sponsor.

You should wake up, ignore the critics and put your best image forward...not your worst!

I am ALWAYS shocked that ANYONE who is an owner or operator of a top team, with or without a sponsor can find time to visit, share or much less care what we "keyboard" crewchiefs have to say instead of spending every waking minute working on making things better for their car and team as a whole...
Maybe it's just me... :rolleyes:

I know I get absolutly NOTHING done when I'm on here, and it NEVER does itself... :(

Don't ALL crewchiefs tune and make their best guess with a keyboard anyway?? :confused:
That term has always confused me as well...
I feel like I should be getting a check for some of my helpful tips... :)

Last edited:
I am ALWAYS shocked that ANYONE who is an owner or operator of a top team, with or without a sponsor can find time to visit, share or much less care what we "keyboard" crewchiefs have to say instead of spending every waking minute working on making things better for their car and team as a whole...
Maybe it's just me... :rolleyes:

I know I get absolutly NOTHING done when I'm on here, and it NEVER does itself... :(

Don't ALL crewchiefs tune and make their best guess with a keyboard anyway?? :confused:
That term has always confused me as well...
I feel like I should be getting a check for some of my helpful tips... :)

C'mon Ray...Don't you know that sleep is overrated anyway? and when the neighbors whine about the garage lights at 4AM, they can talk to my little fuzzy friends (THE DOGS RAY....)

C'mon Ray...Don't you know that sleep is overrated anyway? and when the neighbors whine about the garage lights at 4AM, they can talk to my little fuzzy friends (THE DOGS RAY....)
I lived that life for 20 years... Not once did my neighbors bitch, and I had no dog...

Now the older folks home I'm at now is a totally different story... :mad: After the early bird special, it's lights out... :rolleyes:

I HATE THIS PLACE!!

I want my shop back....................... MFN SOB!! GD MF POS :mad:

Clean out the garage and tear down the fence, I'm on my way... ;)

No picket fences here, and the garage is ALWAYS clean- it is a RACE SHOP after all... Bring beer

No picket fences here, and the garage is ALWAYS clean- it is a RACE SHOP after all... Bring beer
I've seen the shop remember?? :D
Get out the sawzall and make room for the front half, or we will be barbequing, because the kitchen will be full of wing and rearend... :cool: Beer?? Yeah right... :p

"Sometimes nothing is a good thing to do and usually a good thing to say." Might be why I don't throw in my 2 cents very often but I do enjoy reading all of the various opinions. Anyway I sent the follwing email to Mr. Enders and I stand by it.

Mr. Enders,

As a somewhat successful person I can understand your frustration with the comments from the keyboard crew chiefs/owners but what you did in the blog was really not very smart. Your looking for a sponsor but you rarely update the NHRA blog, and you unload on everyone. Yep, that's exactly the image a company wants their representatives to present.

I must admit I was a bit of a fan although since I am a old gray beard former nitro racer, Pro Stock is kind of an after thought. But having said that I really thought at one time you had a great combination and could be a great marketing tool. Now I understand why you don't have a sponsor.

You should wake up, ignore the critics and put your best image forward...not your worst!
I'll respectfully disagree, John.

I thought Greg's response was excellent..and wouldn't hinder his sponsor seeking at all. It's 2007..my angle..if I was a potential sponsor..is seeing Greg's explanation of events as a good thing. He did put his best image forward, answering issues that get debated online..critiqued wrongfully most of the time. In my opinion a sponsor would respect Greg for this.

And to make a comment such as "Now I understand why you don't have a sponsor." is tacky at best.

I'll respectfully disagree, John.

I thought Greg's response was excellent..and wouldn't hinder his sponsor seeking at all. It's 2007..my angle..if I was a potential sponsor..is seeing Greg's explanation of events as a good thing. He did put his best image forward, answering issues that get debated online..critiqued wrongfully most of the time. In my opinion a sponsor would respect Greg for this.

And to make a comment such as "Now I understand why you don't have a sponsor." is tacky at best.

In retrospect perhaps it was bit tacky but it made my point about his response. He needs to realize he should defend his actions on the track not on the message boards, Attacking racing fans doesn't win respect or races, And it WILL not attract sponsors. He got way carried away defending his action and it came across very negative and with an attitude. At least that's the was I read it.

He's a DAD defending his daughter from some pretty bad stuff being said. The number stated is the amount invested including purchasing the team from DSR. Which was a done deal when they moved. Slammers wanted EE to sign over all marketing rights for the rest of her career. Slammers quit paying early last year. Gregg couldn't sign away everything and VC told him you can't sign that deal. GE calls Don asks if he is selling a team Don says yes but needs to run the team until indy for Mopar money. After Indy The team belongs to Enders.

I spent 35 minutes talking to him Friday at the race. He is busting his butt and had 2 sponsor phone calls during our conversation. He had to leave to pick one of them up at the gate. The guy has invested his life savings into his daughters career. He also told me if he wanted to take the easy way out EE has had 2 offers from prominent teams to race F/C and she is Licenced already but they want to win in PS.

All this team needs is the same influx that VC had and a little time Those Yellow cars didn't get fast overnight.

Lets see- if someone or a group of someones were constantly second guessing me or bashing my kid I would have to speak up as well.

He's a DAD defending his daughter from some pretty bad stuff being said. The number stated is the amount invested including purchasing the team from DSR. Which was a done deal when they moved. Slammers wanted EE to sign over all marketing rights for the rest of her career. Slammers quit paying early last year. Gregg couldn't sign away everything and VC told him you can't sign that deal. GE calls Don asks if he is selling a team Don says yes but needs to run the team until indy for Mopar money. After Indy The team belongs to Enders.

I spent 35 minutes talking to him Friday at the race. He is busting his butt and had 2 sponsor phone calls during our conversation. He had to leave to pick one of them up at the gate. The guy has invested his life savings into his daughters career. He also told me if he wanted to take the easy way out EE has had 2 offers from prominent teams to race F/C and she is Licenced already but they want to win in PS.

All this team needs is the same influx that VC had and a little time Those Yellow cars didn't get fast overnight.

Thanks for the info, I don't blame him for defending his daughter, I would probably do the same.
The fact that he supposedly put everything he owns towards his daughters dream is ridiculously stupid it's one thing to support your kid but that's taking it to the extreme if you ask me!
It's almost like he is trying to live his life through his daughter.
I wish them luck and I find it interesting she is already licensed for a F/C yet no source new about it and I don't remember her ever making any license runs, a requirement, which would have been plastered on every drag racing site known to man kind don’t you think?
The fact that they want to win in one of the most competitive classes before they would try any other class tells me they aren’t going anywhere any time soon.
She seems like a great kid all the times that I have spoken to her and I would love to see her succeed but the fact that NHRA and every other drag racing website made such a big deal out of the fact that she was a girl put her under a microscope she didn't and couldn't live up to, the hype, so they set her up to be criticized.
I just hope we get to the day were she is just another driver and if I hear another go girl post I'm going to hurl! :cool:

Thanks for the info, I don't blame him for defending his daughter, I would probably do the same.
The fact that he supposedly put everything he owns towards his daughters dream is ridiculously stupid it's one thing to support your kid but that's taking it to the extreme if you ask me!
It's almost like he is trying to live his life through his daughter.
I wish them luck and I find it interesting she is already licensed for a F/C yet no source new about it and I don't remember her ever making any license runs, a requirement, which would have been plastered on every drag racing site known to man kind don’t you think?
The fact that they want to win in one of the most competitive classes before they would try any other class tells me they aren’t going anywhere any time soon.
She seems like a great kid all the times that I have spoken to her and I would love to see her succeed but the fact that NHRA and every other drag racing website made such a big deal out of the fact that she was a girl put her under a microscope she didn't and couldn't live up to, the hype, so they set her up to be criticized.
I just hope we get to the day were she is just another driver and if I hear another go girl post I'm going to hurl! :cool:

Hey folks....How about we save this thread as a favorite for Erica's first win?

Just because 'they' set her up to be criticized, doesn't mean a person has to critcize her. (hint,hint) :D Perhaps you could have added " hasn't yet lived up to" . It sounds like she's already finished. I don't think so.

Just my opinion of course. ;)

man has this board got WEAK... sorry but there are no opinions anymore.. just sugar coated ass kissing. .Even if I dont agree with some of the things that used to get posted here, atleast it wasnt ass kissing mush all the time. weak

Oh Crap, look who's back. :eek:;)

Mr. Pot stirrer! :D

There's an opinion for ya! :)

Hey folks....How about we save this thread as a favorite for Erica's first win?

Just because 'they' set her up to be criticized, doesn't mean a person has to critcize her. (hint,hint) :D Perhaps you could have added " hasn't yet lived up to" . It sounds like she's already finished. I don't think so.

Just my opinion of course. ;)

Your right Jackee! I do think some were down the road she will succeed how successful that's yet to be determined. I should have worded it differently! ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back